This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 11:58 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am
rhezick wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:31 am Who had "finding out what type of underwear Jerry Jr wears" on their bingo card for 2020? Yep, seems about right.
As a boxers guy myself i shake my head at the skinny jeans and nut huggers
ASOR Forums Admin wrote:Keep in mind, please be careful about posting racy photos on this forum.

Thank you.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
An interesting thread discussing how some students who have gotten in trouble may feel right about now...

I understand there is a different code of contact for faculty/staff but it is just an awful look.

But sadly, nothing surprises me anymore.
ATrain liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:58 pm
thepostman wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:54 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:42 pm Maybe some poor habits he picked up back around 1986'ish. :roll: Jonathan please have a chat with your brother. :lol:
What does 1986 have to do with Jerry or Jonathan Falwell??
Wahoo days :idea:
Hangin with Bruce Hornsby
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Doc's vision IS powerful, to change our culture. Jerry Jr finds HIMSELF positioned to see it to fruition. I know he loves his father Sr dearly. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if HE blew it. Satan targets men that God places in positions like Jerry's in. I haven't given up on him yet. But it's come to Jesus time if you ask me.
By LUAlum1215
To confirm, the female is Jr's assistant Sam Stone's wife. Jerry tagged her in the original Instagram post that was deleted shortly after being posted. Sam and his wife spend a good bit of time with the family on their property as well as on vacations.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am older than most here, but far from a prude and love to have fun. However, incredibly bad taste for the LU President. I have heard some good things here, regarding Trey's leadership and decision-making skills. Based on the video content, I call :BS .
Not funny and embarrassing. Didn't the president of ECU get fired for someone taking his picture in a bar with a female student? Not sure that is an apples to apples comparison, but equally poor taste to a casual observer.
Maybe we can use the skit to get us an invite into a distinguished sports conference somewhere. You know........................ "Who's president can have more fun"? Maybe it will save us millions of $ in a conference entry free. Just give every school a copy of the video instead. :shock: :football Play Basketball
Just John liked this
By LUAlum1215
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:08 pm Quick clarification. Whose yacht?
Hopfully no one from NASCAR.
So I've thought about this... does Hendrick like all the negative attention LU is getting, being the relationship between the two? I know LU renewed for 12 (?) races next season but I wonder how much longer RH wants to maintain that relationship. I guess as long as the checks keep cashing he can deal with a lot..
TH Spangler liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think every LU thing I own is getting packed up at this point. It's really just embarrassing from every aspect. Don't want people to know I'm associated with the place. Its being run by juvenile hacks. They're not losing a big donor or anything so no big deal for them, but it's just kinda sad for me.
LUAlum1215, Just John, adam42381 and 1 others liked this
By rtb72
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:41 pm Doc's vision IS powerful, to change our culture. Jerry Jr finds HIMSELF positioned to see it to fruition. I know he loves his father Sr dearly. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if HE blew it. Satan targets men that God places in positions like Jerry's in. I haven't given up on him yet. But it's come to Jesus time if you ask me.
He is not only dishonoring OUR university...but his father as well. He may have the greatest business mind ever to grace the mountain, but this comes no where near mitigating the damage he is doing. Sadly, there are only two fitting assertions in my mind. He is either completely ignorant and removed from the pejorative optics attaching to our school -or- he knows and just does not care. Sadly, I think it's the latter, but neither are acceptable. Regardless, both should catalyze his removal. What does it take? Serious question. Is there an action enshrined in the University by-laws for the removal of a despot?
thepostman, Just John liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
After thinking about this is the worst thing yet for several reasons

-it shows hes learned nothing or just doesnt care which is selfish at best and narcissist at worst.
-just terrible judgment to post it
-complete lack of decency from him and his family and close friends
-drinking and then lying about it...again
-and then to tap it off who makes a video like that especially in this climate. It just reeks of elitism.

Ive defended jr more than most but this and the club pics and decision making on the blackface tweet. Cmon, we literally have better representation from our football and basketball coach than our president. Thats hard to fathom.

Dissappointed is an understatement. Its time for Jonathan to do what nobody would wish on any man. Its time for him to confront him personally and then if he wont listen then take it to the board. If that doesnt work then at least hes done all he can.
thepostman, Just John liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 10:20 pm After thinking about this is the worst thing yet for several reasons

-it shows hes learned nothing or just doesnt care which is selfish at best and narcissist at worst.
-just terrible judgment to post it
-complete lack of decency from him and his family and close friends
-drinking and then lying about it...again
-and then to tap it off who makes a video like that especially in this climate. It just reeks of elitism.

Ive defended jr more than most but this and the club pics and decision making on the blackface tweet. Cmon, we literally have better representation from our football and basketball coach than our president. Thats hard to fathom.

Dissappointed is an understatement. Its time for Jonathan to do what nobody would wish on any man. Its time for him to confront him personally and then if he wont listen then take it to the board. If that doesnt work then at least hes done all he can.
I don't disagree but the fact that the brothers do not get along and barely have a relationship, I don't expect it to happen. Does Jonathon, as pastor of TRBC, even have standing any longer with the university with all of the changes that were made years ago? Jonathon is now chairman of the Rawlings Foundation which gave LU more than $100m not long before he became chairman. That's the only upper-hand he has had on Jr but I'm not sure even that amount of money matters.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:41 pm Doc's vision IS powerful, to change our culture. Jerry Jr finds HIMSELF positioned to see it to fruition. I know he loves his father Sr dearly. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if HE blew it. Satan targets men that God places in positions like Jerry's in. I haven't given up on him yet. But it's come to Jesus time if you ask me.
He may soon have a chance to see.

IMO, Jr. is doing nothing to change culture. Politics? Perhaps, but not lasting cultural change. If it's happening at LU it's in spite of him, not because of him.
TH Spangler liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:58 pm I am older than most here, but far from a prude and love to have fun. However, incredibly bad taste for the LU President. I have heard some good things here, regarding Trey's leadership and decision-making skills. Based on the video content, I call :BS .
Not funny and embarrassing. Didn't the president of ECU get fired for someone taking his picture in a bar with a female student? Not sure that is an apples to apples comparison, but equally poor taste to a casual observer.
Maybe we can use the skit to get us an invite into a distinguished sports conference somewhere. You know........................ "Who's president can have more fun"? Maybe it will save us millions of $ in a conference entry free. Just give every school a copy of the video instead. :shock: :football Play Basketball
The biggest mistake that guy did was trying to dance. ;) He was drinking and put his arm around a female, presumably a student. But, he did keep his pants zipped.
flameshaw liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]