If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Is anyone else getting some bizarre ads on the ASOR pages like ear wax removal and women's fashion sites? Is there a way to block them?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They are goolge generated ads typucally based on your web history. So either you, or someone from your house probably has looked into the stuff.

To block them all you have to do is click the x on the top right corner of the ad and then click on stop seeing ad.

You may have to do that a couple of times but it should help.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Thanks dude. It is a shared laptop between my wife and I so that explains the women's fashion stuff. I asked her about the earwax and she said "EWW!" lol
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Also, just added ad block extenson via Firefox. Seems to be helping so far.
By Class of 20Something
Kolzilla41 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 4:00 pm Also, just added ad block extenson via Firefox. Seems to be helping so far.
Real talk, you should white list some of the small websites you like. Ads generate money for the site. I use uBlock Orgin everywhere except for ASOR and the N&A.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 10th, 2019, 12:40 pm
Kolzilla41 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 4:00 pm Also, just added ad block extenson via Firefox. Seems to be helping so far.
Real talk, you should white list some of the small websites you like. Ads generate money for the site. I use uBlock Orgin everywhere except for ASOR and the N&A.
Perfect. Just did this.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok start off by saying love the site. content is second to none, but lately browsing has become absolutely maddening.

I'm accessing almost exclusively on 1 of 2 devices: iphone 6 or chromebook

Its nearly impossible to browse on either, due to CONSTANT ad loading and page shifting - to the point where i cant even get the cursor to stay on a line. shifts up and down relentlessly making me motion sick with the text and ads jumping all over and popping up constantly

I cant be the only one with this problem. somebody help a brother out
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That constant pop-up ad at the bottom of the page is expecially irritating, because it covers up about third of the screen, and I'm constanting having to "X" out of it every few seconds.

Can that particular type of ad please go away???
By Jonathan Carone
PAmedic wrote: October 20th, 2019, 2:03 pm ok start off by saying love the site. content is second to none, but lately browsing has become absolutely maddening.

I'm accessing almost exclusively on 1 of 2 devices: iphone 6 or chromebook

Its nearly impossible to browse on either, due to CONSTANT ad loading and page shifting - to the point where i cant even get the cursor to stay on a line. shifts up and down relentlessly making me motion sick with the text and ads jumping all over and popping up constantly

I cant be the only one with this problem. somebody help a brother out
I feel like this has gotten even worse this week.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How so? I was just thinking the other day how I thought the ads were much more responsive than when the new ad platform was rolled out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 5th, 2019, 7:38 pm How so? I was just thinking the other day how I thought the ads were much more responsive than when the new ad platform was rolled out.
If I could post a screen shot I’d show you. There’s more ad content than board content. I have a big banner ad under ASOR banner Then two smaller separate ads one on top of the other at the bottom. The pain in the patooty is when you try to tap on a forum and an ad loads just as you tap and you go to the ad instead of the board
By Jonathan Carone
Any time I click on a post it takes 3-4 seconds to load and the page jumps around 5+ times while ads are loading.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is so odd. I haven't experienced that in weeks. It's hard to go to the people who wrote the ad code when myself and Jon can't replicate it on our end.

So if you are experiencing issues with ads take screen shots and email me at jgray.asor@gmail.com.

We can try to gather some data to provide to our ad partner and go from there. Sorry it's been an issue and we will work on trying to get it corrected.
By Class of 20Something
Difficult to replicate, but when I click on a post, especially going to the most recent, the post link is useless. The board loads properly, then the ads file in and move everything around immediately. They do not load in unison with the rest of the content and it has taken away from the user experience, IMO.
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:37 pm Difficult to replicate, but when I click on a post, especially going to the most recent, the post link is useless. The board loads properly, then the ads file in and move everything around immediately. They do not load in unison with the rest of the content and it has taken away from the user experience, IMO.
I sent Posty a couple videos of that earlier tonight. If I weren’t so addicted to this place, it’d frustrate me enough to not come around a lot.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:01 am Thanks for the info. Is this only happening on mobile devices?
Well I only use iPhone and iPad to access this content so yes to both of those. I sent a screen shot to Mr Wizard
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:01 am Thanks for the info. Is this only happening on mobile devices?
It happens on my desktop as well, though not as severely.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We will get some of the data we have received over to our ad partner and see what they can do. Thanks to those who provided some insight. I haven't experienced these issues myself so it was good to get that data.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm Any time I click on a post it takes 3-4 seconds to load and the page jumps around 5+ times while ads are loading.
All this.

To the point where I’m so sick of mis -clicking onto ads, I don’t come on as often anymore

Sorry not sorry
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Also I inadvertently like or dislike posts unintentionally and can’t always undo it or don’t notice. So sorry in advance for that
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Just as an update, I'm currently working with our new ad provider to improve this. Let me know if it starts getting better (or worse) for you.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]