This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:26 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:59 pm Bad location for an ABC store.
Why?
It is too close to Liberty University. (just my opinion)

It's like the deal in some venues where a strip club cannot be within a certain distance of a church or school. We do need morals in our communities.
So you feel it’s proximity violates a zoning issue?
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:45 pm
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm Are you of rhe opinion that this will bring an uptick in crime or something?

Most people who drink aren't raging alcoholics.
I think he believes that LU students do not drink already and will be filled with temptation from the "devil's nectures" :lol:
They aren't even shy about it anymore. Last time I was in Lynchburg I saw several people who I assumed were students (with LU hoodies on) buying beer after the football game at the Sheetz closest to campus. When i was a student the students would at least not wear any LU gear. They are so bold now. :lol:
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:57 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Why?
It is too close to Liberty University. (just my opinion)

It's like the deal in some venues where a strip club cannot be within a certain distance of a church or school. We do need morals in our communities.
So you feel it’s proximity violates a zoning issue?
Only for the holy roller fundamentalist zoning official known as ballcoach.
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 5:29 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:45 pm
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm Are you of rhe opinion that this will bring an uptick in crime or something?

Most people who drink aren't raging alcoholics.
I think he believes that LU students do not drink already and will be filled with temptation from the "devil's nectures" :lol:
They aren't even shy about it anymore. Last time I was in Lynchburg I saw several people who I assumed were students (with LU hoodies on) buying beer after the football game at the Sheetz closest to campus. When i was a student the students would at least not wear any LU gear. They are so bold now. :lol:
Dang - that is bold. I agree that when we were students, most would at least take the LU gear off - except the ones who were dumb enough to also post pictures of them drinking on Facebook or Myspace, then complain when they got caught. Times have indeed changed.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]