Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully, this will be a fun post. Unfortunately, I will not be traveling to any of the home games this year. I've had club seats since the tower was opened. I was going to go to the Syracuse game, but had to cancel my flight today. Normally, I sell the extra seats, but I'd like to give them away. If you want them, create a post explaining why you want them or why you should be selected. If it goes well, we'll do it all season and maybe increase the number of tickets for a future game.

The rules

1. I make the rules. I can change the rules. 8)
2. You must be a Flames Club member at any level to enter. Name and Flames Club membership must be verified if you're selected.
3. Create a post with your story if you are a Flames Club member.
4. Winner will be selected on Thursday. If the winner is unable to attend, another name will be selected.
5. Individual can only be selected once during the season.
6. If there are any inconsistencies in the rules, please refer to #1.

Go Flames! :football
Can I enter for my in-laws for the last game? It's the only game she's allowed to go to this year. My MIL just got done with her Bone Marrow Transplant and can't be around her grandbabies. Thanksgiving is her 6 month mark of new immune system where she can be around the kids again. She was diagnosed last August and spent last season in Chemo.

They bought tickets with us in 15, 16, and 17.

Military appreciation is always her favorite too.

All our tickets are accounted for that game, but it would be a treat to tell them they can come up too!

Thanks for your generosity dude. I'd have trouble parting with those seats.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm a Flames Club member, and if I won the tickets, I would give them to LU professor Karen Prior and her husband who are from upstate New York. Dr. Prior was hit by a bus (literally) 2 summers ago, and has made a great recovery, speaking across the nation at various conferences.

https://brnow.org/News/May-2018/Karen-S ... king-in-Na

Last week Dr. Prior asked if anyone had any Club Seats available, so she is the first person I thought of when I saw your post. She's a widely published author, and I'm sure she would give you some autographed copies of her books for 2 Club Seats! Her husband is a shop teacher and golf coach at Amherst High School.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Wow this is awesome. Thank you.

I typed out an entire story about why I should get the tickets but deleted, bc I agree with Cider, Dr Prior deserves getting the free tickets. Especially if her husband is asking. She has been through so much, and represents our school so well in her field. Would love to see that.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
BUMP - Cool opportunity. Maybe ASOR with one of their twitter accounts can help get this thread going a little better. 2 free club tickets to the best visiting opponent in VA this season, in what will be a historical game! Prior has a good shot, but I am sure there are some fans out there that can come up with a good story as to why they could use the tickets.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:55 pm BUMP - Cool opportunity. Maybe ASOR with one of their twitter accounts can help get this thread going a little better. 2 free club tickets to the best visiting opponent in VA this season, in what will be a historical game! Prior has a good shot, but I am sure there are some fans out there that can come up with a good story as to why they could use the tickets.
Done!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I will rewind and give it a whirl, maybe Prior can get on here and write why she deserves them locking in her 1st place.

I have been a season ticket holder for a few years, I am on the West Side, bench back reserved. Last year, the 87 year old Janitor from my work was talking to me about the VT and NotreDame Game. He was a 45+ year VT season ticket holder and decided to give up his tickets when his wife passed. He mentioned that Notre Dame coming to blacksburg was a game he had always wanted to see. So my office took up a collection and we bought two nose bleed seats for Sherman, and I took him to the game. We tailgated and had a big time. The cheerleaders even delivered him a care package right before kickoff.

Sherman and I developed a nice friendship where we talk college football at work several times a week, I told him he needed to get to a Liberty Game, and he said he would absolutely love to go. Sherman called me two weeks ago and asked if I could take him to the Syracuse game, and I said I would hunt him a ticket and he could go. My family is using our four season tickets, and I am looking for Sherman a GA ticket. If we got those two club tickets, it would be the coolest experience for this sweet man, and it would be good for him. He wont have to sit out in the 90 degree heat. So, I would love to have Sherman ride up to the game and have a great experience at LU. He worked the scoreboard for Virginia tech games in the 1940s when both teams would take a train to victory stadium. Very cool guy, and hopefully he can spend his late career as a college football fan as a Flame.

