Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I’ll take “Extreme hypotheticals” for 200.

In addition, does Calvary Chapel have nothing else to do but scream about the end of the world constantly? Fortunately, they've managed to not proclaim an official date for this to happen... yet.
CCWMichael liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:07 pm I’ll take “Extreme hypotheticals” for 200.

In addition, does Calvary Chapel have nothing else to do but scream about the end of the world constantly? Fortunately, they've managed to not proclaim an official date for this to happen... yet.
Prophecy, current news updates are once a week. Regular services are streamed as well. They are excellent. Pretty amazing that close to a 1/4 million people view the updates.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: Pretty amazing that close to a 1/4 million people view the updates.
I could think of more productive ways to waste my time.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:17 pm
TH Spangler wrote: Pretty amazing that close to a 1/4 million people view the updates.
Jonathan Carone has bought into and preaches #27 from the list JD reads in the video above :cry:

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:[quote=jbock13 post_id=603323 time=<a href="tel:1593814627" data-original-title="" title="">1593814627</a> user_id=1826]
Jonathan Carone has bought into and preaches #27 from the list JD reads in the video above :cry:

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion.[/quote]

Although I think Jon often gives the left too much credit, his desire to come in contact and impact the lives of the unchurched have done far more for people than constantly screaming about the end of the world.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
Although I think Jon often gives the left too much credit, his desire to come in contact and impact the lives of the unchurched have done far more for people than constantly screaming about the end of the world.
Heres another one, but this ones not JC. "Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:32 pm And you get on me for doing ballcoach's work for him...
Well I actually call for him to specifically do the work. Yours was a generic request. You know what they say about people who give commands. Clear Specific Concise. Obviously they teach you that in Space Force
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 6th, 2020, 8:07 pm You're speaking Army talk. Get out of here with that.
I prefer Improvise Adapt and Overcome
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: July 6th, 2020, 6:25 pm
Heres another one, but this ones not JC. "Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” :lol:
Are you seriously attacking the premises that Jesus actually taught in favor of constantly looking for his return?

He already came down for me once. It's my turn to let my faith bear fruit in pursuit of an impossible goal of being like him.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 9th, 2020, 10:02 am
TH Spangler wrote: July 6th, 2020, 6:25 pm
Are you seriously attacking the premises that Jesus actually taught in favor of constantly looking for his return?
Not saying that. Saying no one should become so intellectual he or she can't believe everything in scripture.

Sounds like you're ready, good, certain things will happen rapidly one day.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH - are you advocating we diminish support for Israel by removing all troops and assets in the region?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 16th, 2020, 10:48 am For those like myself that like watching news headlines and studying bible prophecy it's been an interesting week.

https://m.jpost.com/arab-israeli-confli ... 638821/amp

Everyone but Turkey and Iran lining up with Israel and the west. Of course Russia is still lined up with those two.

We no longer need ME oil. No need for thousands of US troops there.
Do we have 1000’s of troops in Israel?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 16th, 2020, 12:07 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 16th, 2020, 10:48 am For those like myself that like watching news headlines and studying bible prophecy it's been an interesting week.

https://m.jpost.com/arab-israeli-confli ... 638821/amp

Everyone but Turkey and Iran lining up with Israel and the west. Of course Russia is still lined up with those two.

We no longer need ME oil. No need for thousands of US troops there.
Do we have 1000’s of troops in Israel?
1000's positioned in the ME, to protect oil supplying countries and trading routes. Oil we no longer need. Oil that's always been traded in dollars.

Israel now has access to a huge supply of oil under the golan heights. That does not set will with Russia who wants Europe to depend on them and countries Russia is very friendly with for EU oil supply. They want as much control of price as possible. Oil is all that keeps Russia going.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]