This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good convo speakers lined up this week.

Donald Trump Jr. Wednesday and Nikki Haley Friday. I may make an appearance at convo this week.

Best lineup this year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Just don't hunt at opening up the floor for a Q&A, Trump Jr gets a bit bent out of shape.

Nikki Haley should be interesting. Trump's kids don't really move the needle for me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m a fan of future President Haley
By Jonathan Carone
Definitely Don Jr.

I’d typically be ok with Haley, but given that she’s on the support Trump tour and combining it with the same week as Don Jr makes it part of the gross. Just too much politics when there are so many other things we could be exposing our students to.

We had a sweet spot from like 2012-2015ish where we had a great rotation of pastors, speakers, and entertainers with a sprinkling of politics. The different types of guests were well balanced then.
By ElmersTwin
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 11th, 2019, 10:20 pm Definitely Don Jr.

I’d typically be ok with Haley, but given that she’s on the support Trump tour and combining it with the same week as Don Jr makes it part of the gross. Just too much politics when there are so many other things we could be exposing our students to.

We had a sweet spot from like 2012-2015ish where we had a great rotation of pastors, speakers, and entertainers with a sprinkling of politics. The different types of guests were well balanced then.
Wednesday's lineup is a copy and paste from CPAC in March. Jerry's gotta finish the semester strong I guess...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 11th, 2019, 7:57 pm Gross.
Do you mean Don Jr’s Girlfriend?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:37 pm Any thoughts on the whole "I hate everybody" comment?
Was that a trump jr. statement?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 9:27 pm
rhezick wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:37 pm Any thoughts on the whole "I hate everybody" comment?
Was that a trump jr. statement?
I have no idea. I mean context and author would be helpful. Maybe even a transcript or video/audio clip?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Trump Jr was making a joke and said he hated eveyebody equally. It was a joke and not a big deal.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 14th, 2019, 2:17 pm Trump Jr was making a joke and said he hated eveyebody equally. It was a joke and not a big deal.
Sounds in character with the family.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean it wasn't a funny joke but he wasn't being serious.

There are legit things to be critical of when it comes to that family, why people continue to focus on petty things will always baffle me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 14th, 2019, 4:09 pm I mean it wasn't a funny joke but he wasn't being serious.

There are legit things to be critical of when it comes to that family, why people continue to focus on petty things will always baffle me.
Yeah, he’s not as clever as he thinks he is. He’s certainly not his father
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 14th, 2019, 4:09 pm I mean it wasn't a funny joke but he wasn't being serious.

This right here!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Nikki Haley 2024!!!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In 2020 we need Trump to win, and get a GOP controlled House and Senate. Then make an all out effort to destroy every liberal agenda there is.

Make America Great Again
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Trump will get reelected but you're living in a dream world if you think the Republican party can control the house and the Senate.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
ATrain wrote: November 15th, 2019, 7:11 pm Nikki Haley 2024!!!
Or 2020?👀
I wish
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 16th, 2019, 9:10 am Trump will get reelected but you're living in a dream world if you think the Republican party can control the house and the Senate.
Yeah...he lives in a dream world!
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]