If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The kid had basically a 2.5 to 1 Assist to TO ratio his entire career and scored in double figures all 3 years AND he is a good FT shooter!

Keenan Gumbs was a solid pick-up last year and I feel like this kid will be better.
If we are looking at "Bigs" that could fill Scottie's spot with good experience than how about these two:

Evan Cole (6'10 225) - Georgia Tech, grad transfer, 4.4 points per game and 3.6 rebounds per game in 12.5 minutes per game.

Kevin Marfo (6'8 245) - Quinnipiac, grad transfer, 10.2 points per game and 13.3 rebounds per game in 28 minutes per game. Also 1.2 blocks per game.

Both of these guys were 3 stars out of high school.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: March 27th, 2020, 3:15 pm If we are looking at "Bigs" that could fill Scottie's spot with good experience than how about these two:

Evan Cole (6'10 225) - Georgia Tech, grad transfer, 4.4 points per game and 3.6 rebounds per game in 12.5 minutes per game.

Kevin Marfo (6'8 245) - Quinnipiac, grad transfer, 10.2 points per game and 13.3 rebounds per game in 28 minutes per game. Also 1.2 blocks per game.

Both of these guys were 3 stars out of high school.
What we don't know about those 2 (or others like them who may be available) is whether they fit Ritchie's #1 criteria, especially for graduate transfers. They need to be a fit for the school and team culture and mature individuals who will provide leadership and can be role models for the young guys. Fields, Chen and Gumbs all gave us that, and it looks like Parker is cut from the same cloth.

Just did a little checking. Kevin Marfo and Evan Cole have both released lists of schools they are considering. We are not on them.
Last edited by olldflame on March 27th, 2020, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:32 am
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: March 27th, 2020, 2:55 pm manson, do you think since we picked up a grad transfer G that we will look to add a Big from Grad Transfer market? Or do we still go hard after Dubose?
I have been told that our #1 priority this offseason is for a "transfer 5."
There are currently 33 immediately eligible players 6''8" or taller in the transfer portal. I have absolutely no idea if any of them would be a fit in any way. If the one-time transfer rule goes through that number goes up to 142. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Without giving away any specifics behind the pay wall, I can say that of all the transfers ASOR has been informed we are in on, so far only one is over 6'6". IMHO DuBose is by far the best player on the list, and would make the biggest impact. I think he is a long shot because of the multiple high major teams that are after him, but if we were to sign him, I would be much more excited about having him than I would be worried about not getting a "5".
JK37 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 27th, 2020, 7:25 pm For the record, I love seeing Texans steer Texans to LU. It has been a tradition in this program like no other.

Just a semi-educated guess, but I don't think BN would have left unless it was obvious we were going to be adding a big some way somehow.
I hope you are correct. I didn't see BN as a real D1 player however. Yes, He was a big body , but didn't have the hands or skills to be successful, even in the ASun IMHO. He was a great cheerleader from the bench and seemed to be a real team player, but beyond that........?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Some schools are making formal offers to players in the portal, which is something I don't recall seeing before. As best I can tell, Liberty is not. One of our targets has offers from Lipscomb, N Florida, UMBC and Coastal.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:30 pm So, we got a commitment from this 6'6" swing player from Cincinnati. 8) Recruiting done for the next 2 years unless someone else transfers out.
My sources say that he is really thin but shoots a good 3-ball when he's open. Play Basketball
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]