This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 7:39 am Agree with a lot said here. Put me in the side of Warren just being awful. She’s a terrible person. Zero morals.

I’ll just say this: why are Dems just so bad at politics? Mayor Pete has shown flashes of brilliance, and I like Amy K. the most out of the remainders. But the hole field are just bumbling, stumbling idiots. Why can’t dems get this right?
To steal a quote, because they are "stone cold crazy". :lol: :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 15th, 2020, 12:07 am Yeah. The spending depends on what you are comparing it too. HRC would have increased spending by more almost certainly. Trump got rolled into CR’s just about every year. People like Paul Ryan were such a huge disappointment. They could have actually had a budget when they ran the House. Instead they were too busy trying to fight Trump. It’s one of the yuge things that I’m disappointed about in Trumps 1st term. However, I do like all the checks balances etc he just submitted in his new budget. Lots of good stuff in there. But the Republicans have to take the House and stand by it. It’s 50/50 that they will hold to it.
He's back. Paul Ryan. :evil: :lol:

https://trib.al/Cpf85xx
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So MSNBC has really just lost their minds and have completely shown their hand with their reaction to Sanders winning Nevada. It is crazy to me that the DNC and other leftist organizations are sabotaging themselves just because they dislike Sanders so much. I get their feelings but they really need to relax on their anti Sanders rhetoric if they want any chance at beating Trump.

But let's just blame Russia. The country that has literally been attempting to influence US elections for decades (psssst we do it too 😮)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the problem with elizabeth warren is she doesn't seem genuine at all. thats what sets her apart from bernie. as crazy and insane as he is, he's genuine. he's always been about what he's about today. elizabeth warren is a career politician in every sense of the word
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
this is similar to 2016 for sure but is a little different. The right didn't openly rebel against trump because his policies were not to far off RINO talking points. it was more a person who they didn't think could win.

I dont' think the DNC believes anyone has a chance but they now care about control of their own party.

Steve bannon in 2016 had a conversation with Jeff Sessions on running for president and it basically went like this "you aren't going to win the Presidency, but you will win the primary. And when you win the primary, you control the party"

