Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 12:30 pm 18,674 for the final game was good, considering that it was over Thanksgiving break.
*tickets sold
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 12:30 pm 18,674 for the final game was good, considering that it was over Thanksgiving break.
Couldn't have been more than 7-8 thousand bodies in stadium.
By VarsityLu
Chippy wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 2:30 pm
Couldn't have been more than 7-8 thousand bodies in stadium.
That's being generous. I was there and the entire student side was empty save the three rows up under the deck. And maybe three Jokers down front. I'd bet there were less than 6,000 people actually there.
By LUOrange
Thanksgiving/rivalry weekend with no rivalry is going to be rough o us for awhile. Throw in crappy weather and it's that much worse. I don't know what Athletics is doing to try and attract the community and new fans, but it doesn't seem like much. I hope I'm wrong, but the Bedford Boys tribute was awesome and it seems like their promotion of it was minimal. The canned food for $5 tickets was a good idea, but again, it seemed like the promotion was minimal.

As I've said before, I thiink the reserved GA should go away- just ID them as Baptist and students and 1st and 2nd levels. Invite local football & cheerleading teams & their families or youth groups for free on Thanksgiving weekend. Give first responders, military, & veterans and their families free admission on Thanksgiving weekend and/or ,Military Appreciation Day. Have the Football, MBB & WBB teams participate in local parades, especially the Lynchburg Christmas Parade. Just my 2 centa. I know they don't want to devalue their product, but if they're buying their own tickets anyway... Besides, eventualy with winning and newer generations, they won't have to do that for long.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Dream scenario that could fix the Thanksgiving Break game we tend to always have at home. Play BYU every year on conference championship day. Since neither one of us are in a conference this would work well and from the feedback I got when we played them their fans and AD would love to play us every year.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 10th, 2019, 11:39 am Dream scenario that could fix the Thanksgiving Break game we tend to always have at home. Play BYU every year on conference championship day. Since neither one of us are in a conference this would work well and from the feedback I got when we played them their fans and AD would love to play us every year.
Hmmm, this concept sounds familiar. :football :football
By tyndal23
To be fair, mine was Thanksgiving Day BYU neutral site - his might be more realistic - LU does a bye week thanksgiving and plays BYU home and home or even neutral - not as many eyeballs but still fixes the Thanksgiving issue.
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:40 pm To be fair, mine was Thanksgiving Day BYU neutral site - his might be more realistic - LU does a bye week thanksgiving and plays BYU home and home or even neutral - not as many eyeballs but still fixes the Thanksgiving issue.
You best believe if BYU is in the Bill for thanksgiving, I WILL BE THERE.
By Jonathan Carone
The real test will be when Army is Thanksgiving weekend in 2021. Is having a school people have heard about and respect a big enough pull to get the community out and to get students to come back early?

And in 2022 when Tech is the Saturday before Thanksgiving, will students stay for that or are they going to bail out on Friday afternoon?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd imagine for Tech, a lot of student will stick around but I guess you never know. I sure hope they do. The stadium will already be full of tech fans as it is.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:44 pm I'd imagine for Tech, a lot of student will stick around but I guess you never know. I sure hope they do. The stadium will already be full of tech fans as it is.
If the next two years are successful, I would wager the students cap out and students have to buy tickets weeks in advance to get in. They might open that up in preseason for the tickets.
By LUOrange
The safest predictions in the world for LU football is that we'll sell out vs. Tech in 2022, and if the Bill is still at 25K in 2027, we'll sell out for UVA.
By LUOrange
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:43 pm I don’t think it’s a matter of if we’ll sell out that Tech game. The question is will we have 7000 students or will they be overtaken by Tech fans.
I think they'll be there. But obviously, it'll depend on how well we'll be doing and if Freeze and his recruits are still here.

On a side note, I think they either need to fix the berm or go ahead and put seats in there and just tarp it off and use it as needed. To me, it's a waste right now. Sure it looks good, but it's obviously, way too steep to use.
By Class of 20Something
At the risk of sounding like bc.

Look at the berm in Scott Stadium. Sure it's real, mud. Sure it can sit peoole. But it's an eyesore. Let's keep be bill looking like a mini elite stadium. That includes capacity crowds. Exclusivity is better than inclusion.

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 6:54 am Was a soil sample done to determine if it's actually mud.......or something else.
Unlike Virginia Tech, there are no cows grazing on the hallowed grounds of UVa. Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]