Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 9th, 2020, 11:57 pm Freeze was a speaker at a retreat my wife was at today- she said she was impressed by how purposeful he is in everything he does. Apparently he also made a joke about wanting to win ACC championships at LU :shock:
He may have been joking, but I would still consider that a good sign. The possibility is in his head.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Stokesjokes, I don't know what "retreat" you're talking about, but Coach Freeze spoke at the Conference on Teaching Excellence (aka LU Faculty Orientation) yesterday, and he did mention that he dreams big and wants to see LU join the ACC in a few years.

And I don't think he was joking. Ballcoach was there, too.

And I will say this about Coach Freeze's presentation. I was expecting him to talk about his big Cure Bowl win, but that never came up. Instead, he talked about his love for his family, his relationaship with Jesus, and his team's core values, which begin with with FAITH and spell FAMILY.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 9&teamID=9

Having the coaches speak to the faculty was a GENIUS idea, because all four of them are motivators and accomplished pubic speakers. I thought Coach Dot woud be my favorite, and she was by far the most academic with her detailed PowerPoint slides, but Coach Freeze won me over with his sincerity and humility. Jerry, Sr. would have loved Coach Freeze, because he speaks like a Southern Baptist preacher!
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 10th, 2020, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flamehunter, ballcoach15, Liberty22 and 5 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Why is ballcoach at a faculty meeting???

Anyways, that is a great move to have him speak. So many times to football coach seems so far removed from the faculty and staff so the fact he spoke is pretty cool.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2020, 7:50 am Stokesjokes, I don't know what "retreat" you're talking about, but Coach Freeze spoke at the Conference on Teaching Excellence (aka LU Faculty Orientation) yesterday, and he did mention that he dreams big and wants to see LU join the ACC in a few years.

And I don't think he was joking. Ballcoach was there, too.

And I will say this about Coach Freeze's presentation. I was expecting him to talk about his big Cure Bowl win, but that never came up. Instead, he talked about his love for his family, his relationaship with Jesus, and his team's core values, whch begin with with FAITH and spell FAMILY.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 9&teamID=9

Having the coaches speak to the faculty was a GENIUS idea, because all four of them are motivators and accomplished pubic speakers. I thought Coach Dot woud be my favorite, and she was by far the most academic with her detailed PowerPoint slides, but Coach Freeze won me over with his sincerity and humility. Jerry, Sr. would have loved Coach Freeze, because he speaks like a Southern Baptist preacher!
Who were the other 2 coaches who spoke?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
She’s been calling it a retreat, but this is her first one, so cut her some slack :lol:

She said she was impressed by how well he recalled and integrated scripture. And we’re you surprised that Dr. Dot went academic? Study Study

Tolsma was the other speaker. McKay today. Glad they won last night or it may have been awkward.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That's an impressive list. We are blessed. Easy to forget with all her softball accomplishments that Dot is a legit MD (orthopedic surgeon) so yeah, she's pretty smart. 8)
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 10th, 2020, 9:17 am
thepostman wrote: January 10th, 2020, 8:45 am Why is ballcoach at a faculty meeting???

Even the Faculty needs to be "coached up".

So again, why were you there?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, it was open to the public, and professors from Regent, Bluefield, LC, and even UVa attended. Study

Ballcoach was obviously there to hear Coach Dot :bowdown and sat with me on the 3rd row.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Like Lestor Roloff (for you old timers), Coach Freeze broke out in SONG about midway through his presentation, singing part of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2020, 11:25 am Like Lestor Roloff (for you old timers), Coach Freeze broke out in SONG about midway through his presentation, singing part of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."
So, were his wife and daughters there to be the "Hummingbirds"?
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No, Coach Freeze's song began as a solo, but a few faculty joined in singing with him!
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Maybe just maybe what has captured most of our hearts about this place has started to make an impact on coach freeze as well.

Ive heard a couple things in the last couple weeks that have made me think that may be happening a bit but who knows.

Very good idea i think as someone mentioned earlier regarding athletics being in another world at most schools. After all the faculty could be a huge fan base in of itself if developed along with the lburg community.
Dalegarz1 liked this
By LUOrange
Does anybody know if video of this conference/orientation with the coaches speaking will be put online? I'd love to watch them.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2020, 11:25 am Like Lestor Roloff (for you old timers), Coach Freeze broke out in SONG about midway through his presentation, singing part of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."
Lester Roloff would definitely think that song was too "worldly", too "liberal", and a "compromise". :roll: :)

I don't agree with everything LU does now but I'm glad Sr. took it away from that nonsense.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]