Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The SEC needs to hold its ground and keep BLOCKING that request. :nono :pray :nonono
By chris leedlelee
Class of 20Something wrote: February 17th, 2020, 6:43 pm Let's be real. He was most likely offered the Arkansas job and he's still here. I'm not worried.
Anything but a premiere SEC head coaching position will not be enough to sway him, at least for the time being.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 17th, 2020, 7:27 pm It is Alabama and Nick Saban though. For what it is worth, there is no talk about Sark leaving at this time for Colorado.
Here’s where I see the calculus :
It’s all about the next job So will being the OC at Bama lead to a better job than being a “successful” HC at LU?
Since he’s already a known quantity I don’t think it does. Kiffin made a move to HC before landing in the SEC. Sark has already shown success but had off field issues.
While I’m not saying LU HC is equal in stature to Bama OC, in this situation I don’t see how that moves helps Freeze
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: February 17th, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 17th, 2020, 7:27 pm It is Alabama and Nick Saban though. For what it is worth, there is no talk about Sark leaving at this time for Colorado.
Here’s where I see the calculus :
It’s all about the next job So will being the OC at Bama lead to a better job than being a “successful” HC at LU?
Since he’s already a known quantity I don’t think it does. Kiffin made a move to HC before landing in the SEC. Sark has already shown success but had off field issues.
While I’m not saying LU HC is equal in stature to Bama OC, in this situation I don’t see how that moves helps Freeze
Considering being a coordinator for Alabama has proven to be one of the quickest paths to getting a HC job at almost any p5 vacancy. I'm not sure that I agree. No matter what Alabama will win 10+ games and schools will come calling but at liberty HF will need to win 8+ to really get attention and that's more risky than the bama path.
By tyndal23
I agree with both of you ( he is already a known commodity in SEC but also slightly riskier to win at LU for resume ) but a 3rd factor is the personal integrity rep ( which HF is currently rapidly rebuilding ) - he would get labeled as another Petrino if he jumped this time of year. If he or his family hate it here - then ok - but if I was his agent I would tell him to stick it out at least another year. Plus I believe that he really does prefer to be HC and would only have taken an OC job if no decent HC jobs were available ( and LU was only offer and it was decent enough ). I don’t see him taking a coordinator position ever again -he is Type A to the max, plus I think he and his family really like it so far. Praying this post ages really well...
By Class of 20Something
What is High Freeze's goal at this point in his life?

If his goal hinges on the prestige of an elite SEC head coaching job, then he will leave us within another year.

If his goal is the greatest challenge professionally without being in an environment that would push him to compromise his morals or faith, he's here until he isn't a good coach anymore.
LUDad liked this
By chris leedlelee
tyndal23 wrote: February 17th, 2020, 10:00 pm I don’t see him taking a coordinator position ever again -he is Type A to the max, plus I think he and his family really like it so far. Praying this post ages really well...
Hugh Freeze is most definitely trying to follow the Lane Kiffin model as his route to a top head coaching position in the SEC. FAU was a placeholder for Kiffin until a job opened up that interested him enough. On top of that, I think it is pretty clear that Hugh Freeze likes the environment of LU far more than Lane Kiffin liked FAU. Hugh Freeze also has family ties here at LU, which will also work to keep him here. Even with all of those factors, Lane Kiffin stayed at FAU for three years. Freeze has only been here for one year, I don't think we are going to have to be concerned for a bit. I see at least one full Hugh Freeze team being built here (4 years).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: February 18th, 2020, 11:32 am
tyndal23 wrote: February 17th, 2020, 10:00 pm I don’t see him taking a coordinator position ever again -he is Type A to the max, plus I think he and his family really like it so far. Praying this post ages really well...
Hugh Freeze is most definitely trying to follow the Lane Kiffin model as his route to a top head coaching position in the SEC. FAU was a placeholder for Kiffin until a job opened up that interested him enough. On top of that, I think it is pretty clear that Hugh Freeze likes the environment of LU far more than Lane Kiffin liked FAU. Hugh Freeze also has family ties here at LU, which will also work to keep him here. Even with all of those factors, Lane Kiffin stayed at FAU for three years. Freeze has only been here for one year, I don't think we are going to have to be concerned for a bit. I see at least one full Hugh Freeze team being built here (4 years).
Kiffin needed to prove he could be a head coach. Freeze does not. That’s why I can’t see him going an OC route from LU
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Does coach HF need a good assistant head coach? Harbaugh might be available soon.

“Now, Harbaugh is certainly allowed to take that stance on abortion. It’s his right to do so. However hearing those comments from him, a college football head coach at one of the most storied programs in the sport’s history, is truly stunning.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-coach ... 25390.html
By Ill flame
TH Spangler wrote: April 12th, 2020, 1:03 pm Does coach HF need a good assistant head coach? Harbaugh might be available soon.

“Now, Harbaugh is certainly allowed to take that stance on abortion. It’s his right to do so. However hearing those comments from him, a college football head coach at one of the most storied programs in the sport’s history, is truly stunning.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-coach ... 25390.html
I'm sure there are big donors that want his head on a pike now. I'll be suprised if he keeps his job after losing to Ohio St again next season despite his good record there.
TH Spangler liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw on Facebook that Coach Freeze is ranked 47th best Coach, and 3rd best non P5 coach.
Haven't had time to read article yet, but I am looking for about 43 of those coaches. Everyone but Saban, Sweeney and Coach O at LSU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 29th, 2020, 7:05 pm
thepostman wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:21 pm For the copy and paste impaired

https://www.aseaofred.com/hugh-freeze-r ... -football/
Pushing for the rank of Enabler First Class there aren’t ya?
Senior Enabler actually.
Does that out rank Master Enabler? I think Cider has that down
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]