Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thx for putting all this stuff out Jon- really appreciate the hard work.

Can’t believe Rusins is still here. Feels like year 7 for that guy.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
PAmedic wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 10:54 am Thx for putting all this stuff out Jon- really appreciate the hard work.

Can’t believe Rusins is still here. Feels like year 7 for that guy.
Thank you!

Rusins is a beast. Came out of nowhere and now he's too good to take off the field.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
No one knows what the season will look like, but one possibility I have seen from a couple of writers is a shortened season where only conference games are played. This poses a problem for Liberty being independent with no conference games. The only other Indy teams on our schedule this year are UCONN and UMASS. We could add games with BYU, NM State, And Army to get us to five games. Assuming most conferences play an eight game schedule that would leave three games for us to fill. Maybe another in season home and home with NM State? BYU? Army? Could be a positive possibility. Could we even score the holy grail...Notre Dame?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:11 pm No one knows what the season will look like, but one possibility I have seen from a couple of writers is a shortened season where only conference games are played. This poses a problem for Liberty being independent with no conference games. The only other Indy teams on our schedule this year are UCONN and UMASS. We could add games with BYU, NM State, And Army to get us to five games. Assuming most conferences play an eight game schedule that would leave three games for us to fill. Maybe another in season home and home with NM State? BYU? Army? Could be a positive possibility. Could we even score the holy grail...Notre Dame?
ND has the Conference alignment agreement with the ACC. No way they are going to let go of that cash cow
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:[quote=LUGrad2000 post_id=598850 time=<a href="tel:1586203901" data-original-title="" title="">1586203901</a> user_id=1053]
No one knows what the season will look like, but one possibility I have seen from a couple of writers is a shortened season where only conference games are played. This poses a problem for Liberty being independent with no conference games. The only other Indy teams on our schedule this year are UCONN and UMASS. We could add games with BYU, NM State, And Army to get us to five games. Assuming most conferences play an eight game schedule that would leave three games for us to fill. Maybe another in season home and home with NM State? BYU? Army? Could be a positive possibility. Could we even score the holy grail...Notre Dame?
ND has the Conference alignment agreement with the ACC. No way they are going to let go of that cash cow[/quote]
Yes, but what if because their games don’t count in the standings they lose them this year. Not even remotely likely, but the Masters is being played in November.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote:[quote=LUGrad2000 post_id=598850 time=<a href="tel:1586203901" data-original-title="" title="">1586203901</a> user_id=1053]
ND has the Conference alignment agreement with the ACC. No way they are going to let go of that cash cow
Yes, but what if because their games don’t count in the standings they lose them this year. Not even remotely likely, but the Masters is being played in November.
[/quote]

“Today the Commissioner of the ACC John Swafford and Notre Dame Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick announced that for the 2020 Season the ACC and The University of Notre Dame have announced that due to the incredible circumstances over these last few months all football games between Notre Dame and ACC schools will count towards ACC standings. Details about how this affects the Coastal and Atlantic division championships are laid out in the packets we are passing out now....”
Problem solved
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ACC games vs Notre Dame should not count in ACC standings. I have never been a fan of any ACC team playing ND. Counting these games in standings creates an unbalanced schedule.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: April 6th, 2020, 9:23 pm
LUGrad2000 wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:31 pm
“Today the Commissioner of the ACC John Swafford and Notre Dame Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick announced that for the 2020 Season the ACC and The University of Notre Dame have announced that due to the incredible circumstances over these last few months all football games between Notre Dame and ACC schools will count towards ACC standings. Details about how this affects the Coastal and Atlantic division championships are laid out in the packets we are passing out now....”
Problem solved
[/quote]

Sounds like serious plans for a shortened season with conference games only - if so ND will have to schedule 2 possibly 3 Independents and yes the rest of independents will need to schedule a couple of home and home series for 2020. NMSU and BYU makes sense for proximity. A lot of wheeling a dealing is probably happening right now just as a backup in case this really happens. ND will get away with hosting their 2 or 3 Indy opponents. It may be a situation where ND actually picks up additional / all ACC games instead of Independents filling in 2-3 games but they may not want to do that if they can’t win the conference. Some conferences play 9 some play 8 - will be interesting to see how they handle that.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:ACC games vs Notre Dame should not count in ACC standings. I have never been a fan of any ACC team playing ND. Counting these games in standings creates an unbalanced schedule.
They don’t. But, don’t let facts get in the way of your opinions.
By tyndal23
I predict a major showdown between NCAA and a state governor or more - CA,NY, IL - on consensus of athletes returning. Example NCAA stating - July 1 with extended fall camp parameters ( x amount of additional practices in shorts - x amount of conditioning only days etc.) - and this whole thing being a major $&#@ show. Lawsuits etc. Early to speculate - I just don’t see a nationwide consensus happening with all the politics involved. I predict the PAC 12 to be the major cog.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sometimes I wish NCAA had a commissioner with full power, to run the show, without the 5 major conferences and the Notre Dame Athletic Director, having any say in how things are done.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 4:26 pm Sometimes I wish NCAA had a commissioner with full power, to run the show, without the 5 major conferences and the Notre Dame Athletic Director, having any say in how things are done.
Sure, why not? It's working out great in North Korea, right?
Purple Haize liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]