If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 11:41 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 29th, 2020, 8:27 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:20 am NBA players should go to a police academy and work as policemen during off season.
That’s actually half a good idea. I’m not sure working as a LEO in the off-season is realistic but going through what Police go through via ride alongs simulators or evening a shortened academy might not be a bad idea.
It would give them a better idea what it is they have to go through. It would put LEO in a more positive light as fans (kids) see their favorites interacting with LEO.
There is something there
I think this is a great idea for anyone who is honestly curious about policing. Most citizens do not realize there is a standard by which LEO Use of Force is utilized and judged. So many people arm chair quarterbacking do not realize (or maybe don't care to) that it's never as simple as, "oh...they could have used a taser" or "why not shoot them in the leg". If anyone is genuinely interested on what the back side of the badge looks like, I'd encourage them to do a ride-a-long. My agency allows them routinely; it's as simple as signing a waiver. If anyone is interested in the case law that governs how LEO Use of Force is measured in "reasonableness", the case is below.

Graham v. Connor

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/490/386/
If I do ride alongs no one is shocked to see me in the back of the car!
rtb72 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm big on giving credit when credit is due, especially when I have been critical. James Harden's DEFENSE won that game last night. Just an amazing defensive effort when his offense wasn't clicking. Kudos to him and what a great game last night!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Are they still playing? Huh
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I watched some of the Dallas games. I had the Denver Utah game on at the hotel the other night. I guess the ending was exciting but the game wasn’t. Denver apparently has some dude who signed a really big contract. Never heard of him but it sounded like he was living up to the “hype”
I had high hopes for this bubble thing. But it’s not meeting expectations. I’d like to know who these players are but I can never see their names. Oh well UFC ratings are up.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cool story. I've enjoyed it. I'm not sure what more you could want from basketball in this situation but other then the refs being too much of the vocal point, I've enjoyed it.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:26 am Cool story. I've enjoyed it. I'm not sure what more you could want from basketball in this situation but other then the refs being too much of the vocal point, I've enjoyed it.
I’ll probably watch the Finals. Hopefully they will be two teams that are t traditionally there.
You are right about the ref. I noticed that in the games I watched. Seemed like there was always a review or something.
I still would like to know who is playing. I guess they are trying younger talent but it just didn’t grab me. Oh well
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That Jazz-Nuggs series was light on big names to casual fans. Both are young teams on the rise. The bigger names are all on the other three teams left standing in the West. The East is limited to everyone laughing as the Bucks implode against the Heat. Go Jimmy Butler!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know the focus in the east has been on Jimmy Butler and the Heat but what Boston is doing is absolutely phenomenal. Brad Stevens just knows how to get the best out of his team. So happy for Kemba. Amazing what cann happen when you don't have a head case running the point.

I ageee @Jonathan Carone , the Celtics will be Eastern Conf Champs.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:04 am That Jazz-Nuggs series was light on big names to casual fans. Both are young teams on the rise. The bigger names are all on the other three teams left standing in the West. The East is limited to everyone laughing as the Bucks implode against the Heat. Go Jimmy Butler!
The Jazz/Nuggets series was just so good. Game 7 was a bit of a slug fest but they left it all out there on the court.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:30 am I know the focus in the east has been on Jimmy Butler and the Heat but what Boston is doing is absolutely phenomenal. Brad Stevens just knows how to get the best out of his team. So happy for Kemba. Amazing what cann happen when you don't have a head case running the point.

I ageee @Jonathan Carone , the Celtics will be Eastern Conf Champs.
I wouldn’t mind future IU coach Brad Stevens winning an NBA title in Boston.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm a life long Celtics hater but I love watching this team play. Another great finish in these NBA playoffs!

.5 remaining. Tune in now!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah 2 players went the same way leaving him wide open but that pass over Fall to the other side of court was a thing of beauty.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I grew up in Orlando and have grown a very strong hatred (aka jealousy) of the Heat over the years but knowing how upset Jimmy Butler doing well makes Philly fans somehow makes this run ok with me.
JK37 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Jimmy Butler is a freak. If anyone has the intensity of Kobe or MJ, it’s that guy. He just doesn’t have it turned on all season like they would.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:36 am I’ll probably watch the Finals. Hopefully they will be two teams that are t traditionally there.
It'll be Boston vs one of the LA teams.
Miami is winning the Championship
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Houston finally sees D'Antoni for what a lot of us have seen for a while. A solid coach but not a championship caliber coach. It'll be interesting to see what direction they go. There is no reason that team shouldn't be able to compete, realistically, for a championship.

Thoughts @Sly Fox? Who will be some coaches they look at?

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Looks like this wasn't Houston's choice. Or at least that is how it is being spun.

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
James Harden is an incredible 1 on 1 player. James Harden will not win you an NBA Championship
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think he can but has to have the right kind of coach. D'Antoni isn't that guy.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]