Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 28th, 2020, 7:03 am
rogers3 wrote: June 27th, 2020, 9:07 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 27th, 2020, 8:13 pm Christians should be involved in domestic politics. Foriegn money should not. Our mainstream media, university system and our domestic policies have been on the auction block for several years. And our adversaries are taking advantage. You are starting to see its affect.
First of all, spelling "foreign" correctly would make you look a bit more intelligent. Secondly, I'd love a scriptural foundation for your statement. I do believe Christians should be involved in our government, but I don't think politics was mentioned in theology. Local politics... Maybe... National politics requires one to sell their soul.
Please explain how you participate in government without being involved in politics? But my main point is that foreign money is behind a lot of what's going on in the streets today. There's a big push for a new/one world government and Trump was a setback. But ... if I'm interpreting scripture correctly, it's only been slowed down ..... it's coming.
Well, my challenged friends, it is called service. Appointed boards are quite numerous and are often lacking in volunteers to help out. Also, I did make it clear that I was referring to national politics rather than local government. It is just more fun to sit back in an easy chair and gripe than it is to attend local government meetings where you can really impact change and develop an attitude of service. PM me if you want more suggestions.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 7:38 am
rogers3 wrote: June 27th, 2020, 9:07 pm

First of all, spelling "foreign" correctly would make you look a bit more intelligent. Secondly, I'd love a scriptural foundation for your statement. I do believe Christians should be involved in our government, but I don't think politics was mentioned in theology. Local politics... Maybe... National politics requires one to sell their soul.
Please explain how you participate in government without being involved in politics? But my main point is that foreign money is behind a lot of what's going on in the streets today. There's a big push for a new/one world government and Trump was a setback. But ... if I'm interpreting scripture correctly, it's only been slowed down ..... it's coming.
Well, my challenged friends, it is called service. Appointed boards are quite numerous and are often lacking in volunteers to help out. Also, I did make it clear that I was referring to national politics rather than local government. It is just more fun to sit back in an easy chair and gripe than it is to attend local government meetings where you can really impact change and develop an attitude of service. PM me if you want more suggestions.
If I PM you will you introduce yourself by your real name, first and last? As often as I disagree with Jonathan Carone I have "much" respect for him for using his real name.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Debating with someone who is obsessed with "end times" events is a futile effort.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 28th, 2020, 9:04 am
rogers3 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 7:38 am

If I PM you will you introduce yourself by your real name, first and last? As often as I disagree with Jonathan Carone I have "much" respect for him for using his real name.
You already have half of it, but of course, I'll divulge the rest. I'm sure we have quite a few common friends.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: June 30th, 2020, 12:20 pm Dontae Duff

This is the overwhelming sentiment of the greater majority of student athletes.
This ole guy looks up to Liberty student athletes. A special bunch :football Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Tayvion "lands" at Norfolk State.

I give him credit that choosing a HBCU is consistent with his stated reasons for leaving Liberty. Close to home, and he will probably be their best player. Maybe not the best situation for his pro aspirations, but if he excells, he will get looks.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With all due respect to Mr. Land, why would a 4-star athlete choose an FCS team? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:06 am With all due respect to Mr. Land, why would a 4-star athlete choose an FCS team? :dontgetit
It's his home town.
It is a HBCU, which should provide him with the "cultural support" he says was lacking at Liberty.
He won't need to bother with applying for an exemption (which he would almost certainly get) to play immediately.
He will be a "big fish in a small pond". Probably their best player.
Pretty sure Notre Dame turned him down.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I will be surprised if Clark goes this route. Forget the HS star rankings. He is a better player than Land, and will probably get P5 offers and take one of them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Olldflame, those are all good points about Land. Thanks for sharing! :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some decisions some players made pertaining to selecting a school, can befuddle even the smartest observers.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 10:49 am Some decisions some players made pertaining to selecting a school, can befuddle even the smartest observers.
Even smart people occasionally need "coaching up".
alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Obviously a step up in Team and Conference But the WVU defense isn’t great and they are having “issues” similar to what he said LU had
By LUOrange
He was most likely being recruited. It'll probably work out for him to sit out this scamdemic influenced season and play next year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That's the Tale of Two DBs--one to Norfolk State and one to WVU. :shock:

Study vs. :pbjtime
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:24 am That's the Tale of Two DBs--one to Norfolk State and one to WVU. :shock:

Study vs. :pbjtime
None went the JUCO route to Marshall
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:38 am
No JUCOs in FBS, but that was a good joke in the 1980s when the Herd was winning I-AA National Championships. I forget--which team in WV went to a BOWL GAME last year? I think it was the one from Huntington.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:38 am
No JUCOs in FBS, but that was a good joke in the 1980s when the Herd was winning I-AA National Championships. I forget--which team in WV went to a BOWL GAME last year? I think it was the one from Huntington.
I get it. Dwell in the past with a division that no longer exists and a one year blip on the radar. I’m glad you can enjoy your small victories. None against the Varsity team in Morgantown though. :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:53 pm None against the Varsity team in Morgantown though. :D
Your new coach is afraid to schedule Marshall. :brownbag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:53 pm None against the Varsity team in Morgantown though. :D
Your new coach is afraid to schedule Marshall. :brownbag
That’s like saying LU is afraid to schedule VUL. :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]