and that is what the fight is for right now. That is why nobody is dropping out holding onto their votes so that its a brokered convention. the Moderate DNC are holding onto their grasp of the party for dear life right now. If people started dropping out of the race, (BTW the last handful of elections by the time we reached nevada there were like 2 or 3 candidates) a good chunk of their voting base would vote bernie and quite possibly push him to a more probable nomination.
RubberMallet wrote: February 24th, 2020, 10:53 am the problem with elizabeth warren is she doesn't seem genuine at all. thats what sets her apart from bernie. as crazy and insane as he is, he's genuine. he's always been about what he's about today. elizabeth warren is a career politician in every sense of the word
Warren is basically trying to piggyback off of Bernie's ideas while also being an establishment-friendly candidate. It is obvious that she is quite disingenuous which hasn't worked for her so far. We will see Tuesday if she picks up some more support after Pete dropped out.
thepostman wrote: March 1st, 2020, 8:57 pm As long as Warren stays in the race Bernie has no shot. Exactly what the DNC wants. She knows what she is doing because she doesn't want Bernie to win the nomination either.
Bernie is leading in all but one or two of the ST states. Klobuchar will keep MN from Bernie most likely but that’s about it
I’m surprised Pete didn’t wait till Wednesday. That tells you there’s obviously something going on behind (no pun intended) the scenes. Either some wheeling dealing with Party higher ups, he did have brunch with Carter, or something in his past was about to be exposed, his service record hasn’t really been vetted.
Either way. Biden has the lead in Popular Vote. Bernie has the Delegates Lead.
flamehunter liked this
Or it could be that he didn’t want to split the votes and take away from Biden - making the path easier for Bernie - on Tuesday. It’s the move Kasich and Carson should’ve done a few years ago and that Bloomberg/Klobuchar should do if they’re serious about not letting Bernie win.
A smarter version of what I just posted from Five Thirty Eight:
Why would Buttigieg do that? The former mayor might genuinely think that Sanders would be a terrible nominee for the Democratic Party. But there is a potential upside for Buttigieg in making this decision too. At his age, Buttigieg has four decades to try to become president. In leaving the race now, he builds goodwill with Democratic Party officials broadly and Biden in particular. If Biden is elected president, it’s easy to imagine him putting Buttigieg in a top administration post that helps Buttigieg fill out his resume — think U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. And goodwill among party officials will help Buttigieg if, as I expect, he eventually runs for president again.
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 1st, 2020, 9:50 pm A smarter version of what I just posted from Five Thirty Eight:
Why would Buttigieg do that? The former mayor might genuinely think that Sanders would be a terrible nominee for the Democratic Party. But there is a potential upside for Buttigieg in making this decision too. At his age, Buttigieg has four decades to try to become president. In leaving the race now, he builds goodwill with Democratic Party officials broadly and Biden in particular. If Biden is elected president, it’s easy to imagine him putting Buttigieg in a top administration post that helps Buttigieg fill out his resume — think U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. And goodwill among party officials will help Buttigieg if, as I expect, he eventually runs for president again.
That’s what I said first. There was some wheeling dealing going on. He was made promises.
Gotta love the DNC. Paving the way for Trump's reelection with all of these backdoor deals, all because they don't like Bernie. It seems that they are unaware that doing stuff like this does long term damage that is hard to correct. Of course the Republican party tried to do the same thing with Trump but it didn't work out but now they appear united when compared to the Democrats.
Purple Haize liked this
thepostman wrote: March 1st, 2020, 10:35 pm Gotta love the DNC. Paving the way for Trump's reelection with all of these backdoor deals, all because they don't like Bernie. It seems that they are unaware that doing stuff like this does long term damage that is hard to correct. Of course the Republican party tried to do the same thing with Trump but it didn't work out but now they appear united when compared to the Democrats.
So who’s gonna run the DNC after this? Usually it’s a Primary Winner or Ex President. That’s been kinda neutralized by the Obama Clinton in fighting. So if Bernie wins the Nomination he’s top Democrat dog. Now what do you do?
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 1st, 2020, 9:50 pm A smarter version of what I just posted from Five Thirty Eight:
They want Buttigieg to be an establishment VP pick. They would like a debate between Pence and Buttigieg. Pence's conservative views against Buttigieg's pro abortion, pro same sex marriage Christianity.

I would like to see Trump throw them a curve and pick Haley for VP at the last minute. Set her up for 2024.
TH Spangler wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 3:21 am
They want Buttigieg to be an establishment VP pick. They would like a debate between Pence and Buttigieg. Pence's conservative views against Buttigieg's pro abortion, pro same sex marriage Christianity.

I would like to see Trump throw them a curve and pick Haley for VP at the last minute. Set her up for 2024.
The Democrats VP picks are Kamala are Abarams. Their nominee will be someone older and whiter than Trump. They will need to go in a different direction for Veep
Purple Haize wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 7:59 am
TH Spangler wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 3:21 am

The Democrats VP picks are Kamala are Abarams. Their nominee will be someone older and whiter than Trump. They will need to go in a different direction for Veep
Can you imagine a world where Stacey Abrams is a heartbeat away from being president? Especially considering the age of those hearts! Can't believe that ANYONE is seriously considering it. A person whose greatest accomplishment in life has been to lose an election by 50,000 votes and cry for 3 years about it being stolen from her.
Last edited by olldflame on March 2nd, 2020, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ill flame liked this
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 2:51 pm Klobuchar is out.

All the moderates getting in line behind Biden.
Moderates? :rofl :rofl It looks like they have finally realized that even though the odds of anyone they have of beating Trump are getting slimmer by the day, they are almost sure to lose the house as well if they nominate Bernie.
How far right are you guys if you think Klobuchar isn't a moderate democrat?

Regardless, the DNC is doing what they do and trying to control this thing as much as they can. It'll be interesting to see if this helps unify their party or just wedge more division between the DNC and Bernie supporters.
phoenix liked this
By LUDad
Dems are in a no win situation. If they manage to ditch Sanders at the convention, they risk a third party run by Sanders or his supporters sitting out the election. If they they don't succeed, and Sanders is the nominee, they lose anyway.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]