This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
No surprises there, but with Meyer moving to the Friday spot, it will be interesting to see who gets the mid-week start.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:05 pm No surprises there, but with Meyer moving to the Friday spot, it will be interesting to see who gets the mid-week start.
Mason Hand
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:07 pm
oldflame wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:05 pm No surprises there, but with Meyer moving to the Friday spot, it will be interesting to see who gets the mid-week start.
Mason Hand
That's a good sign. He showed a lot of potential before his arm problem.
By LUDad
So is matthieu out for season? Team had good season last year but could have done much better with more pop.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: February 13th, 2020, 9:21 pm So is matthieu out for season? Team had good season last year but could have done much better with more pop.
Yes. May see a rotation at 3rd and 1st base with McDyer and Highfill and possibly Baugman and Wilkinson (transfer).
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully I won't be needing Tums or Pepto listening to Saturday games at the radio station. Skirrow had my stomach in knots on more than a few occasions
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Highfill has never really hit and mcdyre hasnt since his frosh year. Jackson is giving them firat shot as seniors. Whos playing 3b?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So i have espn plus and direct tv. Says i dont have access. What the heck??
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 5:48 pm This game is not showing on ESPN+.
It is if u have access to acc network through your cable provider. Watching it now
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 5:55 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 5:48 pm This game is not showing on ESPN+.
It is if u have access to acc network through your cable provider. Watching it now
To clarify - watching it now on espn plus
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I have acc n and sec n. Is it acc network plus maybe and is there a difference? Directv wise
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
10ks so far. Highgfill and McDyre still can’t hit and chase bad pitches. Can’t believe we don’t have anything better.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 6:39 pm 10ks so far. Highgfill and McDyre still can’t hit and chase bad pitches. Can’t believe we don’t have anything better.
Highfill doubled off the CF fence to lead off the 4th.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Clemson pitchers issued 11 walks, and struck out 14.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
We can't get a single clutch hit. We've left 50 on base in two games. :oops:
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
We have terrible plate discipline. Swinging at crap in the dirt. We have left so many Risp.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 4:28 pm We have terrible plate discipline. Swinging at crap in the dirt. We have left so many Risp.
Pitching is there. Batters are choking with runners onboard. I wasn't to concerned after the first game, but two in a row now. :oops: :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 4:28 pm We have terrible plate discipline. Swinging at crap in the dirt. We have left so many Risp.
That's strange. Patience and discipline at the plate have been the trademark of our teams since Jackson arrived.
SumItUp, ballah09 liked this
By LUDad
I think they have been showing great patience at the plate. Would not have that huge amount of walks if they didn't. Being able to hit the right pitch is another story.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]