This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm
Hopefully something good will go into the old Dicks space.
:shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm Where is the nearest Bass Pro Shop to Lynchburg
Ballcoach, the greater Richmond area has 2 of them, and the closer one to Lynchburg is 86 miles away at Short Pump.

https://stores.basspro.com/search.html? ... +VA%2C+USA
By LUAlum1215
Cider Jim wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:34 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm Where is the nearest Bass Pro Shop to Lynchburg
Ballcoach, the greater Richmond area has 2 of them, and the closer one to Lynchburg is 86 miles away at Short Pump.

Field and Stream is even closer with one in Charlottesville. I was hoping for Academy to move in the mall to give Dicks some competition, but oh well.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:54 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:34 am

Field and Stream is even closer with one in Charlottesville. I was hoping for Academy to move in the mall to give Dicks some competition, but oh well.
Field and Stream is a bit different than Bass Pro; their stores are smaller and Dick’s has used some of the vacant stores they have moved from as Field and Stream stores. Having been in both, I’d wager that the investment Dicks has in a single Field and Stream store is a small fraction of what goes into a Bass Pro. For what it is worth, last year there were some discussion about Dicks relocating closer to the US 221 intersection and repurposing their old store.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to Dick's today. Their prices are outrageous. I didn't buy anything, but felt I was being robbed anyway.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:28 pm I went to Dick's today. Their prices are outrageous.
Welcome to the world of name brand sporting goods. It’s why I am a big fan of Joe’s New Balance Outlet. A nice pair of NB’s for $50 or less? Sign me up. Heck, can even get a nice pair for under $30 if you time it right.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 5:25 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 2:51 pm Inflation Ballcoach inflation lol
BC...still living in the 70's!
You know he still dons those polyester Bike coaches shorts!

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ts?a=48592
By Jonathan Carone
I don’t think I’d trust my feet to a pair of shoes that cost less than $50. And I definitely wouldn’t trust them to athletic shoes for under $50.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have a feeling ballcoach isn't one who values quality shoes. I went cheap oh my last pair of running shoes ($55) and they are already falling apart. Never again.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 16th, 2019, 6:34 am I have a feeling ballcoach isn't one who values quality shoes. I went cheap oh my last pair of running shoes ($55) and they are already falling apart. Never again.
I don't think Ballcoach runs--unless someone is chasing him. Ballcoach, what were you shopping for?
By Class of 20Something
So my family went to SeaQuest last Tuesday on a whim. It was 3 of us, me, my wife and daughter who turns three this week.

It was a week night so we thought it would be opportune to be there without a crowd. So it was $52 with a few feeding tokens.

Don’t let the name fool you. SeaQuest has as many land animals as aquatic. There are sloths, wallabys, hedgehogs, and even parrots and toucans.

The majority of the enclosures were closed which was mildly frustrating, but we still felt like we got our money’s worth. The parakeet enclosure was worth the price alone. There were plenty of local fish, and lots of rays and sharks too.

After the visit we asked some clarifying questions about the annual pass. If grandparents come to take my daughter, their tickets are half price. Our annual passes pay for themselves in the third visit. We live two miles from the mall so that won't be a problem.

We bought in and are excited to get into some of the other enclosures. It’s a great way to help my daughter learn and push the limits of what she is comfortable with.

Absolutely great addition to our mall. I can’t believe it’s in Lynchburg. I’m sure there will be a few “meals” caught at the new iron and ale before and after visits.
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:34 am So my family went to SeaQuest last Tuesday on a whim. It was 3 of us, me, my wife and daughter who turns three this week.

It was a week night so we thought it would be opportune to be there without a crowd. So it was $52 with a few FEEDING TOKENS
Oh, no, when my wife and I go to Safari Park, we spend most of our money on feeding the anmials. How much were the feeding tokens and how much food did you get?
By Class of 20Something
I think there’s a discount once you’re a passport holder, but the lowest value option was 6 tokens for $10. Spend more and it's better. Use one with the parakeets. We would have used a lot of tokens and will probably consider buying a ton of them to bring back.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 16th, 2019, 12:13 am I don’t think I’d trust my feet to a pair of shoes that cost less than $50. And I definitely wouldn’t trust them to athletic shoes for under $50.
It's literally the same NB shoes that sold for $75-100+ shoes when they were released, they are just the previous years models or overstock.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2019, 10:01 am
Class of 20Something wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:34 am So my family went to SeaQuest last Tuesday on a whim. It was 3 of us, me, my wife and daughter who turns three this week.

It was a week night so we thought it would be opportune to be there without a crowd. So it was $52 with a few FEEDING TOKENS
Oh, no, when my wife and I go to Safari Park, we spend most of our money on feeding the anmials. How much were the feeding tokens and how much food did you get?
Is that the one near Lexington and Natural Bridge? If so, the family who runs it has been busted repeatedly for animal mistreatment/abuse at that site and every other zoo they own, which also includes the Natural Bridge Zoo.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Went to Sea Quest the other day ago. Liked it but at the price they charge for a ticket, charging an additional 10+ for tokens to do any on the interactive stuff just made it feel like a ripoff. I'd rather go to Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke or the two places in Natural Bridge, if they weren't terrible caretakers.

If you haven’t been yet I would definitely hold off on buying tickets when they go on sale online, they are good for one year after you buy them so you can just get them when they are on sale and use them at your convenience.
By Class of 20Something
Kolzilla41 wrote: March 5th, 2020, 7:57 pm Does any one know what the freestanding structure they're building next to Taco Bell is?
Dicks.

Their lease is up by target anyway. They're increasing sq ft significantly too. There will be two more stores connecting it to the mall proper.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]