If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely thought this was a fake story. It's really unbelievable. so sad. People often attempt to discredit his greatness because of Shaq but he was unquestionably one of the greatest to play the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ABC just reported his daughters were also on board. Seems to be conflicting stories on that
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Local 10 Reports
Bryant’s wife Vanessa was reportedly not on the helicopter, according to TMZ.

ABC News is reporting that Bryant’s four daughters were also on board the helicopter.
So sad. If true, that makes it even more sad.

Also another report mentioned Rick Fox
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Currently the only confirmation, other than Kobe, is his 13 year old daughter. Can't imagine what Kobe's wife is going through right now. Heartbreaking stuff.

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
I'm from SoCal. I remember as a young kid watching Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain and as a young adult, watching Magic and Kareem. Later it would be Shaq and Kobe. It's amazing to think that of all those legendary players, Kobe is most often considered the best.

Some I know who used to be NBA fans but quit watching over the years thought of Kobe as arrogant. But the dude was just so stinking competitive, so driven as anyone who follows basketball knows. I was reading a tweet today from an Assistant Coach at UC Irvine. He said Kobe had mentored him and encouraged him for 13 years. And a young lady who plays collegiate b-ball for Oregon. And many others. Yeah, the guy had swagger, but he poured himself into others too. It wasn't all about him.

And man, was he ever fun to watch!!!
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
My brother knew him pretty well and spent quite a bit of time with him. I used to see him at the coffee shop a lot when I
lived in Newport Beach - comes off arrogant, but big heart for all those who made his inner circle. He was real cool to my nephews and hooped with tHem in their driveway.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 12:34 am My brother knew him pretty well and spent quite a bit of time with him. I used to see him at the coffee shop a lot when I
lived in Newport Beach - comes off arrogant, but big heart for all those who made his inner circle. He was real cool to my nephews and hooped with tHem in their driveway.
That's pretty cool.

I lived in Newport for a time as well. On Oceanfront, a couple doors down from Mutt Lynch's. Good times! (Unfortunately closer to Rodman than Kobe. :) )
By tyndal23
Ha. Rodman worked out at my sports club - brought Carmen Electra in once. He is from OKlahoma and my friends used to go hang with him when he played for Detroit - was real cool and down to earth - then he lost his marbles overnight. Mutts - schooner :).
Just John liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, this whole story is tragic. I was never a fan of Kobe, even when I lived in SoCal (Irvine). I was born and raised in the Sacramento area so the rivalry with the Kings for a few years drove my dislike of the Lakers and the 2002 Western Conference Finals ended my love of NBA basketball.

But, my personal bias doesn't matter. He was an amazingly talented player and brought a lot to the game and really wanted the game to grow for the next generation. The basketball world certainly lost a great one.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 10:40 pm I heard the helicopter was a 1991 model. I am no aviation expert, but I would think that's rather old.
What? You can come up with some crazy stuff I’ll give you that
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 10:40 pm I heard the helicopter was a 1991 model. I am no aviation expert, but I would think that's rather old.
Step 1: Google.com
Step 2: "Average Aircraft Age"
Step 3: Enter
Step 4: Observe highly credible Bureau of Transportation Statistics link
Step 5: Click on it
Step 6: Click on the Excel with the compiled data
Step 7: Read with a 8th grade comprehension level
Step 8: Post factual information free of bias
Step 9: Add opinions supported by credible statistics above

https://www.bts.gov/sites/bts.dot.gov/f ... Ctype.xlsx

The average age of Regional airline operator's aircraft thought the US in 2018 was 26 years old. Or 1992. So really not uncommon at all.

Obviously the major airlines can afford replacing old aircraft and keeping averages down with cutting edge planes.

Another declaration without any shred of evidence nor experience to support it.
thepostman liked this
By LUDad
Sorry for what happened to him but I had always considered him to be a jerk for refusing to play for charlotte.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He was 17/18. He was not the greatest guy when he was younger but as he grew and matured he became the kind of man many younger players could look up to. I was a jerk when I was 18 too. Still kind of am but we learn and we grow.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: February 11th, 2020, 6:41 pm Sorry for what happened to him but I had always considered him to be a jerk for refusing to play for charlotte.
well that and the the whole rape thing
flameshaw liked this
By Class of 20Something
PAmedic wrote: February 12th, 2020, 12:23 am
LUDad wrote: February 11th, 2020, 6:41 pm Sorry for what happened to him but I had always considered him to be a jerk for refusing to play for charlotte.
well that and the the whole rape thing
I will always be suspicious of cases where one says it was consensual and the other doesn't. Frankly suspicious of both parties. And when the case can’t come to trial because the accuser won’t testify.
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]