Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
I get we love to speculate about conference realignment here but there is absolutely no chance anyone is leaving the B1G to go to the Big 12. Also no conference is going to kick out its own member. Vanderbilt has been around since the beginning and they are one of the only schools making the SEC look decent at academics.

Ive been reading rumors that the pac 12 has been ready to cancel the season but didn't want to be first. Big 12 already has the votes to cancel the season (Oklahoma and Texas want to play) and the SEC will likely follow the B1G like they always do. I haven't read anything about the ACC yet.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: August 10th, 2020, 12:14 pm I get we love to speculate about conference realignment here but there is absolutely no chance anyone is leaving the B1G to go to the Big 12. Also no conference is going to kick out its own member. Vanderbilt has been around since the beginning and they are one of the only schools making the SEC look decent at academics.

Ive been reading rumors that the pac 12 has been ready to cancel the season but didn't want to be first. Big 12 already has the votes to cancel the season (Oklahoma and Texas want to play) and the SEC will likely follow the B1G like they always do. I haven't read anything about the ACC yet.
WVU wants to play
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's time every school in America stands up to B10, and tell them, "where to go". Same for PAC 12.
By tyndal23
Will be interesting to see if independents decide to play if ACC, SEC and Big12 do. If all 5 teams stay in we could pull it off and get a lot more exposure and potential tv ad $. A lot of home and home would need to happen.
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 12:44 pm Will be interesting to see if independents decide to play if ACC, SEC and Big12 do. If all 5 teams stay in we could pull it off and get a lot more exposure and potential tv ad $. A lot of home and home would need to happen.
I think it would bring us exposure in the same way the cure bowl or another pre Christmas bowl brings exposure. Sure we could probably get some games on national TV but I don't see more money coming our way (ESPN already tried to strong arm the Korean baseball league into giving them rights for free in exchange for "exposure") and I'm not sure how much legitimacy it would bring our program. Mid week MAC games get decent ratings on national TV and I'm not sure they are better off for it, they are often looked down on as the worst fbs conference.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: August 10th, 2020, 1:52 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 12:44 pm Will be interesting to see if independents decide to play if ACC, SEC and Big12 do. If all 5 teams stay in we could pull it off and get a lot more exposure and potential tv ad $. A lot of home and home would need to happen.
I think it would bring us exposure in the same way the cure bowl or another pre Christmas bowl brings exposure. Sure we could probably get some games on national TV but I don't see more money coming our way (ESPN already tried to strong arm the Korean baseball league into giving them rights for free in exchange for "exposure") and I'm not sure how much legitimacy it would bring our program. Mid week MAC games get decent ratings on national TV and I'm not sure they are better off for it, they are often looked down on as the worst fbs conference.
The difference here is that if LU and the other Independents are the +1’s for the remaining P5’s then exposure will be huge. Sure the LU v Army game won’t get ratings but others will
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: August 10th, 2020, 1:59 pm
Ill flame wrote: August 10th, 2020, 1:52 pm
The difference here is that if LU and the other Independents are the +1’s for the remaining P5’s then exposure will be huge. Sure the LU v Army game won’t get ratings but others will
It opens up a lot more time slots and cable vs streaming with 35 or 40 % of teams not playing. Sports bars around the nation will have us on one of the screens and the casual fan flicking through channels. BYU Liberty, Army Liberty and of course what PH said more eyeballs casually on the ACC games. Half the country watches their team - the other half are junkies and watch any game on.
By LUDad
https://247sports.com/college/louisvill ... 150082065/

ACC ready to move forward?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... r-BB17Na8J

SEC wanting ACC and B12 to join them in season?

https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/coll ... story.html

OD officially out.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ng-big-ten

Nebraska reaffirms that they are prepared to look at all options including playing outside the B10
chris leedlelee liked this
By chris leedlelee
LUDad wrote: August 10th, 2020, 2:31 pm

OD officially out.
Time to pick up some ODU transfers?? Especially with all of the players who truly want to play this year, player sentiment is not on the side of coaches/admins/presidents who bow out this season, especially when they are the only in their conference to do so.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: August 10th, 2020, 4:26 pm
LUDad wrote: August 10th, 2020, 2:31 pm

OD officially out.
Time to pick up some ODU transfers?? Especially with all of the players who truly want to play this year, player sentiment is not on the side of coaches/admins/presidents who bow out this season, especially when they are the only in their conference to do so.
Only one scholarship, and it should be a "buyer's market". I would hope we can do better than anyone coming out of ODU.
Purple Haize, ballcoach15, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 10th, 2020, 4:48 pm
Only one scholarship, and it should be a "buyer's market". I would hope we can do better than anyone coming out of ODU.
Same goes for JMU (in my best Balllcoach voice).
ballcoach15 liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Looks like we have lost a 4th opponent.

UMASS CANCELS FALL FOOTBALL SEASON, LIBERTY LOSES 4TH GAME

According to multiple reports, UMass has canceled their fall football season and will attempt to play in the spring. Liberty was scheduled to host the Minutemen on Nov. 28, marking the 4th game of the 2020 season the Flames have lost.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 11th, 2020, 10:33 am They might as well move down to FCS.

Correction: Drop football altogether. :lol:
Total money move. They will probably be one of the schools who save or make money by canceling football
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
How many +1 ACC games have opened up. ACC should have just made us the +1 for a season, if they want to play.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
sstaedtler wrote: August 11th, 2020, 10:35 am BYU would fit perfectly on November 28th as a replacement for Umass
BYU is down to 3 games - WAC had 3 of their remaining 6.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BC Sep. 12 Ohio Bobcats XLD
CLEMSON Sep. 5, Sep. 19, Sep. 26 open for +1
ND Sep. 19 Western Michigan Broncos XLD
PITT Sep. 12 Miami (Ohio) RedHawks XLD
WAKE Oct. 9 Old Dominion Monarchs XLD
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 11th, 2020, 11:09 am I guess we are just putting all football stuff here now?
I’m guessing this means they didn’t get any other takers on cancellation

https://voiceofmotown.com/report-big-te ... cellation/
I would hope this is at least partially in response to #WeWantToPlay. Realizing they were making decisions about player's lives with zero input from them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Perfect

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]