This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

TH Spangler wrote: May 14th, 2020, 4:09 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 19th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 19th, 2020, 10:27 pm Not if you have a responsibility to the public at large to protect and serve them.
I’m not saying you’re wrong to a point. The problem this type of story runs in to is now Republicans are going to look into Democrats and catch a few of them as well. Then thee situation will just return to “normal “. The Loeffler (sp) looks a little more suspect. However, given who her husband is the same economic principle I apply to Burr work here.
They do not have an obligation to quit making money. Although I was a fan of blind trusts or Hans off finances for Congress. Definitely insider trading penalties
Dianne Feinstein and couple more are probably sweating right now. Looks like they're investigating insider trading violations by at least one senator.
You mean like this guy?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-se ... eport-says
adam42381 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 7:32 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 19th, 2020, 11:16 pm

I’m not saying you’re wrong to a point. The problem this type of story runs in to is now Republicans are going to look into Democrats and catch a few of them as well. Then thee situation will just return to “normal “. The Loeffler (sp) looks a little more suspect. However, given who her husband is the same economic principle I apply to Burr work here.
They do not have an obligation to quit making money. Although I was a fan of blind trusts or Hans off finances for Congress. Definitely insider trading penalties
Dianne Feinstein and couple more are probably sweating right now. Looks like they're investigating insider trading violations by at least one senator.
You mean like this guy?

That's right. DF did the same thing. She's gotten a little better at it than RB. Same insider info passed along.
TH Spangler wrote: May 14th, 2020, 10:01 am
adam42381 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 7:32 am

You mean like this guy?

That's right. DF did the same thing. She's gotten a little better at it than RB. Same insider info passed along.
I was more pointing out the fact that you mentioned the Democrat (Feinstein) by name while not mentioning the Republican (Burr) at all.
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:42 pm I love my gym because it’s almost personal training. The guys who run it have taught me better form at any other place I’ve been and they have been able to help me through the nagging injuries that come from being overweight. I went from never deadlifting before to getting up 500 pounds in about 12 weeks.
I haven't even read through the whole thread, but man John, just think if you had been doing that in college you might have been on the field instead of cheering on the sidelines!
rogers3 wrote: May 16th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:42 pm I love my gym because it’s almost personal training. The guys who run it have taught me better form at any other place I’ve been and they have been able to help me through the nagging injuries that come from being overweight. I went from never deadlifting before to getting up 500 pounds in about 12 weeks.
I haven't even read through the whole thread, but man John, just think if you had been doing that in college you might have been on the field instead of cheering on the sidelines!
One of my biggest regrets in life is working two floors above Bill Gillespie for two years and never getting the nerve to ask him to teach me how to work out.

Also - one of my favorite memories was going into training camp one year when we had a few defensive linemen injured and Rocco/Wilt spent two days joking with me anytime they saw me saying I was gonna need to suit up for practice.
Very early on in the testing phase and a small sample size but it appears we may on the right track

Coronavirus Vaccine Trial by Moderna Shows Promising Early Results

New York Times wrote:The findings are based on results from the first eight people who each received two doses of the vaccine, starting in March.

Those people, healthy volunteers, made antibodies that were then tested in human cells in the lab, and were able to stop the virus from replicating — the key requirement for an effective vaccine. The levels of those so-called neutralizing antibodies matched the levels found in patients who had recovered after contracting the virus in the community.

The company has said that it is proceeding on an accelerated timetable, with the second phase involving 600 people to begin soon, and a third phase to begin in July involving thousands of healthy people. The Food and Drug Administration gave Moderna the go-ahead for the second phase earlier this month.
one of the positives in all of this has been finding the time to set up our will and trust as well as rearranging a few of my retirement accounts into a sole location. We have also consolidated some CC's that aren't used.
SumItUp, JK37 liked this
all of the local, county, and state police are basically in open defiance of the governors orders So people are out like its normal. some places require facemasks. the only issue is that many places like daycares receive state certificates so they will not reopen in fear of those certificates being forfeit, which likely could be fought in court but i'm sure that doesn't sound fun.
I am kind of tired of the discussions going on all over the internet and TV about this. I have my thoughts but no longer see the point in discussing. I will say this, I can't think of a worse time for something like this to happen than in a presidential election year. Everybody is being so irrational in order to make their favorite politicians or political party look better. It is tiring to listen to and read.
there is just some point i think most sane people have where you can't take anymore doom and can't possibly listen to anymore about how every move a politician makes is some veiled attempt at election positioning. most are just done. let us get back to work, get back to some level of normalcy.
Oh it’s about to get interesting. The numbers are down but NOW he’s going to put this policy in place? When asked about enforcing it he said it was a Class 1 Misdemeanor but didn’t want it to be prosecuted as such. He further stated that the VDH would be charged with enforcing this but could cite no statute that gave VDH the power to do so. Or how exactly they’d go about it.

https://wset.com/news/coronavirus/ahead ... over-39000
Knox County has required people to wear a mask while indoors - even while working out - for a few weeks. Hasn't been that big of a deal.

Making people wear them outdoors is a bit silly, but indoors I get it, at least through an initial reopening phase.
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 26th, 2020, 6:18 pm What would your response be if a business owner didn’t let you into their establishment if you weren’t wearing a mask?
I’m totally fine with a business putting up their guidelines. My barber shop had people wear masks and even though I have my own thoughts I wanted a hair cut there so I wore one. But that’s a big difference than the Governor mandating it
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]