The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Really can't see us splitting with Michigan against their top tier pitching. Maybe they will put a second line pitcher against us when they see our record. The other problem is in our own circle. We've given up far too many runs even in games where the offense has shown some life.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 1-0, we had our chances. Poor plate discipline and a major baserunning error, hurt us. Kearny pitched our best game of the season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Does anyboday think that Ballcoach may be a jinx? Seems like anytime he drives to an away tournament the LU softball team doesn't hit well. :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While everyone was trying to find a seat in new arena, LU beat #8 Michigan 6-5. Amber Bishop had 3 hits, 2 HR and 5 RBIs. Including a walk off HR leading off bottom of 7TH inning.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, I was about to post about this and say that I hope this is just what they need to get in the right track and then ballcoach happens and takes the joy out of it. Instead of being passive aggressive, why not just make posts about the topic at hand? It makes it really difficult to care about softball when you spend time speaking down about the rest of the content others on the board care about.

So if you want to know why more people don't join you and your softball discussions, look no further then the mirror.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed...ballcoach you know the saying "you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar"? (Or something to that effect..DR. Cider can you verify that for me?) You tend to pour giant bottles of vinegar on discussions and so no one wants to have to smell the stink that you put out because you don't like anything other than softball
Last edited by BJWilliams on March 1st, 2020, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dalegarz1
Excellent win! I hope it's the start of a long winning streak. I'll be down in three weeks to watch them in person. For all those interested, I'll give a somewhat detailed report on my observations. On a side note, I was planning on playing London Downs and was wondering about the condition of the course. The last time I played it (2018) the fairways were all brown and it was the beginning of May!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 3:33 pm Excellent win! I hope it's the start of a long winning streak. I'll be down in three weeks to watch them in person. For all those interested, I'll give a somewhat detailed report on my observations. On a side note, I was planning on playing London Downs and was wondering about the condition of the course. The last time I played it (2018) the fairways were all brown and it was the beginning of May!
I appreciate your updates. I feel more smarter having readed them :D Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As Coach Jeff Meyer used to say, "It's not where you start; it's where you finish." Enjoy the last two wins, Ballcoach and Coach Dot. :clapping
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm 2 in a row. That is good news. Maybe Dot knows what she is doing or maybe this is fools gold. I guess only time will tell.
Major shakeup in batting order today seemed to pan out. Amber in the 5 hole and Autumn number 7. Still waiting on Autumn to begin hitting. Amber's 3 HRs were consecutive ABs. Looks like we have one dependable pitcher but, as a freshmen, don't want to wear out her arm. Colleges play 2X the number of games HS do. May have to win the ASUN tournament to see the NCAAs this year.
thepostman liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:37 pm
thepostman wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm 2 in a row. That is good news. Maybe Dot knows what she is doing or maybe this is fools gold. I guess only time will tell.
Major shakeup in batting order today seemed to pan out. Amber in the 5 hole and Autumn number 7. Still waiting on Autumn to begin hitting. Amber's 3 HRs were consecutive ABs. Looks like we have one dependable pitcher but, as a freshmen, don't want to wear out her arm. Colleges play 2X the number of games HS do. May have to win the ASUN tournament to see the NCAAs this year.
The lineup change may have helped, but it's hard to tell. I'm thinking the improved hitting probably had more to do with facing an opponent that is not from a P5 conference (or Team USA) for the first time all year. Despite ballcoach's grand predictions, IMHO getting 2 wins in those first 14 games and being competitive in a few more was not awful, and I'm impressed that the only 2 run-rule shortened games were against Team USA and #1 UCLA. It certainly looks like they have maintained their morale going into the remainder of the schedule, where we can expect much better results. Whether having run this gauntlet will prove to be a net benefit during conference play remains to be seen.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After 15 games last year we were 9-6, with 1 win against a ranked team (which was the only one we got all year). This year we are 3-11 (Team USA loss doesn't count) but already have 2 wins against ranked teams. Despite the losing record, I'm not so sure we are any worse off in terms of an at-large than we were a year ago at this time. 42 games remaining in the regular season and 3 are against teams currently ranked (UTK 14, JMU 23, UNC 25. Get on a roll against easier competition and pull off a couple of wins against those ranked teams and it's not out of the question we can have a better at-large resume than last year's team.

While I have expressed some doubts about the wisdom of Dot scheduling as tough as she did, I have said all along that the key to whether it would work is not in the W-L record, but in whether they can get through it without being demoralized. Looks like that has happened. Now it's time to rack up some Ws. 8)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think all of that is very true. Especially the last 2 lines. Still feels like if you control the twins you can shut us down but pitching looks better.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]