Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm ballcoach and i got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott, which is a 14-minute walk to the stadium (.7 of a mile).
FIFY 8) :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:54 pm I can get 2 nights in hotel, and Enterprise Rent a Car for les than 500.00,
That’s because you are too chicken to fly. You also have no understanding on how booster clubs and fan outings work. “Opportunity Cost” is as Foreign to you as dating someone your age.

This is a pretty good deal. I’d like to see a hotel thrown in but I get it. It would have certainly been something I’d have been interested in had schedule permitted
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
The sunrail is cheap depending on where your staying as well as the LYMMO bus. I would just go to the church street station stop and walk to the stadium or get on one of pedicab bikes to the stadium. The area around the citrus bowl is a little nicer than this stadium. I would definitely plan out the parking situation before you head to Orlando.
Last edited by jack_sparrow81 on December 10th, 2019, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That reminds me, I hope we don't get caught up in the "dog and pony" shows, or the "bells and whistles " , that come with a bowl game. I have seen VT lose a bowl game because of outside distractions. Enjoy the experience, but don't forgot main purpose of trip.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm ballcoach and i got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott.
Purple, in all seriousness:
1. do you think I would trust Ballcoach as my driver for a 10-hour trip? :oldhag
2. do you think I would agree to eat at Burger King for every meal of the trip? :nonono
3. do you think Ballcoach would stay at a Marriott? :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 11th, 2019, 7:50 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm ballcoach and i got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott.
Purple, in all seriousness:
1. do you think I would trust Ballcoach as my driver for a 10-hour trip?
2. do you think I would agree to eat at Burger King for every meal of the trip? :nonono
3. do you think Ballcoach would stay at a Marriott? :nono
1 - if you each drove 5 hours
2- yes
3 - if you are paying :D
By BlueBird
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm We got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott, which is a 14-minute walk to the stadium (.7 of a mile).
You might be in enemy territory there, Jim. I know there's a bunch of us Eagles fans that booked there. Myself included.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:27 am
Cider Jim wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:34 pm We got a suite booked at the downtown Marriott, which is a 14-minute walk to the stadium (.7 of a mile).
You might be in enemy territory there, Jim. I know there's a bunch of us Eagles fans that booked there. Myself included.
Welcome to the board! Nice to see a Georgia Southern fan making their way over here.
By BlueBird
thepostman wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:29 am
BlueBird wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:27 am
Welcome to the board! Nice to see a Georgia Southern fan making their way over here.
Thank you! I look forward to discussing our upcoming game! Hopefully others will be coming over as well. Though a word of caution, some are less savory than others. lol.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BlueBird wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:27 am You might be in enemy territory there, Jim. I know there's a bunch of us Eagles fans that booked there. Myself included.
LU fans will be wearing RED. What colors will the good folks from GA Southern be wearing? :dontgetit
By BlueBird
Cider Jim wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:04 am
BlueBird wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:27 am You might be in enemy territory there, Jim. I know there's a bunch of us Eagles fans that booked there. Myself included.
LU fans will be wearing RED. What colors will the good folks from GA Southern be wearing? :dontgetit
Most of us will be in navy blue. But there may be some white shirts sprinkled here and there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 11th, 2019, 3:16 pm Still working to see if I can pull off making the game. My work is making it difficult.
I can certainly empathize with that. Hope you can work it out man.
By CCWMichael
I must admit I glare with envy at those of you going.
I certainly have the whole family that would go but a prior commitment must be honored.
I looked at every way to be back in Hershey PA by 2pm Sunday and nothing works.
I hope to hear great stories of the bowl experience and hopefully a win.

To everyone going, ENJOY the historic moment and I will still envy you all that day.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Our AD stated yesterday that we have been allocated 5,000 tickets. How many will we sell? I really hope we can sell 3,000. How many do you all think we will sell?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I just read where the LU students on the buses are staying at a YMCA camp!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was told tonight that as of 2 days ago, we had sold 2000. Liberty fans should buy a ticket, whether they are going or not.
We need to sell our allotment. This will help us in future seasons, for bowl selections.
By BlueBird
LUGrad2000 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:47 pm Our AD stated yesterday that we have been allocated 5,000 tickets. How many will we sell? I really hope we can sell 3,000. How many do you all think we will sell?
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:10 pm I was told tonight that as of 2 days ago, we had sold 2000. Liberty fans should buy a ticket, whether they are going or not.
We need to sell our allotment. This will help us in future seasons, for bowl selections.
Technically, the schools are contractually obligated to purchase a set number of tickets. So Liberty has already purchased 5,000 tickets. They then turn around and sell them to fans in order to recoup the cost. So I don't think if your fans don't end up buying all 5,000 that it would hurt you in future bowl selections. The bowls already get their money regardless. It's just can you make up the difference for your athletic program?

I don't believe it's as much how many tickets are sold (considering the school buys a set number anyway), but rather butts in the seat at the game that more affects selection. Bowls know they're going to get at least a set amount in tickets sold, but the more people you bring, the more money you can pump out into the community in hotel and restaurant sales and even in-stadium retail and food/beverage purchases.

I guess TL:DR version; yes it's important to buy tickets to support the program, but actually going to the game will help perception of the program in future bowl selections.

That's awesome that y'all have already sold 2,000! If I understand our situation right, Georgia Southern has 8,000 tickets to sell. As of 12/11 we have sold 3,155.

I actually just heard that the Cure Bowl has switched which sides of the stadium the teams will be on, and put Georgia Southern on the side that will be seen on tv (the "visitor's" side). Even though Southern is technically designated the 'home' team. That comes from being known to travel well as a fan base! :mrgreen:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Bluebird, with all due respect, why would both schools not have the equal number of tickets to purchase? That is to say, why would GA Southern have 8,000 tickets vs. LU having only 5,000 tickets?

Since this is our FIRST bowl game, we don't have a whole lot of experience in this area. Thanks for your insight.
By BlueBird
Cider Jim wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:22 am Bluebird, with all due respect, why would both schools not have the equal number of tickets to purchase? That is to say, why would GA Southern have 8,000 tickets vs. LU having only 5,000 tickets?

Since this is our FIRST bowl game, we don't have a whole lot of experience in this area. Thanks for your insight.
Honestly, I don't have a clue. I personally would have assumed that both schools be required to purchase the same number of tickets.

It could be that both schools, in fact, were required to purchase 5,000 and we took it upon ourselves to set a goal to sell 8,000. Or it could be that the bowl set us at 8,000 because of our reputation for travel.

I don't have any real insider info, and we're still sort of new to the bowl thing as well. Could be anything. I'm going to do a little more research on it, and I'll be happy to share if I find any interesting information!
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
A Sea of Red wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:49 am We're going to plan an ASOR meet & greet in Orlando for those that are going. Stay tuned for more details. We're looking at Friday night as of right now.
99% sure this will be happening at the NBC Sports Grill & Brew at 6000 Universal Blvd in Orlando on Friday, December 20 from 6-8p. This is at Universal City Walk, the same location as the Cure Bowl Pep Rally and Battle of the Bands happening from 5-6. Go to the Battle of the Bands, walk over to the ASOR meet & greet.

We're still working on finalizing all the details.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]