If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for a Post Mortum, that would probably be impossible to do, based on NCAA tournament being canned
All anyone knows is we punched our ticket to tournament, and it ended.
Maybe we would have lost in first round, or maybe we go to Final 4. No one will ever know.
By Dalegarz1
I'm going to remember it as more than punching our ticket. The way we manhandled Lipscomb in the tourney final will forever stand out in my mind. My family gathered at my house to watch on ESPN and the Flames dominated! That's the lasting image I'll have from this season.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
That was a dam n fine piece. Good job Brett
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
ESPN put out a simulation of the tournament according to BPI this morning. As a Bama and LU fan what I saw made me super happy.

Here is the post from BPI concerning our Flames:
"No. 12 Liberty over No. 5 Auburn

Our first upset! Had Selection Sunday actually happened, I would have spent this entire week yelling from the rooftops that Liberty was an excellent underdog to pick. I promise, I would have! After all, we identified the Flames as the second-best 11-plus seed in terms of first-round upset potential a week ago, shortly before the actual tournament was canceled."

They did have us losing in a close game to Wisconsin in the second round. However, I feel like we would match-up very well against Wisconsin and pull off the upset to head to the sweet 16!

For the record: BPI simulation had Wisconsin winning the whole tournament!
ballcoach15, alabama24 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SoD BAS wrote: April 5th, 2020, 7:24 pm I don’t think it truly hit me that we won 30 dang games. THIRTY
I think I read somewhere that 30 wins was the second most in the country!

I'm really hoping Ballcoach can back me with with that by providing us with a link. :oldhag :typing :fineprint
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 5th, 2020, 7:51 pm
SoD BAS wrote: April 5th, 2020, 7:24 pm I don’t think it truly hit me that we won 30 dang games. THIRTY
I think I read somewhere that 30 wins was the second most in the country!

I'm really hoping Ballcoach can back me with with that by providing us with a link. :oldhag :typing :fineprint
We call this a teachable moment. Will he rise to the occasion? Or wallow in mediocrity?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]