Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
[url][/url]Haskins and treadwell. Both stud jucos. If somebody beats our haskins then we are much more loaded than we thought. I think we will be fine at db. Theres still 10 plus guys there if you assume jolly reese and biggins can play as frosh which freeze has mentioned he thought they could. We were loaded with clark and land but i still think were ok.

Faulks scruggs haskins megginson steele dabney avery treadwell jolly biggins reese.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Haskins and treadwell. Both stud jucos. If somebody beats our haskins then we are much more loaded than we thought. I think we will be fine at db. Theres still 10 plus guys there if you assume jolly reese and biggins can play as frosh which freeze has mentioned he thought they could. We were loaded with clark and land but i still think were ok.

Faulks scruggs haskins megginson steele dabney avery treadwell jolly biggins reese glass. Then taylor goetz and alexander as well. Im still missing one.
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 5:22 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:58 pm I wouldn’t mind playing Army Friday night 9/4. We would have extra time to prepare for option and our D showed the staff knows how to stop it ( Cure Bowl ). They lost their opponent and would be a lot of eyeballs watching nationally. A bit tougher than UConn or Ball State but under the circumstance I would be for playing them.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule
At this point, we need games to even have the chance to go bowling. We are already on thinner ice and we can hear the ice cracking. I hope we take the chance to add Army and make a deal with ODU and UNC Charlotte. Not sure who else have days open on their schedules (BYU, Middle Tennessee perhaps?)
We need to help independents IMO. If we all band together and in some cases do a home and home UMass/Army for example then all the Independents can be in pretty good shape. Disappointed BYU opted for Navy over Army to begin with.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:07 pm The end of the season may be upon us shortly ...

Dang it, I was hoping for at least a couple more weeks or rumors and drama before the inevitable...
By tyndal23
My old post - indie as the only teams playing in the fall - playing each other twice with a champ game and a 1 year Big tv deal with the entire country starved for football tuning in weekly - could be coming true...ha ! ( excluding ND of course ).
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 8:01 pm If B10 cancels, everyone else should play on.
To your point, how many football national champions has there been outside of the SEC & ACC in the past 14 years. Exactly 1.

No one should question the legitimacy of a national championship this year as long as the ACC & SEC is playing.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUDad
tyndal23 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 8:04 pm My old post - indie as the only teams playing in the fall - playing each other twice with a champ game and a 1 year Big tv deal with the entire country starved for football tuning in weekly - could be coming true...ha ! ( excluding ND of course ).
If the ACC, SEC, B12, a couple G5 conferences and some indy's play, we can reach the 50% threshold the NCAA has mandated to be able to declare a national championship.
By Risewithus
No fall sports seems like the likely announcement soon. However, there is no plan being discussed about what happens if cancelled yet. Spring? Nothing? I need to hear more.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If big 10 doesn't want to play, tell them to "take their ball and go home ", along with PAC 12.
ACC, SEC and Big 12 should not let Big 10 and PAC 12 tell them what to do. Football would probably be better without Big 10 and PAC 12, anyway.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its funny ballcoach has been crushed for saying the ncaa lacks leadership now all kinds of national voices are saying the same thing like ian rappoport and ron desantis.

I hope the big10 pushes this. I still believe until one of the acc sec big 12 drops were playing. If they do it will finish off the big10 on the national scene and lead to the departure of osu at min.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By Dalegarz1
Kiss the Fall season goodbye! If the logistics can be worked out, the financial upside is to have a full season in the Spring.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A freelance reporter in Chicago is claiming based on his B1G sources that there could be either a temporary or potentially permanent move of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State & Nebraska to the Big XII as a result of the decisions being made right now. I find that HIGHLY unlikely. But it does make you go hmmmmm.

I think a more likely scenario is the P5 bolt the NCAA by spring and there is a reshuffling of the conferences as a result.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Reports out of Syracuse are that "the players" have decided they can't practice. Nothing about a vote. It's like they magically reached a unanimous consensus.

