Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 16th, 2020, 2:46 pm How about a Manny Rojas reunion??? He is the DC and Linebackers coach at Lafayette. I would imagine that Scott Symons gets poached in the next 2 years and with DC experience at the FCS level it might be a natural step up to DC for Manny.
I love Manny so much. But my guess is Freeze values his guys more than an alum being on staff.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 2:28 pm Were they not at max on field positions last year then? Or is he a grad assistant ?
Yes, we were. In his tweet he referred to himself as "Assistant DL Coach", which I'm pretty sure is not a position that actually exists. I expect he will fall into the QC, Analyst or GA category.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 16th, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 16th, 2020, 2:46 pm How about a Manny Rojas reunion??? He is the DC and Linebackers coach at Lafayette. I would imagine that Scott Symons gets poached in the next 2 years and with DC experience at the FCS level it might be a natural step up to DC for Manny.
I love Manny so much. But my guess is Freeze values his guys more than an alum being on staff.
I think he made that pretty clear last year with Mike Brown.
Purple Haize liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Somebody else that may be pursued is Chris Kiffin, Lane's brother and previously on Freeze's last Ole Miss staff.

Carone, like you I love Manny and he still is in my top 5 of LU's favorite and best defensive players. He was a wrecking ball on the field with such a HIGH football IQ. He would be such a good hire and I wish HCHF would entertain the thought of bringing him here.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:16 am
A Sea of Red wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:02 am Report: Liberty LB coach Kyle Pope to be named Memphis' DL coach

https://www.aseaofred.com/report-libert ... -dl-coach/
Sad to see him go, but we all knew he was a rising star in the coaching world. Maybe one day he can come back in some other capacity.

I remember when Coach Pope first arrived at LU. TF and I talked with him in the DeMoss Building. Afterwards, I told TF that Pope would be a good one.
I think Coach Freeze might reach out Coach Saban again, for a replacement. Always good to have Alabama connections on staff.
chris leedlelee liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:50 pm
chris leedlelee wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:16 am
A Sea of Red wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:02 am Report: Liberty LB coach Kyle Pope to be named Memphis' DL coach

https://www.aseaofred.com/report-libert ... -dl-coach/
Sad to see him go, but we all knew he was a rising star in the coaching world. Maybe one day he can come back in some other capacity.

I remember when Coach Pope first arrived at LU. TF and I talked with him in the DeMoss Building. Afterwards, I told TF that Pope would be a good one.
I think Coach Freeze might reach out Coach Saban again, for a replacement. Always good to have Alabama connections on staff.
Really? Why? Not saying it's in any way a bad thing, but I see no particular benefit in it.
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm Somebody else that may be pursued is Chris Kiffin, Lane's brother and previously on Freeze's last Ole Miss staff.

Carone, like you I love Manny and he still is in my top 5 of LU's favorite and best defensive players. He was a wrecking ball on the field with such a HIGH football IQ. He would be such a good hire and I wish HCHF would entertain the thought of bringing him here.
Mmm - I think u might want to research the Ole Miss Chris Kiffin things a bit more.
Purple Haize, LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:12 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm Somebody else that may be pursued is Chris Kiffin, Lane's brother and previously on Freeze's last Ole Miss staff.

Mmm - I think u might want to research the Ole Miss Chris Kiffin things a bit more.
Why would Chris Kiffin leave the 49ers, who are playing in the NFC championship, for LU?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Sean Tuohy is certainly a name to watch. Was at Arkansas and also at the coach's Christmas Party.
By cruzan_flame13
R i wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 8:26 pm Sean Tuohy is certainly a name to watch. Was at Arkansas and also at the coach's Christmas Party.
I thought we already concluded that SJ will be with us already .
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Maybe, I have been away from the board for a bit.
By Risewithus
Wonder if Symons will still be D Coordinator also?
[/quote]

I would hope. The recruits brought in was based on his style of defense.
By cruzan_flame13
Risewithus wrote: January 31st, 2020, 10:15 pm Wonder if Symons will still be D Coordinator also?
I would hope. The recruits brought in was based on his style of defense.
[/quote]

Looks like he will remain as coordinator, but moving from safeties coach to the linebacker's coach. This just got a little more interesting :)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Symons was a lb coach at memphis. They are just shuffling to their strengths. Batoon coaches safeties multiple times. Symons would def still be dc.
Risewithus liked this
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:20 am
A Sea of Red wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:20 am Liberty adds Sean Tuohy, Jr. to staff

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-adds- ... perations/
Sound familiar? We had that on the rumor mill Dec. 27.
It did...but not because of the rumor mill...Remember him because of "The Blind Side"
Purple Haize liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]