If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 24th, 2020, 8:33 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:36 am Joe Lunardi has Liberty getting an at-large bid as one of the last four teams in

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-brack ... h-week-12/
and North Florida a 16 seed per ESPN.
I think the UNF team might be a serious challenger as time goes by. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the conference next year.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:19 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:36 am Joe Lunardi has Liberty getting an at-large bid as one of the last four teams in

I think the UNF team might be a serious challenger as time goes by. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the conference next year.
This is their year if they are ever going to win the conference given 4 starters are seniors and top sub a senior.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:19 pm

N Florida is losing even more to graduation than we are. I think Stetson is the team to watch out for.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Stetson is building something right now and they have just begun. It'll be interesting to see that program develop.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I will give N Florida credit for the fact that they have already filled the scholarships of their 5 graduating Seniors with November signees. On initial examination, it doesn't appear to be a stellar class, but getting it done early is not something many teams at the ASUN/BSC level historically have done.

Stetson also has 4 November signees, and is currently 2 over the limit for next year, meaning at least 2 on the current roster will need to go.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Stetson has serious limitations to program development. Any coach worth their while gets in and out quickly.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:10 am Stetson has serious limitations to program development. Any coach worth their while gets in and out quickly.
Not surprised to hear that. I don't know a lot about their situation other than they have funneled an inordinate amount of their limited resources into baseball, which has enjoyed a good bit of success, while other programs have suffered.
JK37 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:19 am Stetson is likely to get poached
Probably if it continues to grow in the next year or two which is what I was referencing. After that, I certainly would expect they will get poached.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am That coach isn't staying at Stetson a minute longer than he has to. He's as slimy as they come.
Probably not, but I'm not so sure sliminess will have anything to do with it. He could be pure as the driven snow, but if he elevates Stetson MBB from the dumpster fire it has been to any degree of competitiveness, he is going to get better offers and be out of there.
JK37 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am That coach isn't staying at Stetson a minute longer than he has to. He's as slimy as they come.
Oh, I agree but they aren't going to have a good enough year this year for him to go anywhere. After next year or the year after that? Then of course.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:51 pm
Oh, I agree but they aren't going to have a good enough year this year for him to go anywhere. After next year or the year after that? Then of course.
Probably right, but not necessarily. They lost 24 games last year and have averaged 22 losses over the last 4. They are currently 12-12 and 6-3 in conference. Could finish over .500 and 10-6 or even 11-5 in the ASUN, with a team dominated by the Freshmen he recruited. Somebody might think that's impressive enough to pull the trigger.
By Jonathan Carone
He's got some baggage so teams aren't going to be calling very quickly. Unless a P5 hires him as an assistant, it'll take him a couple years to get that offer.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 12:05 am Yeah, Stetson is building something right now and they have just begun. It'll be interesting to see that program develop.
So that is the team that beat us with a bunch of freshmen... Yeah, it was Stetson I meant.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Back to Bracketology: we're currently not even in the "next four out," but are listed on the bubble watch as a team with "Work to do," - sandwiched right between Richmond and VCU.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Good news for us is we get both teams we lost to in conference at home back to back in a couple weeks so we have a chance to avenge both losses in front of a raucous crowd and hopefully get back in the conversation, although Id rather us leave no doubt and win outright
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Our work to do from here on out is only seeding related for the tourney. There's no scenario in which we get an at-large because that would mean another bad loss on our record in the conference tourney. It's a shame because that loss to LSU is looking pretty good right now.
By Drsloan
Kennesaw State is going to be interesting next year. Could be like Stetson this year. Number 42 class nationally. Don’t know if they can keep all three after next year but three very high recruits. Three highest in their history.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]