If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: September 25th, 2019, 9:32 am
LUAlum1215 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 7:10 am Game times were announced yesterday. Any idea why the Trinity Baptist game on Dec 2 is a 10pm tip-off? I know ESPN used to do a 24 hour bracket buster deal but this would be too early in the season for that.
Classes resume after Thanksgiving break the next day. My guess is they are thinking the late start time will have more students on campus and looking for something to do.
By Jonathan Carone
Wouldn't class start back on the 2nd since that's a Monday? I've never heard of us starting classes back on a Tuesday.
By Jonathan Carone
We put reading day the Monday after Thanksgiving instead of the day between classes and exams? That's dumb.
By Jonathan Carone
LUAlum1215 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 7:10 am Game times were announced yesterday. Any idea why the Trinity Baptist game on Dec 2 is a 10pm tip-off? I know ESPN used to do a 24 hour bracket buster deal but this would be too early in the season for that.
SGA asked for it. Students wanted a late night game and Ritchie went with it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 25th, 2019, 10:02 am We put reading day the Monday after Thanksgiving instead of the day between classes and exams? That's dumb.
Let's face it, Monday will be a travel day for most of the students. Hopefully they get their reading done over break.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
On a related note, did anyone see the news this week that the University of Lynchburg will be the only D3 team in the country to have a game on ESPN3 this year?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm On a related note, did anyone see the news this week that the University of Lynchburg will be the only D3 team in the country to have a game on ESPN3 this year?
I did, but I only care about their tennis teams!
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm On a related note, did anyone see the news this week that the University of Lynchburg will be the only D3 team in the country to have a game on ESPN3 this year?
Great for UL. They are doing some good things behind the scenes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Our MBB team needs to get in touch with Steven Crowder's lawyer Bill Richmond and get their twitter back up.

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU received votes in AP pre season poll. We're at 42nd tied with Alabama and 2 others I believe.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Generally, pre-season polls don't mean much. For Liberty, it shows respect for a program that was ranked in the 300's for multiple seasons before the return of RMK.

:clapping :clapping
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What a program turn around RM has engineered. It's amazing to see us get this kind of respect. Well deserved too.
By PAFlame
oldflame wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 4:28 pm KenPom has us favored to win all but one game this season (LSU).
https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-favor ... to-kenpom/
The school needs to enjoy this period of success, because many schools only have this once and some never. This team will be in the Top 25 at some point this year but also need to be wary of the target they will have on their backs and not get cocky about it. It is still the A-Sun and one slip up in the conference tournament or somewhere in the season would keep the team away from an at-large.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
ballcoach15 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 9:48 pm Does anyone know if we have a pre season exhibition game this season ?
We've had one closed scrimmage so far, details of that scrimmage have been posted to the rumor mill.

Another closed scrimmage is scheduled for Saturday.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I don't think ballcoach was asking about the "secret" scrimmages. More likely whether we are having an exhibition like the hurricane relief games we have played recently. Since Dorian missed us, it looks like thankfully we won't.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, although Dorian devastated parts of the Bahamas, Nassau was pretty much unscathed, and the tournament we are playing there is very much on. Still haven't decided if I'm going,
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Game On season preview.

They make some interesting predictions without stepping out on any limbs. One I found interesting/curious is that Shiloh Robinson will make a significant impact. I know he has been impressive, but I'll still be surprised if he doesn't redshirt. VERY PLEASANTLY surprised, because that would mean he is good enough to legitimately compete for minutes with Scottie, Myo, Blake Preston and Kyle Rode, which would make us deeper and better than expected.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need to be careful with predictions. I recall last season when Lipscomb was predicted to win "everything". I believe they ended up in NIT.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 1st, 2019, 3:22 pm We need to be careful with predictions. I recall last season when Lipscomb was predicted to win "everything". I believe they ended up in NIT.
You make predictions here all the time, and some of them were evidently not made very "carefully". If you go back and read what I posted, you will notice that I said the Game On guys did not "step out on any limbs".
Translation: They were careful (which doesn't mean they will be right.)

As far as Lipscomb is concerned, all of those predictions were true, right up until the conference final. Yes they ended up in the NIT........................................... and they d***n near won it. Should have been an at large team in the NCAA.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]