If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Sly Fox wrote: August 19th, 2020, 10:25 am Meanwhile just east of Chicago, Notre Dame just suspended in-person classes after 146 students tested positive. It apears that the entire schedule is going to be on a week-to-week basis.
And if they were to check on the likely scenarios for how those 146 contracted the virus, my bet is that only a tiny fraction of the transmission occurred in class. Zero hospitalizations, and I'd be shocked if more than a handful are even sick enough to require treatment of any sort.
"Self quarantine"
"drink lot's of fluids"
"take acetaminophen for fever"
"get lots of rest"
"come back in 2 weeks or if you start to have more severe symptoms"
"bye-bye"
i don't really know what these colleges expected. kids are going to get it. its going to happen. If you thought they weren't and that is why you opened up, you should be fired. they said the majority of these kids didn't even know they had it.
olldflame liked this
Exactly. We’ve never tested healthy people to see if they are “sick”. The vast majority of cases now are asymptomatic. It’s beyond ludicrous now. I direct you to my post in the Non Athletic Rona thread
yeah, i think we are all just sitting here waiting for that to happen. holding false hopes.

but even still, the big 10 has really made this whole thing into a dumpster fire, while the commissioner allows his sun to play in the SEC.
My past thinking had always been that the P5 conferences plus a select few would be invited to any super league exit from the NCAA. This B1G hot mess has shown fissures in the alignments. It is obvious that schools like Vandy, Northwestern & Iowa State have no business gravy training into the next big thing and league commishs don't truly have the interests of its members top of mind. This could be the impetus for schools to organize themselves outside of their league structures to break away.

Just thinking out loud.
Purple Haize liked this
the best thing the conferences that are holding hope did was back the season up a month. Kids get back on campus and you get to go through that initial spike in cases that is entirely inevitable. I think as long as it doesn' get entirely out of hand, you'll be find. I think my biggest beef with the big 10 is give it a minute.
thepostman, ballcoach15 liked this
Warren seems to think he has the cachet of Delaney. And it is clear that is not the case. And the hubris in his responses may ultimately be his downfall. His days running the league are likely numbered in spite of what his arrogance indicates.
Sly Fox wrote:Warren seems to think he has the cachet of Delaney. And it is clear that is not the case. And the hubris in his responses may ultimately be his downfall. His days running the league are likely numbered in spite of what his arrogance indicates.
agreed. People would of complained but Delaney has always handled these types of affairs with a lot of information. Big 10 crapped the bed and here in hawkeye country people are lazily certain this is political.

The fallout will be huge. Many seniors at UM are already declared for the 2021 draft. And its likely many others at other B10 schools will do the same. This ensures that a "spring" season is unlikely and the reality is whats the difference between oct-dec season and a jan-mar season. what do they think is going to be different? a vaccine won't be available until at least summer 2021.
alabama24 wrote: August 28th, 2020, 1:07 pm What do y'all make of the news that B10 coaches are pushing for an 8 game season, starting Thanksgiving weekend? Could it be that they are hoping to push back the playoffs? :lol:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... n-football
Well, the virus will miraculously be under control after the election so...
ballcoach15, LU 57 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm Some updates from the main page on what the season MAY look like.

BUBBLES ARE THE TREND AND LIBERTY IS RUMORED FOR ONE IN DECEMBER
By: Jon Manson

A successful start to the college football season could play a huge role in the upcoming basketball season. Rumors have been swirling recently, and it seems as though the usual early November start may be delayed.

The NBA has been successful with a bubble setting to conclude the 2019-20 season. Now, it’s becoming more realistic that college basketball follows that model and Liberty has been mentioned as a possible team in one of the proposed bubble locations.

This is so ridiculous. Bubble? Why are we treating this thing like the kiss of death - it's not. take precautions and live your life. Precautions are wash your hands - stay out of peoples faces and don't lick doorknobs. Everyone will be OK. we need 2 weeks to flatten curve - it's been 6 months. We have lost less people in 6 months then the AVG of the last 6 years in the same time period. By almost 800K. These players and coaches are not overweight and unhealthy and such low risk. Open the arenas to people who want to risk it... Get students to work doors and concessions.
Purple Haize, JK37, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
prototype wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:35 pm
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm Some updates from the main page on what the season MAY look like.

A successful start to the college football season could play a huge role in the upcoming basketball season. Rumors have been swirling recently, and it seems as though the usual early November start may be delayed.

The NBA has been successful with a bubble setting to conclude the 2019-20 season. Now, it’s becoming more realistic that college basketball follows that model and Liberty has been mentioned as a possible team in one of the proposed bubble locations.

This is so ridiculous. Bubble? Why are we treating this thing like the kiss of death - it's not. take precautions and live your life. Precautions are wash your hands - stay out of peoples faces and don't lick doorknobs. Everyone will be OK. we need 2 weeks to flatten curve - it's been 6 months. We have lost less people in 6 months then the AVG of the last 6 years in the same time period. By almost 800K. These players and coaches are not overweight and unhealthy and such low risk. Open the arenas to people who want to risk it... Get students to work doors and concessions.
You need to follow science and the charts from experts. Don't be a nut case wearing tin foil. :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Do you have a source for those stats?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Sorry - the data analyst who compiled the numbers from the CDC website had them avg by year. It was 179k less deaths from week 5 through 35. Normally lose over 120k from alsheimers in that timeframe - this year only 23k. Guess they found a cure;). Source is CDC website.
prototype wrote: September 9th, 2020, 10:57 pm Sorry - the data analyst who compiled the numbers from the CDC website had them avg by year. It was 179k less deaths from week 5 through 35. Normally lose over 120k from alsheimers in that timeframe - this year only 23k. Guess they found a cure;). Source is CDC website.
There’s a lot of data on the CDC website. Can you post a link to where you drawing your conclusions? I’m not saying I don’t believe you but I’ve heard similar claims with no supporting data
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]