Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, that is my most ballcoach type post ever. I am not very proud of it and immediately regret posting it but will leave it instead of deleting it but it is pretty embarrassing.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I quickly remembered the place I loved in Tampa sold a Large for around 22 or 23 bucks. I haven't found a place around here I liked as good as that place.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Will someone create a list/grid with potential sites including dates, locations and proposed opponents? This would be helpful when trying to figure out potential travel.
By Jonathan Carone
SumItUp wrote: November 17th, 2019, 5:32 pm Will someone create a list/grid with potential sites including dates, locations and proposed opponents? This would be helpful when trying to figure out potential travel.
From what I could find earlier, the four most likely are:

Cure Bowl - Orlando - December 21 - 2:30 Eastern

Boca Raton Bowl - Boca Raton - December 21 - 3:30 Eastern

Belk Bowl - Charlotte - December 31 - 12 Eastern

Birmingham Bowl - Birmingham - January 2 - 3 Eastern

That means we'll plan for those four and it'll be something else.
By LUOrange
The Belk Bowl is the one I want the most as CLT is only 3-4 hours from the Burg. I also personally love going to CLT as well. However, I just don't see it, as it's too prestigious of a Bowl in my mind, and Buffalo is our quality win. Maybe had we taken care of business against Rutgers and BYU, I'd think differently. But then again, what do I know.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Cure Bowl and Birmingham Bowl seem to be the favorites of the bowl projectors. Both locations are good. Florida for the weather, and Birmingham for Alabama.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I prefer the temperatures in Boca Raton, but if it's in Birmingham, I'm chartering a bus and filling it up.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Boca Raton has better weather, but Birmingham much closer to Lynchburg. I believe Boca Raton is 870 miles and Birmingham is about 600. Plus Lodging much cheaper in Alabama than Florida.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2019, 4:53 pm @Purple Haize, my main question is why are you spending 25 bucks for a pizza!!?? It must be the high end stuff!
Ledo’s
Large Extra Cheese Bacon Half Sausage half Pepperoni.
By LU 57
Class of 20Something wrote: November 17th, 2019, 9:51 pm
thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2019, 4:53 pm @Purple Haize, my main question is why are you spending 25 bucks for a pizza!!?? It must be the high end stuff!
High end pizza is always worth it.
Ledo’s high end?? :dontgetit

Have not had it since I lived in Baltimore but I was never crazy about it.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
After going to Italy, pizza over here just hasn't been the same (not to say its not good, but its just not the same).
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: November 18th, 2019, 2:52 pm What does pizza have to do with a bowl game ?
Well those of us that purchase tickets have to weigh the cost of ticket pricing versus high end, elite quality, pristine ingredient pizza. I can’t slow do the thread for you, you’ll have to keep up. I know you can.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
We really need an upset Saturday for a legitment shot at a bowl game. Im seeing a lot of projections that don't include us even with a win against NMSU.
By chris leedlelee
While I think we will still make it with a win over NMSU, I do believe that we do need a statement win. While we have had a great year, our best win is to Buffalo. Not exactly something that will grab a bowls attention.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Best thing going for us is:

It will be our 1st bowl game in history, if we qualify.

That will be a better attraction, than some 6-6 team from some mid major conference, or even some teams from a power 5 conference. Especially if bowl game is in the south.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]