Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
The game is on the 14th? Is that right? I've seen the 21st other places.

Edit: looks like it has been updated in the article to the 21st.
Last edited by Kricket on December 8th, 2019, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Logic
BUT......we can’t go FBS without first having more success at the FCS level...AND we can’t go independent, it would be a disaster with NO BOWL GAMES FOR WHICH TO PLAY.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
At least LU has a couple of weeks to prepare solely for the Triple Option. Which is better than just having the traditional one week to prepare.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:52 pm BUT......we can’t go FBS without first having more success at the FCS level...AND we can’t go independent, it would be a disaster with NO BOWL GAMES FOR WHICH TO PLAY.
The fact you keep repeating this shows you don’t truly understand the arguments that were being made. But you enjoy your petty little attempts at “gotcha”
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I guess some people aren't right very often and feel the need to brag.

I've admitted, as have others, that I was wrong. Liberty had to do everything right and so far they have.

I'm glad I've been wrong and am enjoying the ride. If people feel like they need to remind others how right they were over and over again, feel free to do so.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:54 pm
lawrenceq wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:47 pm Kudos on getting a bowl game but I hate the matchup.
Fantastic matchup. Sun Belt was too good for us. Now we show them.
That option crap has been an issue for us.
By Logic
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:56 pm
Logic wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:52 pm BUT......we can’t go FBS without first having more success at the FCS level...AND we can’t go independent, it would be a disaster with NO BOWL GAMES FOR WHICH TO PLAY.
The fact you keep repeating this shows you don’t truly understand the arguments that were being made. But you enjoy your petty little attempts at “gotcha”

I’ll be saying “told ya so” for years to come. Never bet against Faith and hard, smart work. You’re old enough to know such things. From Treasure Island to portable suites brought in on a truck to Hugh Freeze and a BOWL GAME.

FAN EM
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Can anybody confirm which stadium this is?

I've heard that it's a soccer stadium that only seats 25,000; I've also heard that it's the Camping World staduim that seats 65,000.
By ForeverAFlame2012
Cider Jim wrote: December 8th, 2019, 5:37 pm Can anybody confirm which stadium this is?

I've heard that it's a soccer stadium that only seats 25,000; I've also heard that it's the Camping World staduim that seats 65,000.
It is the soccer stadium. It is where MLS Orlando City FC and NWSL Orlando Pride play at.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: December 8th, 2019, 5:35 pm

I’ll be saying “told ya so” for years to come. Never bet against Faith and hard, smart work. You’re old enough to know such things. From Treasure Island to portable suites brought in on a truck to Hugh Freeze and a BOWL GAME.

FAN EM
And yet you still don’t understand the argument
I’ll just refer you to my Counselor Postie for follow up
By DCAbloob
Cider Jim wrote: December 8th, 2019, 5:37 pm Can anybody confirm which stadium this is?

The Cure Bowl had been at Camping World, it moved to Exploria starting with this year’s game.
By LUDad

LU Saturday in Orlando, Marshall Monday in Tampa... :idea:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just wish we were playing a P5 team. When we played Army, we were not good at stopping triple option, but we did not get embrassed. If 2 plays had turned out differently, we probably would have won.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

FAN EM
Cool bro. You do you. I'm happy for this program and am fine with being wrong. I understand why I thought what I did and am still not sold independence is sustainable in the long term but I'm going to enjoy the moment.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:15 pm

FAN EM
Cool bro. You do you. I'm happy for this program and am fine with being wrong. I understand why I thought what I did and am still not sold independence is sustainable in the long term but I'm going to enjoy the moment.
Thank you Counselor. Compelling argument Study :D
By cruzan_flame13
That was more a statement but back to bowl information discussion. I'm having an issue at the moment selecting flights and finding a hotel/air bnb. I wish we would know what hotel information/deals that Liberty will be presenting for hotels.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:38 pm That was more a statement but back to bowl information discussion. I'm having an issue at the moment selecting flights and finding a hotel/air bnb. I wish we would know what hotel information/deals that Liberty will be presenting for hotels.
Maybe or maybe not having a background in this you will be better served financially going your own route if you are staying in an AirBnB etc. I’m sure The Cure Bowl has a hotel corporatize sponsor that has a reduced event rate as well.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]