This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
ATrain wrote: January 30th, 2020, 7:28 am
TH Spangler wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:26 am
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 42047.html

Trump is creating jobs. employment news proves, more than any other metric the efficacy of President Trump’s growth doctrine of economic nationalism and the diffusion of power. Defying globalist skeptics from Wall Street, academia, and the corporate media, payrolls surged in America in 2019.
Although the unemployment rate is low, the labor force participation rate has only grown by .4% since Trump took office. Unemployment rate is dropping because people are dropping out of the labor force:
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000
Considering that Boomers are retiring at an incredible rate and there are estimated 7 million more people in the US since the election, I'd say that's a pretty resounding accolade for the economy. At the estimated 10,000 Boomer retirees a day, three years is roughly 1000 days. So 10,000,000 retirees during that time. It's unprecedented. The low unemployment, high retirement rate, and slightly increasing labor participation rate combination speaks for itself.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 30th, 2020, 9:02 am
TH Spangler wrote:
ATrain wrote: January 30th, 2020, 7:28 am

Although the unemployment rate is low, the labor force participation rate has only grown by .4% since Trump took office. Unemployment rate is dropping because people are dropping out of the labor force:
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000
Unemployment is down and fewer people are on government assistance, that's what counts ...... And this will take us to the next level. " Trade Deals With Allies. America First doesn't means America alone. The USMCA gets signed! No more NAFTA. A new era of prosperity with our neighbors as the global supply chain reorients from the Far East back to the Americas."

Good for us, Mexico and Canada. Other central American countries can benefit as well if they get their governments in order.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are so many more things involved in the supply chain than you realize.
Yepper and it's changing. Can't do it over night. But it's happening in a stealthy way right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So there is this

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/202 ... ne-courses

“Governor Northam’s proposal signals that his office wants to ensure state money is directed at quality, vetted programs,” she said via email. “Despite receiving the most TAG money of all private institutions in Virginia, Liberty University spends the least on instruction -- just 26 cents for every tuition dollar taken in. Other private colleges in the state, with smaller endowments, manage to spend more on instruction as a proportion of tuition revenue.”

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:So there is this

“Governor Northam’s proposal signals that his office wants to ensure state money is directed at quality, vetted programs,” she said via email. “Despite receiving the most TAG money of all private institutions in Virginia, Liberty University spends the least on instruction -- just 26 cents for every tuition dollar taken in. Other private colleges in the state, with smaller endowments, manage to spend more on instruction as a proportion of tuition revenue.”

Yeah, that's not surprising. As a former online student at Liberty, their lack of investment showed. It is unfortunate that other online programs that invest more into making their programs valuable are suffering as well though. There definitely needs to be better oversight over the quality of distance learning.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jerry might be setting himself up for his next move. Blow it up in the media, then announce a scholarship fund for the 2000 affected students. :lol:
chris leedlelee liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm Jerry might be setting himself up for his next move. Blow it up in the media, then announce a scholarship fund for the 2000 affected students. :lol:
I’m not convinced he isn’t angling for a run for office
By chris leedlelee
ballcoach15 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:22 pm He would be excellent choice for governor.
I mean ballcoach isn't completely wrong here being that the current governor is a KKK/blackface-wearing wannabe tyrant who is fine with aborting children after childbirth. The bar isn't exactly that high for that office it seems.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:10 pm Yeah, let him do his thing as governor. If it gets him to step down from his post at Liberty, I am all on board.
Time to start planting this idea in Jerry's head. He couldn't resist if it was reinforced enough. Who's on board?
rogers3 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:08 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:22 pm He would be excellent choice for governor.
I mean ballcoach isn't completely wrong here being that the current governor is a KKK/blackface-wearing wannabe tyrant who is fine with aborting children after childbirth. The bar isn't exactly that high for that office it seems.
Seems like now would be a good time to do it. :dontgetit
Last edited by TH Spangler on January 30th, 2020, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:16 pm
thepostman wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:10 pm Yeah, let him do his thing as governor. If it gets him to step down from his post at Liberty, I am all on board.
Time to start planting this idea in Jerry's head. He couldn't resist if it was reinforced enough. Who's on board?
I'd move to Virginia just to vote for him if it meant he'd step down :D
rogers3 liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: January 30th, 2020, 4:09 pm Big hat no cattle.
I just love how he doubles down on the hot air. I do think the state has a point- online delivery is much less expensive. The competitive environment will get much tougher for LU in the long run. I hope the administration is smart enough to sock some money away for facility maintenance!
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm
Purple Haize wrote:So there is this

