This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 4th, 2020, 8:42 pm:lol:
The response that a troll would post. I'd think that you were the man himself, but I believe thatJerry is so deluded at this point that he doesn't see anything wrong with his jr. high antics and wouldn't waste time posting under a pseudonym.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: August 4th, 2020, 10:50 am
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 4th, 2020, 9:23 am Some things to ponder –

Apparently this occurred on the boats owned by Rick Hendricks – wheels and wheels 1. So, LU pays big bucks to sponsor William Byron, and in return the family gets access to mega expensive yachts to hold some kind of bizarre party where the president ends up with his pants down. They also take the LU jets to get from Lynchburg

Do not forget the others in the video
Trey Falwell – LU executive, and according to some is running the show
Wesley Falwell. I believe he is still a department head in Facilities and on the LCA board of directors
Sam Stone – employee and Jr’s asst.
Kathleen Stone – Sam’s wife and apparently in the employ of Becki (which means she is probably on the LU payroll – that needs to be verified)
Caroline Falwell – still a student?
Are some of the others in the video students as well?

New Title IX rules go into effect for Universities on August 14th. I believe someone in a power position such as president pulling his pants down while hugging a employees wife (or maybe an employee) would be cause for an inquiry. Where is the HR department at LU? How many members of the current LU senior staff know what is going on and choose to enable this behavior and sweep incidents, that may be required to be reported, under the rug? For certain any other employee or student would be severely disciplined. If there was ever an investigation I would not want to be a VP or higher at LU.

As strange as it is to say, this goes far beyond Jr with his pants off. It is a total failure and corruption of the senior leadership and the board at LU.
I am 99% sure that K Stone is Becky's assistant, and as such, is being paid by the university. After thinking on this overnight, I am more troubled. I know this has been mentioned before, but the video that got the ECU president fired is much less offensive than the one that Jr. (or someone else in the group) posted. Shouldn't LU have a higher moral standard than a publik skool? I wish I could post that video here, but don't know how. It is very simple to Google.
I am honestly, extremely happy that I spent 3 years at LU back in the day. I am equally as happy, that my degree did not come from LU. This is beyond embarrassing.
Sincerely praying for Jr. and for the university. Poor judgement of this magnitude, should bring severe consequences. I was hoping, that the silence over the last couple of months, since the last debacle would continue, and things might have calmed down some. That doesn't seem to be the case. Very sad.
And yes, this was a celebration of his daughter getting engaged. Still no excuse for the very poor decision to post the video.
Finally, according to the website, Jonathon is still part of the Bored. But knowing the relationship between the two, doubt it will resolve anything. LU needs to return to it's roots IMHO.
Junior would do well to read about the last days of Richards Roberts at ORU. There are definitely some correlations...except LU is in good financial shape and doesn't need $90m from the Green family to stay afloat.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 4th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 4th, 2020, 5:07 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 4th, 2020, 4:52 pm

You conveniently left out right to life. :(
Because that's the one most Christians agree on. I have a different view than Jerry on how to best guarantee that life, but I am pro-life across all my politics.
In His Own Words: “Students aren’t required to be Christians or conservatives to attend here. But we attract a lot of Christian conservatives as students, just like Harvard attracts liberal students.”

“It surprises me when people call me an evangelical leader. I am president of the world’s largest Christian university, but I’m an administrator and an attorney.”

Let me ask you this, how did you like the way Nebraska and Youngstown State treated Ron Brown? The first amendment needs defending more than ever and school choice could turn the education system around in short order.

I'm not going to go around and around with you. We'll just have a agree to disagree :lol:
Making. Champions. For. Christ.
thepostman liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 4th, 2020, 8:34 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 4th, 2020, 8:22 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 4th, 2020, 12:04 pm After seeing the engagement pictures I think I figured it out. Future son in law got pranked and we got trolled by who ever posted it on facebook. :oops: A twofer :lol:
How did he get pranked? How does that prank end up with junior hugging a lady not his wife with his pants unbuttoned and his zipper down? It appears in your world Junior can do no wrong.
Just a guess on my part. I knew a guy that got advance notice a young man was coming to dinner and planned to ask permission to marry his daughter and his family pulled something similar. If you look at the video, someone clipped short snippets together, added a title and music. Now making its way to FB is another thing. But Jerry can be a bit of a troll :lol:
I thought you were kidding. I didn't know you were serious. :)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:39 am Just heard Juniors explanation and that he apologized. So I’m ok with that.
Do you need a lesson on how to copy and paste now too??

But honestly, it doesn't change much anymore. I said it earlier, but had this been a one off thing it wouldn't be a big deal. He'd apologize and I'd move on but it is habitual at this point and it is just time to move on from Jerry has the leader of this university.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:53 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:39 am Just heard Juniors explanation and that he apologized. So I’m ok with that.
Do you need a lesson on how to copy and paste now too??

But honestly, it doesn't change much anymore. I said it earlier, but had this been a one off thing it wouldn't be a big deal. He'd apologize and I'd move on but it is habitual at this point and it is just time to move on from Jerry has the leader of this university.
It was on WLNI this morning (Brian and Mari are back. Rich will be back next week with Dennis Carter!). They will drop the SoundCloud soon I’m sure. Or on FaceBook. I was just giving you a preview
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:12 am Apparently the LU sponsorship agreement with Hendricks included a clause allowing use of the yacht by the school. I am not sure the plan was for it to be a personal play toy for the family.

I don't know anything about an apology, but i hope it includes wasting university resources by flying the family down on LU planes, hijacking a $12M sponsorship agreement for personal use, maybe violating non-profit regulations, breaking most of the rules and guidelines everyone else at the school must follow, and embarrassing former and current students as well as the faculty and staff.

