Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
What a crazy year! We are a month out from game 1.
Will there be fans in the seats? PA allows gatherings. Our amusement parks are open but Penn State decided no fans in the https://www.fox43.com/article/news/loca ... 9186b3e607stands.
Will VA allow fans? Will Liberty allow fans? If not it is what it is. I would much rather be on hand.
Ticketing has not even moved on seating. I would almost prefer they do different seating options now based on capacity and we go from there.
Assign seats now based on full, 75, 50 and, 25 percent capacities. It is a ton of work but why?
The season may begin at 25 percent and end at 75. It would be nice to know as things progress or decline we know where we are at and who is in and when without having to adapt mid stroke.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I think right now we are waiting on Lord Northam to issue his proclamation and the inevitable lawsuit we will probably file against him.

In other words, LU wants fans there. But currently, you can only have 1k in any entertainment venue in VA.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Was I wrong in thinking I saw Tech allowing 20 to 25% capacity at Lane Stadium???

Also, if you asked fans to wear masks to the game and you mandated social distancing you could get 40 to 50% capacity into williams stadium. You could also use the hill as well to seat people.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm I think right now we are waiting on Lord Northam to issue his proclamation and the inevitable lawsuit we will probably file against him.

In other words, LU wants fans there. But currently, you can only have 1k in any entertainment venue in VA.
We will not be the only ones pressuring the his majesty on this. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to pull something that will allow VT and UVA some flexibility while finding some reason why Liberty can't have it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:11 am I bought tickets a long time ago and have seats assigned. Haven't seen anything on changes.
Are you sure about those seat assignments? Cause we all got the letters saying all that would be handled TBD
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:26 am
TH Spangler wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:11 am I bought tickets a long time ago and have seats assigned. Haven't seen anything on changes.
Are you sure about those seat assignments? Cause we all got the letters saying all that would be handled TBD
Pulled up invoice online and checked. Seats are on there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 8th, 2020, 10:53 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:26 am
Pulled up invoice online and checked. Seats are on there.
Hmm. You obviously are a super duper big dollar donor. I’m just like a second or third tier donor :D
By LUDad
Had club seats last year but have waited this year to see how things unfold.

Question I have is will LU get an allotment for the ACC away games. Would love to go to State & Tech games.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: August 8th, 2020, 5:48 pm Had club seats last year but have waited this year to see how things unfold.

Question I have is will LU get an allotment for the ACC away games. Would love to go to State & Tech games.
I would like to hit the State game, I think we have a good chance in that one.

I did club for 8 years, but my gang is hit and miss these days. So the donation is a bit steep if you only need 2 tickets. Wish they had 1K, 2 ticket or a 1.5K 3 ticket offer.

I like my cheap seats though, front row with entrance wall behind me, almost feels like box seats :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]