Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Well. The wr group filled up quick. Its what happens when you have commitments. It forces other kids who are high on us but want to play the field to lock in their slots.

Jonathan streeter is announcing next week. Think we get him as a db as well.

It feels like theyve focused in on kaden rogers and then running backs and then going bpa for the last 5.
tyndal23 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 8:14 pm Too late to get Clark and Land back on campus...? Classes haven’t started :)
Why would we want them back if they already chose to move on? As a teammate, I would want them back. You would always question their commitment.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27314

The Verbal Commits thread has been posted. Links to the lists on all three major recruiting websites and links to each individual players thread where profiles, tweets, offer lists, and highlights are all available in the post for ease of use.

For those that don't know how much work it is. This took about 6 hours to get threads up for the 17 commits that we currently have. @Sly Fox is a monster for everything he has done with prospects and past years he has done all. Forget that. I'll give the commits my time.
thepostman, cruzan_flame13, Baybird and 3 others liked this
tyndal23 wrote: August 19th, 2020, 9:25 pm 247 got all caught up and we made a nice jump.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Footb ... mRankings/
Very nice. Liberty at #87. Last year we finished at #89. Some other interesting 2021 recruiting rankings as of today:

#34 Virginia
#38 Virginia Tech
#54 App. State
#85 Coastal Carolina
#87 Liberty
#90 East Carolina
#94 Army
#101 Old Dominion
#104 Charlotte
#110 UMass
#111 BYU
#113 Boise State
#118 James Madison
#119 Tulsa
Look out for Kylen Austin's commitment tonight at 7pm. He is the 157th best WR prospect in the 2021 class and is rated 3 stars by 247. 247 has given us their crystal ball pick. His final 3 were ECU, us and Virginia Tech.

He would become our highest rated recruit for the 2021 class so far.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 15th, 2020, 2:41 pm Look out for Kylen Austin's commitment tonight at 7pm. He is the 157th best WR prospect in the 2021 class and is rated 3 stars by 247. 247 has given us their crystal ball pick. His final 3 were ECU, us and Virginia Tech.

He would become our highest rated recruit for the 2021 class so far.
I'm sure you are dancing in you seat about now :lol: . This a good get; he will be a great addition to play action plays. Go Flames!!! :woohoo
By sstaedtler
Even with our latest WR recruit, we have dropped from 89 to 92 because of a long period of inactivity. Granted, with all that went on with Falwell, I am sure it didn't help. We have 4-5 WR this year already. I think we need to focus on the defensive side of the ball more, and also get a RB.
chris leedlelee liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would expect we are looking at one more ol and a rb and then rest will be on defense. The 2 wild cards are if they take a 2nd qb or they decide not to take a rb if both mack and Pickett elect to stay another year.

On defense, I think they def take another corner and de and probably another lb and a juco dt. Again if James or resins stays that may change.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am still not a buyer on Mack. He has a lot to prove. He follows his blockers extremely well, but just hasn't shown the speed and quick cutback ability of good backs.
Maybe he has been coached up and will be better this year. I do trust HF to put the best we have on the field. Hopefully he will show better than he did last year.
LUOrange liked this
By sstaedtler
flameshaw wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:17 am I am still not a buyer on Mack. He has a lot to prove. He follows his blockers extremely well, but just hasn't shown the speed and quick cutback ability of good backs.
Maybe he has been coached up and will be better this year. I do trust HF to put the best we have on the field. Hopefully he will show better than he did last year.
I am not a buyer on Mack either. He's not nearly as explosive as Hickson was. He's good running inside once he gets his momentum going, but running outside or swing passes to the outside, I don't see him as nearly as effective.
flameshaw liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]