The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Today is national signing day for softball. I will post info on our new recruits later.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:33 pm Today is national signing day for softball. I will post info on our new recruits later.
It's the first day of signing week for most college sports, including basketball, which a lot of us actually care about.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Keep those posts coming, Ballcoach. The Old Men's Club cares. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:33 pm Today is national signing day for softball. I will post info on our new recruits later.
It's the first day of signing week for most college sports, including basketball, which a lot of us actually care about.
Everyone should care about softball. (along with football, basketball and baseball). Don't specialize in just one sport)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm
oldflame wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Everyone should care about softball. (along with football, basketball and baseball). Don't specialize in just one sport)
Who are you talking to?

I "care" about all Liberty sports, but my level of interest varies greatly. When it comes to signing day, the order would be:

Men's Basketball
Football
Baseball
Women's basketball
Softball
Anything else

To be honest, it drops off A LOT after football. That's just me. Unlike some, I don't believe in trying to impose my priorities on others.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My order:

Softball
Football
Baseball
Basketball Men
Basketball Women
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Magan Hodum, McKenzie Wagoner, Raye Green and Mary Claire Wilson signed today.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Megan Hodum outfielder Selmer. TN

McKenzie Wagoner, pitcher. Newcastle, OK

Raye Green, 1B-P, Crewe, VA

Mary Claire Green, SS-3B, Vestavia, AL

As a junior, Wagoner was 19-0, with 6 no-hitters, and allowed 1 run, which was unearned.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 10:30 pm Megan Hodum outfielder Selmer. TN

McKenzie Wagoner, pitcher. Newcastle, OK

Raye Green, 1B-P, Crewe, VA

Mary Claire Green, SS-3B, Vestavia, AL

As a junior, Wagoner was 19-0, with 6 no-hitters, and allowed 1 run, which was unearned.
On paper it looks/sounds like Wagoner is the ace pitcher we've been looking for Dot to sign for the last 5 years. Hope that plays out on the field.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 13th, 2019, 4:11 pm Keep those posts coming, Ballcoach. The Old Men's Club cares. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
Doesn’t sound creepy at all
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here's the article about Dot's incoming freshman class for fall 2020:

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... _X5p5uaD7E

It looks like the second best pitcher in the class will instead be playing infield for us. :dontgetit Coach me up, Ballcoach.

Raye Green has these kinds of pitching stats (but she will an infielder): 17-2 record, 0.493 ERA and 144 strikeouts.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 20th, 2019, 9:13 pm Here's the article about Dot's incoming freshman class for fall 2020:

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... _X5p5uaD7E

It looks like the second best pitcher in the class will instead be playing infield for us. :dontgetit Coach me up, Ballcoach.

Raye Green has these kinds of pitching stats (but she will an infielder): 17-2 record, 0.493 ERA and 144 strikeouts.
First thought is she must be a heckofan infielder. Second is that, while we haven't seen it much since Dot has been our coach, it's not unusual at all in college softball for a pitcher to play a position when they are not on the mound.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 21st, 2019, 7:23 am Many college position players pitched in high school.
With this kind of an ERA??? 0.493
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Dot Richardson Softball Camp was held at LU yesterday. 118 players were in attendance. There were several good prospects , including 1 LU commit, who is a junior in HS. She's a power hitting first baseman.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]