If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 1st, 2020, 7:32 pm I thought it was interesting so I looked it up. Here are the average age of fans by sport:

NASCAR - 58
MLB - 57
NHL - 50
NFL - 47
MLS - 40
NBA - 37
Esports - 26
Yeah, but you are forgetting that average "Liberty" student isn't 18. It is MUCH higher. :wink:
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote: September 1st, 2020, 10:59 pm Are we forgetting the average 58 year old has college age kids?
Not at all. I don’t love the market to parents approach. My experience in school showed the majority of people who were at Liberty because their parents pushed them there were the ones who didn’t engage with the school or really want to be there. It’s not my call at all, but that’s a marketing change I’d make.

Now if we’re talking advertising for LUO, it’s correct that’s an entirely different audience.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Need to be careful on separating online vs resident students, in regards to sponsorship. They're both Liberty.

When I think back to Daytona, I think of all the TV time Liberty received, including internet. Probably best day ever, other than football time.
By Kiwon
ballcoach15 wrote: August 31st, 2020, 7:28 am The News & Advance basically ignored Byron's win. It should have been headlines in sports page.
What's more inexplicable is no mention at all on Liberty,edu. There is no feature there under Liberty News.

I saw one congratulatory post on LU's Twitter feed the day of the race.

William Byron is your student. He's on national TV most weekends. You sponsor his racing team. He just got his first win in a car with your name written all over it and it goes unacknowledged on the school's main website? That's just poor marketing. :banghead
Purple Haize, olldflame, ballcoach15 and 2 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:16 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 31st, 2020, 7:28 am The News & Advance basically ignored Byron's win. It should have been headlines in sports page.
What's more inexplicable is no mention at all on Liberty,edu. There is no feature there under Liberty News.

William Byron is your student. He's on national TV most weekends. You sponsor his racing team. He just got his first win in a car with your name written all over it and it goes unacknowledged on the school's main website? That's just poor marketing. :banghead
Excellent post. I didn't realize Liberty had not acknowledged this win. That is hard to comprehend. I realize there's a lot going on on campus, start of school year, new President, football getting ready to start season, etc., but someone dropped the ball on this.

My "tweak list" would have marketing near the top. This win should have been splashed all over Liberty University. Hopefully someone will make arrangements to bring the winning car to campus.
By rtb72

And poor support of one of your students who is a great representative of LU on a national stage.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Kiwon
rtb72 wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 10:10 pm

And poor support of one of your students who is a great representative of LU on a national stage.
Well, as the old saying goes, "Better late than never."

Liberty University joins William Byron in celebrating his first NASCAR Cup Series win

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2020/09/02 ... s-victory/
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
F1 Qualifying is really really cool. They start with all 20 drivers They then run a Qualifying round. 5 slowest times are put on the last 5 spots. Then the remaining 15 run another Qualifying run and the 5 sloWest get the next 5 bottom spots. Then the remaining 10 run a Qualifier and are assigned spots based on lap speed. In any of the Q’s you can run more than 1 lap. You are using tires from your set weekend allotment so you have to decide what compound to run.
Mercedes is just dominating.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:37 pm Drove a Mercedes on vacation last week. Smooth ride, plenty of giddy-up!
Now that you’re not making AST wages. Ha
JK37 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 5th, 2020, 6:02 pm Worth considering.

LU still has the Dealership Management degree that's partnered. I've also heard the school of engineering is partnered with HMS as well.

The Byron sponsorship isn't only superficial. Nor did Jerry get the only benefits. It seems academics are getting their share too.
Use of a yacht for over $6M of sponsor money is a fart in a whirlwind. I was in purchasing management for many, many years. It is pretty much commiserate with that kind of $/% in business. Happens all day, every day.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Mercedes took a huge penalty. Hamilton had to take a penalty and was at the back of the pack half way through. Made up something like 30 seconds to finish in points. Amazing
Both Ferrari’s had issues with one slamming into the tires causing a Red Flag and Hamilton’s penalty
Williams saw their last race as a Family Owned team. They sold to an American venture capital group.

Seriously, if you haven’t seen F1: Drive to Survive on Netflix chronicling the 2018 and 2019 seasons then you need to. It’s really fun.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Byron is out of playoffs. He ran into back of a slower car at Bristol tonight, he was running 10th at time of accident.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: September 21st, 2020, 8:58 am pretty good year for the 24. i would like to see him drive more aggressive next season./
and the remainder of this season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is a great series to get you “up to speed”

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]