What people are missing is beyond his terrible behavior is he is using LU to foot the bill. I wonder how much each current student paid for this little adventure when you add it all up?
Here’s why I liked the apology. He apologized (said he did) to the lady in the photo. Said it was poor judgement to put her in that position etc. That was a pretty solid take.
As for his behavior....he didn’t really apologize but explain He did say he promised his boys he’d behave better. Whatever that means
Here’s why I liked the apology. He apologized (said he did) to the lady in the photo. Said it was poor judgement to put her in that position etc. That was a pretty solid take.
As for his behavior....he didn’t really apologize but explain He did say he promised his boys he’d behave better. Whatever that means
[/quote]

All I know is if any male on this message board pulled down his pants in front of one of our female employees, or any female not our wife for that matter, saying we were sorry for putting her in that position would not fly in Human Resources.
Last edited by Whatisthetruth on August 19th, 2020, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:55 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:41 am
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:12 am Apparently the LU sponsorship agreement with Hendricks included a clause allowing use of the yacht by the school. I am not sure the plan was for it to be a personal play toy for the family.

I don't know anything about an apology, but i hope it includes wasting university resources by flying the family down on LU planes, hijacking a $12M sponsorship agreement for personal use, maybe violating non-profit regulations, breaking most of the rules and guidelines everyone else at the school must follow, and embarrassing former and current students as well as the faculty and staff.

What people are missing is beyond his terrible behavior is he is using LU to foot the bill. I wonder how much each current student paid for this little adventure when you add it all up?
All I know is if any male on this message board pulled down his pants in front of one of our female employees, or any female not our wife for that matter, saying we were sorry for putting her in that position would not fly in Human Resources. But perhaps I am out of touch with the current state of society and let Jr slide because he is building us a first-class football team.
Good counterpoint.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I'd be removed from my position pretty quickly even if I apologized.

It is just is tiring at this point. I accept his apology but like I tell my children, just because you apologize doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

This is a pattern and I'm kind of over it at this point.
Purple Haize, rtb72, flameshaw and 2 others liked this
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 9:41 am Here’s why I liked the apology. He apologized (said he did) to the lady in the photo. Said it was poor judgement to put her in that position etc. That was a pretty solid take.
What this shows me is someone who does not have the judgment to fulfill all the roles needed in the president of a Christian university.

That doesn't mean he's a terrible person or anything like that, he's just not qualified to hold the role in all the areas needed.

Put him as the chairman of the board of advisors where he can still speak into administrative things and help lead those big decisions, but he should not be the public facing president of the university.
By rhezick

All I know is if any male on this message board pulled down his pants in front of one of our female employees, or any female not our wife for that matter, saying we were sorry for putting her in that position would not fly in Human Resources. But perhaps I am out of touch with the current state of society and let Jr slide because he is building us a first-class football team.
Yes, this right here! Why can't I pull down my pants and post a picture on this forum? Oh yea...because it's inappropriate and the behavior of a petulant child who has no accountability. Let's say you agree with everything Jerry does. Fine. But objectively how can anyone say that keeping the leadership of this university in the Falwell family is a good thing? When did this become a monarchy? Why is Trey the heir apparent? Honestly I wouldn't have such an issue if I knew the next President would be vetted and chosen by the board from a national search like...every other college. Not given to a child like an entitled trust fund being passed down generation to generation. I just don't understand the spineless board of trustees.
thepostman liked this
By rtb72

I'll give him credit for apologizing to the young lady....that did put her in a controversial situation (albeit...she's an adult too, sooo) Nevertheless, whether tongue-n-cheek or not....when a parent has to apologize to their kids and assure them they'll behave better??? That seems awfully sad to me.
Purple Haize, Just John liked this
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
HR will never even consider doing anything, Jr owns them. They already protect his people who have absolutely no business being employed at the school. This is all on the board, and unfortunately it appears he owns them too.

As much as he needs to go, I assume him and his family's interests and entanglements throughout the school are so complicated and deep that it would be almost impossible to just fire & replace him. It's going to take Jr making the decision to step down, and I don't see that ever happening unless the school starts losing money by the millions.
By rtb72

I think at this point...any recruits (especially young minorities) we attract to our basketball and football programs, are largely the result of our phenomenal coaches. I truly believe every kid we are trying to recruit knows all about Jerry Jr. and the controversial optics that attach to LU. Facilities and all the shiny stuff is attractive and helps, but I don't think that alone can overcome some of the perceptions attached to LU, thanks to Jr. Our coaches are the very best, and I think their ability to build relationships is where are recruiting survives and our programs thrive. The concern I have is....if Jr. stays, how much longer will they tolerate the obstacles his behavior throws in front of their efforts? They, nor any other coach, should have to recruit kids AND explain away the constant buffoonery of the president.
Just John liked this
What got overshadowed in this entire mess was the Slate article about that exact topic that came out on Sunday:

Liberty’s football team has indeed come a long way since its inaugural season in 1973, when the Flames lost their first game to Massanutten Military Academy by 10 points. Liberty now plays in the top division of college football, the Football Bowl Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-A, and earned its first bowl victory in December. But to get to where Falwell Jr. wants to be, the university needs the caliber of athletes—many of them Black, like Land and Clark—that he has increasingly alienated with his far-right activism.
https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/liber ... ports.html
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote: August 5th, 2020, 12:09 pm HR will never even consider doing anything, Jr owns them. They already protect his people who have absolutely no business being employed at the school. This is all on the board, and unfortunately it appears he owns them too.

As much as he needs to go, I assume him and his family's interests and entanglements throughout the school are so complicated and deep that it would be almost impossible to just fire & replace him. It's going to take Jr making the decision to step down, and I don't see that ever happening unless the school starts losing money by the millions.
Drain the swamp.
Just John liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]