Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I do not give a rats "tail" who we are playing .... WE ARE IN!
Just sad we will miss it due to a prior obligation we have. We have been attending this form years with friends.
https://cpyb.org/season/the-nutcracker

Now, if anyone can loan us a private aircraft we would purchase some tickets.
The stadium seating blows. Looks like one sideline for two teams. All the good seating right in the center go to bowl donors. Looking at bthe stadium I think it would be hard to find a bad seat.
Plenty of cheap tickets available but we would have been in on the 150 for best possible seating near the team (and food).
In really wish we were not missing this one. Amber (my daughter) is really bummed. Maybe next year :football

Congratulation Flames Football! Now go burn the Eagles.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:54 pm
lawrenceq wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:47 pm Kudos on getting a bowl game but I hate the matchup.
Fantastic matchup. Sun Belt was too good for us. Now we show them.
We need to make up for the drubbing Louisiana gave us. I'm really not that worried about the option. There's a new DC in town, and I'm confident we'll be prepared. GA Southern averages 260 on the ground, but only 333 in total offense. No passing game at all.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Two weeks to prepare. I would think coaching staff has some connections, to get scouting report on how to stop Georgia Southern.

I was on GA campus 2 or 3 years ago. Can't remember why I was there.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Those who cannot make trip to Orlando, should consider buying a ticket, and donating it to charity or military member. There's a program for this. It would boost our ticket sales, and help us build a reputation for strong bowl support.
By CCWMichael
After a little research we are not doing the soccer style sidelines. Teams will be opposite on the field.
Tickets for GS are better for them as they are mid-field on their side.
Also, anyone aware of how many tickets Liberty had to purchase contractually?
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:05 pm Those who cannot make trip to Orlando, should consider buying a ticket, and donating it to charity or military member. There's a program for this. It would boost our ticket sales, and help us build a reputation for strong bowl support.
Aka someone buy ball coach a ticket and donate it to him!
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:42 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:38 pm That was more a statement but back to bowl information discussion. I'm having an issue at the moment selecting flights and finding a hotel/air bnb. I wish we would know what hotel information/deals that Liberty will be presenting for hotels.
Maybe or maybe not having a background in this you will be better served financially going your own route if you are staying in an AirBnB etc. I’m sure The Cure Bowl has a hotel corporatize sponsor that has a reduced event rate as well.
Booked two two rooms, both with 2 queen beds, for $139 each at Crown Plaza. ! mile from stadium. Can cancel without penalty until 17th. Reserve with card, pay upon stay. Residence Inn was $104 but buy now, non-refundable.
By rtb72
Just John wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:42 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:38 pm That was more a statement but back to bowl information discussion. I'm having an issue at the moment selecting flights and finding a hotel/air bnb. I wish we would know what hotel information/deals that Liberty will be presenting for hotels.
Maybe or maybe not having a background in this you will be better served financially going your own route if you are staying in an AirBnB etc. I’m sure The Cure Bowl has a hotel corporatize sponsor that has a reduced event rate as well.
Booked two two rooms, both with 2 queen beds, for $139 each at Crown Plaza. ! mile from stadium. Can cancel without penalty until 17th. Reserve with card, pay upon stay. Residence Inn was $104 but buy now, non-refundable.
We got Double Tree right up the road. The parking was something I went ahead and booked after looking at the Cure Bowl website and some recommendations. Not crazy about the pricing on that though.
By sstaedtler
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:05 pm Those who cannot make trip to Orlando, should consider buying a ticket, and donating it to charity or military member. There's a program for this. It would boost our ticket sales, and help us build a reputation for strong bowl support.
I tried to do this, but it says I have too many login attempts failed and now it will not let me back in. Is this for students only? I didn't go to Liberty, but would purchase a couple tickets for military/others.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
A little pregame research shows that Georgia Southern gave up 241 yards passing per game. 3 teams we played gave up more passing yards than that and we went 2-1 against those teams(the 2 wins against Umass and New Mexico and the 1 loss against Syracuse). Offensively, I think we will be fine going against their defense. 2 things concern me: 1. Their option attack and how we have fared against that offense in the past. 2. due to their option attack we will not have as many offensive possessions so we must be really efficient.

And HCHF is 3-1 in bowl games.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 9th, 2019, 2:43 am A little pregame research shows that Georgia Southern gave up 241 yards passing per game. 3 teams we played gave up more passing yards than that and we went 2-1 against those teams(the 2 wins against Umass and New Mexico and the 1 loss against Syracuse). Offensively, I think we will be fine going against their defense. 2 things concern me: 1. Their option attack and how we have fared against that offense in the past. 2. due to their option attack we will not have as many offensive possessions so we must be really efficient.

And HCHF is 3-1 in bowl games.
This is absolutely a winnable game. But it is LU’s. First time so that could be a factor. IMO it makes it more appealing because this should be a competitive game. There is no secret what LU has to do to win. The question is, can they do it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:53 pm After a little research we are not doing the soccer style sidelines. Teams will be opposite on the field.
Tickets for GS are better for them as they are mid-field on their side.
Also, anyone aware of how many tickets Liberty had to purchase contractually?
Don't know the number, but if you look at the seating chart and the sections where they are selling tickets through the school, you could make a guestimate. I'd say somewhere between 5 and 10 thousand, and they can probably get more if they need them.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It should be a close, competitive game but I've been burned by LU for so long it is hard for me to be optimistic. But it is a new day at Liberty. Or so it seems.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
When teams have multiple weeks to prepare against the option the win percentage flips big time whether its season opener, coming off bye, or bowls.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When I watch a triple option team play, it reminds me of high school football. If it wasn't for military academies needing to run it, I'd like to see rules tweaked to put triple option team at such a disadvantage, that no one would use it in NCAA.
By ANorris
For those worried about the venue, Exploria Stadium is beautiful. I've been there for soccer games and there truly isn't a bad seat in the house. FYI one of the end zones is standing bleachers only, it is used for their supporters section. Another side note is that the upper deck is covered and makes for great cover from sun, rain, etc. Hope everyone that can make it enjoys!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:06 pm Ticket 50.00
Parking Pass 20.00
Hotel Room 89.00

all secured.
I have one better. TIckets to the Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning game Thursday night. I'll arrive Tampa at 4:20.pm and off to the game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ANorris wrote: December 9th, 2019, 10:15 am For those worried about the venue, Exploria Stadium is beautiful. I've been there for soccer games and there truly isn't a bad seat in the house. FYI one of the end zones is standing bleachers only, it is used for their supporters section. Another side note is that the upper deck is covered and makes for great cover from sun, rain, etc. Hope everyone that can make it enjoys!
I completely agree. It is a beautiful venue and I think people will enjoy watching a game there.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]