Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Last fall semester, 18,000 college students took the online Jeopardy test; 250 of those students had in-person auditions; and finally only 15 students were chosen--which includes LU's varsity quizbowler Natalie Hathcote, who will be playing on College Jeopardy in early February! Study
Liberty's Quiz Bowl teams scored 9 wins at the ACF Regionals at UNC on Saturday!

LU varsity over Duke, 170-135
LU varsity over UNC, 170-155
LU varsity over LU jv, 170-90
LU varsity over NC State, 155-145
LU varsity over VCU, 140-105

LU novice over NC State, 225-80
LU novice over UNC, 165-130
LU novice over LU jv, 145-25
LU novice over LU varsity, 145-130
Purple Haize wrote: January 26th, 2020, 8:24 pm Your novice beat your varsity? Unacceptable
Three of my novice players have an average 35 1/2 ACT, and they will be on my varsity team next year! Study Study Study
Cider Jim wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:18 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 26th, 2020, 8:24 pm Your novice beat your varsity? Unacceptable
Three of my novice players have an average 35 1/2 ACT, and they will be on my varsity team next year! Study Study Study
Poor coaching. If they are that good they should be on Varsity now. You need to watch the Transfer Portal! :D
ballcoach15 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Poor coaching. If they are that good they should be on Varsity now. You need to watch the Transfer Portal! :D
Poor coaching?
Or brilliant redshirt strategery?

I actually had to Google this because when I applied for college back in the 70s I took the SAT, so I didn't realize that a perfect score on the ACT is 36. Them's some smart Novices you got there Cider.
oldflame wrote: January 27th, 2020, 6:21 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Poor coaching?
Or brilliant redshirt strategery?

I actually had to Google this because when I applied for college back in the 70s I took the SAT, so I didn't realize that a perfect score on the ACT is 36. Them's some smart Novices you got there Cider.
Obviously he’s playing favorites. Just relying on one or two studs. He’s going to lose a lot of Quizzers. It’s what’s ruining Collegiate Quizletics
When we go to a tournament, we take a varsity team (Liberty A), a junior varsity team (Liberty B), and a novice team (Liberty C). They all play some of the same schools, but the novice level qualifies you for the DII level, in case we make it to nationals. The DI level is for juniors or seniors or graduate students.

With all due respect to Purple's coaching, it would make no sense putting a novice quiz bowl team of 18 year olds up against a team of mostly graduate students in their thirties.
ballcoach15 liked this
Cider Jim wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:19 pm When we go to a tournament, we take a varsity team (Liberty A), a junior varsity team (Liberty B), and a novice team (Liberty C). They all play some of the same schools, but the novice level qualifies you for the DII level, in case we make it to nationals. The DI level is for juniors or seniors or graduate students.

With all due respect to Purple's coaching, it would make no sense putting a novice quiz bowl team of 18 year olds up against a team of mostly graduate students in their thirties.
LeBron
Kobe
Garnett
Moses
They all played in the NBA at 18
Purple Haize wrote: January 27th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Cider Jim wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:19 pm When we go to a tournament, we take a varsity team (Liberty A), a junior varsity team (Liberty B), and a novice team (Liberty C). They all play some of the same schools, but the novice level qualifies you for the DII level, in case we make it to nationals. The DI level is for juniors or seniors or graduate students.

LeBron
Kobe
Garnett
Moses
And I head to head games, Kobe didn't play more minutes or out score Jordan until 5 years into his career.
LeBron
Kobe
Garnett
Moses
Purple, you're talking apples and oranges, when you're comparing athetic talent to academic knowledge. I don't think you'd want LeBron or Moses performing surgery at 18 years old, even though they could both dunk a basketbll at that age. Play Basketball vs. Study
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 28th, 2020, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize liked this
Cider Jim wrote: January 28th, 2020, 9:43 am
LeBron
Kobe
Garnett
Moses
Purple, you're talking apples and oranges, when you're comparing athetic talent to academic knowledge. I won't think you'd want LeBron or Moses performing surgery at 18 years old, even though they could both dunk a basketbll at that age. Play Basketball vs. Study
Doogie Howser was a pretty good Doctor and he wasn’t 18
Wesley Crusher piloted a spaceship before he was old enough to drive
I think you are limiting your Quizeletes
In the first 2 nights, students from Texas and Yale were winners; and the losing schools were Princeton, Carnegie Mellon, FSU, & UFla.

And according to LU's website, we now know Natalie's competition on Friday:

The other contestants on Friday are Tyler Combs, a senior at Indiana University (Bloomington, Ind.) and Nibir Sarma, a sophomore at the University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, Minn.).
http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?P ... MID=379428
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]