Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just the first to fall. There will be more as the weeks progress as realities of COVID cases completely impact ability to compete.

Of all the teams in the nation, they were the most impacted by the P5s canceling games. So they were in a real pickle in trying to fill their schedule that the rest of the Indies didn't have to face.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok. Next question. When do we think LU will post their schedule? And our season tickets?
ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't think anything will be finalized until the end of August at the earliest.

Has Virginia changed their no event over 1,000 rule yet? If not, it'll be interesting to see how home games will look.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I don't think anything will be finalized until the end of August at the earliest.

Has Virginia changed their no event over 1,000 rule yet? If not, it'll be interesting to see how home games will look.
As of right now that is still the case.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont see anyone else doing this other than possibly nmsu. Its basically a punt that will cause them to have to go back to fcs i believe. It will be open season on their current roster and commits. The vast majority of kids want to play. Skipping the season (assuming other play) is a death wish for the program.

I actually think its a good thing for us because its going to have a lot of these g5 recruits really looking at what they are signing up for at some of these other programs that struggle with funding. If only we didnt have the jr nonsense we would be in a great position to capitalize.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:29 am UConn has cancelled their season
UCONN CANCELS 2020 FOOTBALL SEASON, LIBERTY OFFICIALLY LOSES 2ND GAME
Didn't we cancel a game with UVa to help UCONN out? That's a shame!
By Risewithus
TH Spangler wrote: August 5th, 2020, 1:18 pm Got a msg. Uconn canceled thier season?
Welp, guess the National championship is going to have to have an asterisk :dontgetit
By chris leedlelee
This could open the door to UVA reverting back to playing LU on the open UCONN date. This could be a blessing in disguise for Liberty. No reason with all of the COVID restrictions not to play an FBS school only but an hour away.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA has finally flexed their muscles. They have established a hotline to report COVID-19 violations. Also they were to issue results of yesterday's meeting on fall sports today. Instead they issued a bunch of guidelines to each Division, that will take months to figure out.
By sstaedtler
If we lose these games, here are some potential replacements...Of course, schedules could change and schools could have more open dates...

Sept 5th - Old Dominion, Appalachian State, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee, BYU
Sept 12th - Old Dominion, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Marshall, Charlotte, BYU
Oct 17th - James Madison?
Nov 7th - UCF
Nov 21st - Middle Tennessee, LA Tech, Georgia Southern, Troy, Louisiana
By cruzan_flame13
sstaedtler wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:59 pm If we lose these games, here are some potential replacements...Of course, schedules could change and schools could have more open dates...

Sept 5th - Old Dominion, Appalachian State, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee, BYU
Sept 12th - Old Dominion, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Marshall, Charlotte, BYU
Oct 17th - James Madison?
Nov 7th - UCF
Nov 21st - Middle Tennessee, LA Tech, Georgia Southern, Troy, Louisiana
What I wouldn't mind rescheduled for our season:

9/5: BYU
9/12: Marshall or East Carolina
11/21: Middle Tennessee
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:02 pm Cavs +1 probably ODU
Techs +1 probably us
As planned
Precisely what I've been saying - IF we ever have a season
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am sure UVA would rather play ODU than play Liberty. Heck, they would play Sweet Briar if SB had a team.
By sstaedtler
ACC full date schedule comes out tomorrow at 9AM. We should get clarity on our schedule soon.
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm I am sure UVA would rather play ODU than play Liberty. Heck, they would play Sweet Briar if SB had a team.
I'm sure the UVA Athletics Department views us and ODU the same- easy FBS wins. But for this year, it just makes sense for them to keep ODU. !. They're on the schedule. 2. It's a game in Norfolk. 3. It's another VA state school in these financially strapped times. 4. We're already scheduled to play Tech and possibly 2 other ACC schools.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Breaking updates!

LIBERTY TO KEEP ALL 3 ACC GAMES FOR 2020, VIRGINIA TECH GAME MOVED TO NOVEMBER

The ACC has announced the revised football schedules for the 2020 season and Liberty will keep the three ACC games on its schedule.

The Flames were originally scheduled to play Virginia Tech, Syracuse, and NC State before COVID-19 called the entire 2020 college football season into question. With the league’s announcement, Liberty will be the one non-conference opponent for the Hokies, Orange, and Wolfpack, all games played on the road.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I know some of you will hotly dispute this, but with the decision to allow 2 FCS wins to count toward bowl eligibility, I think we should look to schedule either JMU or Elon, who are both working to put together an indy schedule. it's a home game for us and a short trip for either of them.
flamehunter liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Here is the official release from the school

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 9&teamID=9
The Atlantic Coast Conference office announced its revised 2020 football schedules this morning, which included news Liberty maintained all three of its matchups against its previously scheduled ACC opponents.

The Flames will still travel to Syracuse on Oct. 17 and NC State on Nov. 21. Liberty's matchup against in-state foe Virginia Tech has been moved from Sept. 5 to Nov. 7, keeping in line with the ACC's newly announced protocols for the 2020 season.

On July 29, the ACC announced it would allow its conference members to play their first game of the season during the week of Sept. 7-12.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 6th, 2020, 9:18 am I know some of you will hotly dispute this, but with the decision to allow 2 FCS wins to count toward bowl eligibility, I think we should look to schedule either JMU or Elon, who are both working to put together an indy schedule. it's a home game for us and a short trip for either of them.
I completely agree that JMU should be on the schedule. Seems like a no brainer to me.
alabama24 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]