Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

He's a 2-star WR that chose LU over Akron, Coastal Carolina, Kent State, UMass, South Alabama, & Navy. :shock: Yeah, it still feels good beating Coastal.

https://www.aseaofred.com/2021-wr-corey ... o-liberty/
chris leedlelee wrote: August 1st, 2020, 3:32 pm They really do so well with our football productions. Apon is a huge asset to our team in the day of social media.
It wasn't that long ago we had a pretty heated discussion about how poorly our video production compared to P5 schools, specifically Ole Miss. Not so much now.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 4:51 pm Is this this class that would officially make our roster full FBS or is it the class of '22?
I would say '22. We currently have either 6 or 7 redshirt juniors on the roster (not sure on the scholarship status of one) who were recruited before we knew we were moving to FBS.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Def one more class and maybe 2. That first class had some real studs like lemonier but also had quite a few defections early on. Think i count 6 that are gone already in what would have been their redhirt sophomore years. The juco guys def did their job in that class and lewis has been as advertised. Chibueze appears to be a bust so far. Guys like dupree frith henderson and the o lineman who have all been developing will be determine that class. Scruggs has been a stud from day 1 that didnt have a lot of offers.

Personally i think its 2 more years before we have a legit full fbs roster thats near our capabilities. Grad transfers help split that gap some. Im not saying 2 years is our peak but this class and next gets us to apples to apples against most g5 teams not named memphis cincy ucf app or boise.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Back on this years class. With roughly 10 spits remaining we saw a bunch of official offers to rbs today which means were def taking 1 maybe 2. Il be wrong but if i had 10 spots left id take about 6 more hs kids then use the last 4 on juco and gead transfers. Id want a hs rb and a juco or grad rb. Hs tight (raifsnider is my preference). Another hs guard, another wr best available, hs de, juco dt, hs cb with size and another juco or grad db thats versatile. Save the last spot for best available.

I dont see taking another qb but i know that list manson had said that for a while. Think they still want that general booty kid. Now if malik sucks and gets replaced then yeah maybe because that leaves us with jb brown and hampton plus walk ons. But if malik wins the job and is the guy for next 2 years we have 4 scholly qbs
Nahjee adams 3 star rb from pa set to announce his top schools at 6. Would expect ulm jmu and us to be sprinkled in with a few others. Could keep that pa connection going and at a huge area of need.
Thailand Baldwin commits to ball state. Not sure if true but we the blackface and clark/land situation impacted his recruitment. We were clear front runners at one point. We also could have backed off some since we already got several commitments from smaller dbs.
Da’Qon Stewart must be a Study smart student-athelete if he chose LU over that "college" in Morgantown.
Not sure how Stewart ended up being available at this late date, and he is going to have some ground to make up in learning the system (and probably conditioning as well) but based on his offer list, he should be talented enough to challenge for snaps this year.
A Sea of Red wrote: August 6th, 2020, 7:43 am I'm thinking this 2020 season could be for Stewart what the 2015-16 MBB season was for Myo.
I was thinking the same.

Speaking of Myo, can you imagine what a beast he could be as a TE or DE? it certainly looks like he has zero interest in playing football, but if I'm him, and I don't end up making some decent $$ hooping overseas, I would have to consider looking into it.
olldflame wrote: August 6th, 2020, 7:53 am
Speaking of Myo, can you imagine what a beast he could be as a TE?
The Old Men's Club has been saying that for YEARS! Olldflame, you should be old enough to join us. :oldhag :blahblah :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]