If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:52 pm
JK37 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 5:19 pm Quarantined inside with no live sports?! There aren’t enough good movies on Hulu and Netflix to get me through this.
Great time for all those “Free 7 Day Trials” most apps have
Delta is giving me two weeks of Disney+
By LUDad
oldflame wrote: March 14th, 2020, 8:28 am Probably just as well they didn't do it, but as far as the teams that would have been "slapped in the face" by being left out is concerned, let's not forget that the tournament has not always been 68 teams (or even 64). During the UCLA dynasty, when they won 10 championships in 12 years, the largest field they faced was 25 teams, and several of those years they had a first round bye and only needed to win 4 games to be crowned champions. There were REALLY GOOD teams that didn't get in. Remember when the ACC tournament was for all the marbles and only one team got an NCAA bid, even though some years they had multiple teams ranked in the top 10?
Was given two tickets to '74 ACC finals in Greensboro. Took my future wife and saw one of the greatest & most intense games ever played. Shame either team had to lose. Really liked Lefty when he was at Davison. Would sleep in his station wagon on recruiting trips because of budget.
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 7:10 pm Before I resort to watching movies, I will go to softball stadium, and sit and cry.
One of my favorite baseball movies of all time is A League of Their Own, and it was on TV twice yesterday. Ballcoach, have you seen that one? About about WWII-era ladies playing in a professional women's baseball league when the men were at war.
Cider Jim wrote: March 15th, 2020, 1:50 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 7:10 pm Before I resort to watching movies, I will go to softball stadium, and sit and cry.
One of my favorite baseball movies of all time is A League of Their Own, and it was on TV twice yesterday. Ballcoach, have you seen that one? About about WWII-era ladies playing in a professional women's baseball league when the men were at war.
Really? Can’t compete with the holy trinity of baseball movies:

The Natural
Major League
Bull Durham

Honorable Mention
Eight Men Out
Field of Dreams
Purple, my recommendation was based on Ballcoach's preference for women's softball OVER men's baseball. You may enjoy watching Redford, Charlie Sheen, and Costner, but I think Ballcoach would rather see Geena Davis and Madonna.

Jonathan Carone wrote: March 15th, 2020, 7:40 pm That scene is great. But the entire Field of Dreams movie is great, not just a scene.
Which is why I give it Honorable Mention status.
The co stars are excellent. Burt Lancaster. James Earl Jones. Ray Liotta. But to be honest I could never get over the phrase “have a catch”. But it’s a good movie. Just not the level of The Natural. Robert Redford. Kim Basinger Robert Duvall. Greatness.
Has anyone seen the Simulation Sunday thread?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... HorbkHh00I

Spoiler alert: Dayton wins the national championship! (somebody needs to do one of these for NCAA softball so ballcoach will have something to read).
I saw one, (I believe was in USA Today). Some guy picked the 68 teams, and the scores for every game. I believe he had LU playing Maryland and losing 88-85. These things are impossible to do, because upsets do happen, at all stages of post season. No one even knows who the 68 teams would have been. All is known is there were 12 teams who had punched their ticket.

It would be basically impossible to do one for softball, for same reasons listed above. But I did like LU's chances to win ASUN and go to NCAA Regional. The team was improving week by week. Playing that tough schedule vs ranked teams was a blessing, in my opinion. We hung with the best teams in the nation, and beat up on most of the others we played.
But it’s not just fatality rate we’re concerned with. Hasn’t the reason for lockdowns since the beginning been making sure the hospitals weren’t overwhelmed? That’s the number we need to be tracking alongside fatality rate. Just because someone doesn’t die doesn’t mean this virus isn’t causing serious hospital stays with potential lifelong damage.

Edit - I think local lockdowns are better than statewide ones. I can get behind not doing statewide shutdowns anymore.
ATrain liked this
LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]