Yeah, that's not surprising. As a former online student at Liberty, their lack of investment showed. It is unfortunate that other online programs that invest more into making their programs valuable are suffering as well though. There definitely needs to be better oversight over the quality of distance learning.
If anyone else thinks this isn't anything but a stunt, you're mistaken. He doesn't prioritize the working class values as much as he values lining his pockets. I mean look at his instagram on 1/22. There is a photo of Jerry and other high level VPs like the VP of Student Financial Services, aka Financial Aid. How is taking Liberty administration to WV on Liberty's dime only to say this week he is going endores the WVA Govenor and Trump in the next election not an IRS violation? He's doing everything he can to put pressure on Northam for taking money from the cash cow of Liberty.
By chris leedlelee
rogers3 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 4:16 pm I just love how he doubles down on the hot air. I do think the state has a point- online delivery is much less expensive. The competitive environment will get much tougher for LU in the long run. I hope the administration is smart enough to sock some money away for facility maintenance!
This is why the building up of the endowment now is so important. It will insulate LU from political pressure in the future, and allow it to keep it's Christian values if any anti-religious college legislation gets passed. This is the one thing where I agree wholeheartedly with Jerry.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 31st, 2020, 10:24 am
rogers3 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 4:16 pm I just love how he doubles down on the hot air. I do think the state has a point- online delivery is much less expensive. The competitive environment will get much tougher for LU in the long run. I hope the administration is smart enough to sock some money away for facility maintenance!
This is why the building up of the endowment now is so important. It will insulate LU from political pressure in the future, and allow it to keep it's Christian values if any anti-religious college legislation gets passed. This is the one thing where I agree wholeheartedly with Jerry.
I dont think keeping what is left of "Christian values" is really high on the list.
ElmersTwin, adam42381 liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 31st, 2020, 10:24 am
Chris...are you really that blind? Is your name supposed to be tweedle-dee?
By chris leedlelee
rogers3 wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:04 am Chris...are you really that blind? Is your name supposed to be tweedle-dee?
LU isn't perfect, but it stands far more for virtue than any of the colleges today. Have you seen the social justice warrior insanity on college campuses, which is usually supported wholeheartedly by the administration? LU isn't perfect, but it is the best we have. I'll be the first guy to tell you Jerry's recent politicking and Nasser's fixation with strobe lights and lasers over sound preachers hasn't been good for the spiritual health of the University.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm
rogers3 wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:04 am Chris...are you really that blind? Is your name supposed to be tweedle-dee?
LU isn't perfect, but it stands far more for virtue than any of the colleges today. Have you seen the social justice warrior insanity on college campuses, which is usually supported wholeheartedly by the administration? LU isn't perfect, but it is the best we have. I'll be the first guy to tell you Jerry's recent politicking and Nasser's fixation with strobe lights and lasers over sound preachers hasn't been good for the spiritual health of the University.
That is why I will speak loudly against the sub-mediocre. Shouldn't a believer expect better? I love Liberty, but it is pretty obvious that people in positions of power are tempering the impact the school could have.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
What a joke and nothing but a PR stunt. Embarrassing for the university. I am sure no one in the power structure will care, but I have already pulled back some of my financial and a ton of emotional support. Just wait until you hear what they are going to do with the Flames Club.
Hard to imagine anyone taking us real seriously anymore. Right now any scorn thrown our way, is richly deserved. (And I like the fact that Jr. is supporting Trump). But the rest of this stuff is just :BS
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:38 am Just wait until you hear what they are going to do with the Flames Club.
Must have started. I just looked at my membership and I've lost about 20+ pts for some reason. :lol:
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 6:36 am
flameshaw wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:38 am Just wait until you hear what they are going to do with the Flames Club.
Must have started. I just looked at my membership and I've lost about 20+ pts for some reason. :lol:
It's time to re-up for 2020. That's why the points dropped. Just call and let them know, you don't have to pay when you do it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]