This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Should get an idea were we are with this series. They are 2-1 with only lose to #18 Wake Forest 4-3 in the 9th inning. Averaging over 10 runs per game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While everyone was trying to figure out the new basketball arena, baseball lost 5-4.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Cant hit with risp At all. Brutal watch and listen right now. That and getting nothing from top or bottom make it hard to produce.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I had planned to go to the game today, but it’s too cold to play baseball. It’s even worse to watch it sitting on cold seats in the shade.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While everyone was working on basketball seats and/or tickets, baseball beat Seton Hall 3-2 today.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Got to go to the game today prior to mbb. Skirrows stuff is filthy. He has a chance to be an early round guy in the draft. Going to the curve has made him almost unhittable along with his low 90s paint on the corners. Real calm demeanor in trouble and able to repeat his delivery. Riley was electric out of the pen as well. I believe i saw him up to 92 with a hammer as well.

Defensively i think we will be fine. Guy lost one in the sun and highfill got his footwork off on a grounder to 3rd but we know those guys can play the glove. In fact guy made another run saving catch later that was close to top 10 worthy. I think we can be elite defensively.

Hitting wise. I dunno whats wrong but not having wagner hurts and with matthieu galazin and embry all gone from last year were really struggling. Guy and betts just cant get anything going from the top or bottom. Gulakowski is a stud. Real short swing and hes gonna do a ton of damage this year when it warms up. Bet he ends up with double digit dingers. Wilkinson can swing it as well and has a nice approach. You think lock and rohrer will get it going eventually as well because history says both guys can hit at this level. Owen wilson had 3 nice abs in his debut. Nice bunt, walk and 3-1 single to center. I would expect he will get some more shots.

We have the pitching and defense to be as good as last year. Its gonna be how quickly we can get these bats going.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'd say banged up, . I believe he played Friday's game, but wasn't 100%
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Flames get the win 5-3. Locklear with a slam and the bullpen worked out of a couple jams. Good to get the series win.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]