:BS
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 10th, 2020, 8:56 am A freelance reporter in Chicago is claiming based on his B1G sources that there could be either a temporary or potentially permanent move of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State & Nebraska to the Big XII as a result of the decisions being made right now. I find that HIGHLY unlikely. But it does make you go hmmmmm.

I think a more likely scenario is the P5 bolt the NCAA by spring and there is a reshuffling of the conferences as a result.
This will probably be the catalyst for the seismic shift that’s been coming for awhile.
I’d love to see a majority of B1G Presidents vote No Season then see those schools that voted Yes jump to play the schools in other Conferences. Schools need that money. With the revelation that Wisconsin will lose $100 of their $160 Million budget if the season is canceled I’m surprised you don’t see their name in that list
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Madison is liberal even by liberal standards. Shoot themselves in the head ($100M bath) to make political hay out of the pandemic. Seems par for the course to me.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I was born in Madison and both my parents are alumni, so I keep up with things there a bit. Despite the fact that the state's population is politically diverse, the university is a marxist cesspool. They will do whatever they think the leftist narrative says they should, and then look to the taxpayers to bail them out.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Badgers and the others not listed may not be invited to the party. I have seen suggestions that the SEC may force out Vandy and let Mizzou walk to either B1G or Big XII.

As much as Texas and Oklahoma prop up the Big XII, a closer inspection of the B1G reveals just how much Ohio State, Michigan & Penn State are propping up that league. Nebraska never has proven to be the good fit for the B1G that most expected it to be. They are much better aligned with their former Big 8 brethren. And keep in mind that times have changed dramatically in Austin with new leadership across the board. The folks that drove out the Aggies, Cornhuskers, Tigers and Buffs are long gone. So new deals in a wide open Post-NCAA landscape are going to be interesting if it all comes to fruiting.

All of that said, the rumor is garbage. But I love the conversation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Missouri and Nebraska make much more sense back in the Big 12. Never thought Nebraska fit in the B1G.
By LUOrange
olldflame wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:22 am Reports out of Syracuse are that "the players" have decided they can't practice. Nothing about a vote. It's like they magically reached a unanimous consensus.

:BS
They practiced Friday and Saturday. Apparently, they had worked some issued out on Thursday, when they were supposed to start. According to the press their issues were Rona related, to include playing us. Whatever it actually was, Babers appears to have settled it.
By LUOrange
Reports are coming out that only Nebraska and Iowa voted in favor of playing an d supposedly the B1G and PAC12 are going to cancel tomorrow. There appears to be some political blow back as supposedly Senator Sasse wrote letters to the B1G Presidents urging them to play. Clay Travis also tweeted that FL. Gov. DeSantis is urging the SEC and SEC to play regardless of the B1G's decision.

From what I've read the MAC's decision (and most of FCS) was based on costs related to the Rona tests. Message Boards are saying the biggest issues for the MAC and B1G was political pressure, especially in MI and IL. MI and IL having 2 of the most liberal moronic Governors, that doesn't surprise me in an election year. According to more press accounts on Twitter, the B1g's decision has to do with the kids unionizing and their wanting more time to handle that.

Like Ballcoach and I have said before, the NCAA failed big time with football and fall sports. Since they cancelled the basketball tournaments and spring sports, they had ample time to get the conferences and schools on board with a unified approach to this. Rather than leaving it up to conferences to do their own thing and cause division. They should've had the ability to jsut delay the seasons all together. To me, pushing the seasons back week by week, even to the point of having the season begin in the fall semester and finish in the spring, like basketball was a better approach that still left the spring ball idea on the table. Hopefully they won't blow it with the kids organizing either. The simple answer is if you want to organize and demand money, kiss your scholarships good bye. There are plenty of D2, D3 & NAIA athletes that would love the opportunity for a full ride at the FBS level.

We'll see what happens , and if it happens, what Spring ball looks like. But no matter how this season turns out, I think we're going to see some major realignment in the FBS due to the various conference decisions and money issues.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]