Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:11 pm
LUOrange wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 3:19 pm On average, it costs $66,500 a year to attend UCLA and $75,000 to attend Stanford. PAC12 football players are getting that plus FCOA stipend. I'd say their getting paid plenty already.

Those kids need better advisors. They're all replaceable. There are plenty of kids that would love to take their place and be more appreciative of the opportunity.
An entitlement generation. They are ready to rule the world.
Ruling would take effort. They are ready for the World to be given to them
LUDad, rtb72 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, I'm older than I like to admit but God help me if I start talking about the youth the way some of you guys do. The over generalization here is mind boggling.

Regardless, I don't think anybody will be punished for sitting out this year. Even if you guys don't agree.
By LUDad
tyndal23 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 1:21 pm
LUOrange wrote: July 31st, 2020, 10:00 am
TexanMark wrote: July 31st, 2020, 9:32 am Liberty will have to adopt ACC Covid-19 protocols (or more stringent) to play ACC schools. I think that is what is holding this back.

It should not be a problem to enter NY. You can come in for 24 hours without a quarantine.
I don't think the ACC testing standards will be a problem for Liberty, nor do I think that is what is holding this up. I think it's simply the ACC schedule ,and for us, what are the MAC (Bowling Green), Sun Belt (ULM), and the Southern Conference (WCU) are all going to do.
Why would our other non ACC games be an issue - Syracuse is on the books with a firm date -ACC commish already said will integrate ACC schedule based on the plus 1 games. Rescheduling VT if they want us should be a simple move to week 2 For both of us and IF NC State wants us - the Already scheduled date shouldn’t be an issue.
As for NC State, they have lost Delaware and Mississippi State from their schedule and their game with Troy is away so I think their scheduled game at home with us is logical. State and WVU had a home and home deal. State traveled and lost but return game was postponed by hurricane. State would love to get that home game this year but I think WVU would resist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:23 pm Man, I'm older than I like to admit but God help me if I start talking about the youth the way some of you guys do. The over generalization here is mind boggling.

Regardless, I don't think anybody will be punished for sitting out this year. Even if you guys don't agree.
We’ve all been there. Ha
And I agree. If people want to sit out this year so be it. And if they want to play let them play
By cruzan_flame13
The youth is only following others who are promoting these ideologies. Not sure why we pretend like this is anything new in the history of mandkind (humankind for those non-patriachic supporters). They may not get in trouble in their conference but not everyone is supporting this idea in their conference. Not sure if other conferences will tag along either. What we are looking at are more examples of the decline of a civilization. In the words of G. Michael Hopf:

" Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times."
thepostman, LUOrange liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:45 pm In the words of G. Michael Hopf:

" Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times."
The whole thing is a circle, but not a real circle, more like a freaky circle.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 6:23 pm Man, I'm older than I like to admit but God help me if I start talking about the youth the way some of you guys do. The over generalization here is mind boggling.

To be fair, I'm 24 and I strongly, strongly despise my own generation :lol: . I could only imagine how the older folks feel about us. I just want college football season man... The hungry kids who really want to have their shot at the league (mostly Go5 guys) will be trying to play this year.
raven22a, LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Ed O’Bannon is 47 years old but sure, it’s this generation who is entitled. There are multiples generations of players who paved the way in the fight for compensation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 8:12 pm Ed O’Bannon is 47 years old but sure, it’s this generation who is entitled. There are multiples generations of players who paved the way in the fight for entitlement
FIFY
cruzan_flame13, TH Spangler, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It'll come back because now players can be paid for the use of their likeness.

If we don't get college football this season maybe we can get the return of college football video games! That would be fantastic but it is 2020 and we can't have nice things.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read today in USA Today that NCAA might cancel other fall sports, i.e. volleyball, soccer, field hockey and a couple other sports. If they do, P5 conferences might band together and play them anyway. NCAA refuses to show any leadership in football, yet it appears they may have no problem canning other sports with a blanket policy.

This may have been posted earlier on some other thread.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:03 pm I read today in USA Today that NCAA might cancel other fall sports, i.e. volleyball, soccer, field hockey and a couple other sports. If they do, P5 conferences might band together and play them anyway. NCAA refuses to show any leadership in football, yet it appears they may have no problem canning other sports with a blanket policy.

How do you propose the NCAA should show leadership in football? If you were in charge of the NCAA, what would you do?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 10:54 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:03 pm I read today in USA Today that NCAA might cancel other fall sports, i.e. volleyball, soccer, field hockey and a couple other sports. If they do, P5 conferences might band together and play them anyway. NCAA refuses to show any leadership in football, yet it appears they may have no problem canning other sports with a blanket policy.

How do you propose the NCAA should show leadership in football? If you were in charge of the NCAA, what would you do?
Don’t ask him for solutions. He’s only good at complaining and seeing things that favor his favorite schools
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts

All FBS conferences should be on the "same page". Study :football
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
The Sun Belt intends to play their full season.

SUN BELT TO ATTEMPT TO PLAY FULL SEASON

The Sun Belt officially announced on Tuesday their intent to begin the 2020 football season over Labor Day weekend with members playing an 8-conference game schedule with an option “for each member to add as many as four non-conference opponents, beginning with Week Zero.”

Liberty is scheduled to face one Sun Belt team in 2020, Louisiana-Monroe, on Oct. 10.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 4th, 2020, 9:59 am

All FBS conferences should be on the "same page". Study :football
Wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Each conference is on a different page. NCAA hasn't even opened the book yet. :football Study
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 4th, 2020, 12:22 pm Each conference is on a different page. NCAA hasn't even opened the book yet. :football Study
So you would agree then that Trump has really dropped the ball on the whole coronavirus thing then? Every state should be on the same page.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Head over to our home page to get a sneak peak of the new helmets with new face shields for the upcoming 2020 season. However that may look.

First look: Liberty players receive helmets with new face shields

Liberty football is preparing to start fall camp this weekend and the players are being welcomed back to their lockers with their helmet featuring an all new face shield.
By cruzan_flame13
Idk about those face shields. I hope I'm wrong but that looks like a minor nose injury waiting to happen.
By LUDad
Will it fogup under the right conditions or will it hinder breathing?
By LUOrange
I'm sure they're anti-fog shields. I think the guys will be fine. I'm anti=mask, because I think the orders are unconstitutional, stupid, and because I start getting sick after wearing the masks after a few minutes. So when I do have to wear a mask, I've found the face shields to be much better and easier to breath with.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]