I will donate my one extra season ticket at the gate if we get these two.
By rtb72
LU has been an educational blessing to many current military and vets. I for one was blessed to be able to attend as a veteran. LU has established itself as a true supporter of our military...past and present. I would love to see these tickets go to a 'Wounded Warrior Alumni".
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 26th, 2019, 11:32 pm I'm a Flames Club member, and if I won the tickets, I would give them to LU professor Karen Prior and her husband who are from upstate New York. Dr. Prior was hit by a bus (literally) 2 summers ago, and has made a great recovery, speaking across the nation at various conferences.

https://brnow.org/News/May-2018/Karen-S ... king-in-Na

Last week Dr. Prior asked if anyone had any Club Seats available, so she is the first person I thought of when I saw your post. She's a widely published author, and I'm sure she would give you some autographed copies of her books for 2 Club Seats! Her husband is a shop teacher and golf coach at Amherst High School.
+1
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a Flames Club member (thanks to the new job I hope to change that before football's end), but I completely agree with CIder on this one. Dr. Prior became a very good friend after she signed me into her English class as an undergrad, and given what she went through, this would be a perfect gift for her and Mr. Roy
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Cider, if Dr. Prior and her husband are Flames Club members at any level or become members this week, I will give 2 Club tickets to them.

The idea of having a contest to give away tickets sounded good when I typed out the message. In retrospect, I wish I had done it differently. I have now decided to donate 2 additional Club tickets for the Syracuse game and 4 of the 5 games after the opener. These are being given to Jon & ASOR to give away. I did ask that the tickets only be given to someone that is or becomes a Flames Club member. ASOR can do it publicly or privately.

I know there are some other Club members on this board. If you have tickets you're not going to use in future weeks, consider giving them to ASOR.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:14 pm Cider, if Dr. Prior and her husband are Flames Club members at any level or become members this week, I will give 2 Club tickets to them.
Thank you! :clapping Dr. Prior has agreed to join the Flames Club tomorrow by calling Taylor McGee in the Flames Club office. How do we go about getting those Club tickets to Dr. Prior and her husband?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 28th, 2019, 10:11 pm
SumItUp wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:14 pm Cider, if Dr. Prior and her husband are Flames Club members at any level or become members this week, I will give 2 Club tickets to them.
Thank you! :clapping Dr. Prior has agreed to join the Flames Club tomorrow by calling Taylor McGee in the Flames Club office. How do we go about getting those Club tickets to Dr. Prior and her husband?
Thanks Cider Jim. Please check PMs.
To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently a Flames Club Member and, have been a supporter of Flames Athletics on and off since I was a Freshman in 1989. Back then, the Flames Club, was known as the Talon Club. I think back then, there was approximately 50-100 members

I would like to use the two club seats, one for myself and another fellow alumni, who lives in Virginia Beach Virginia.

He has not been to a Liberty Home Football Game in years. I would like to surprise him, with this gift.

He is struggling, just to pay his student loans. He passed the bar exam in Virginia however, he is not able to be licensed, because of the student loans.

He would be greatly surprised, that he could be up on the club level.

Below, is confirmation of my

Greg,

Thank you for your recent pledged gift of $300.00 to the Flames Club in support of the 2019 Liberty Flames Annual Fund.

You are helping to ensure that our 560 student-athletes develop as Champions for Christ, receive a world-class student-athlete experience, and achieve victory with integrity.

Please access your Flames Club account by visiting LibertyFlames.com/FlamesClub and selecting My Account in the upper right corner. You can use this account to purchase tickets, review order history, or register for events.

If you have any questions, please email us at FlamesClub@liberty.edu.

Thank you again for joining our team -- GO FLAMES!

Gregory Scott Keene
Rosedale, Maryland
443 400 6265 Cell

:football :football :football
By GSKSOCCER
Registration Days Posts
GSKSOCCER wrote:To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently a Flames Club Member and, have been a supporter of Flames Athletics on and off since I was a Freshman in 1989. Back then, the Flames Club, was known as the Talon Club. I think back then, there was approximately 50-100 members

I would like to use the two club seats, one for myself and another fellow alumni, who lives in Virginia Beach Virginia.

He has not been to a Liberty Home Football Game in years. I would like to surprise him, with this gift.

He is struggling, just to pay his student loans. He passed the bar exam in Virginia however, he is not able to be licensed, because of the student loans.

He would be greatly surprised, that he could be up on the club level.

Below, is confirmation of my

Greg,

Thank you for your recent pledged gift of $300.00 to the Flames Club in support of the 2019 Liberty Flames Annual Fund.

You are helping to ensure that our 560 student-athletes develop as Champions for Christ, receive a world-class student-athlete experience, and achieve victory with integrity.

Please access your Flames Club account by visiting LibertyFlames.com/FlamesClub and selecting My Account in the upper right corner. You can use this account to purchase tickets, review order history, or register for events.

If you have any questions, please email us at FlamesClub@liberty.edu.

Thank you again for joining our team -- GO FLAMES!

Gregory Scott Keene
Rosedale, Maryland
443 400 6265 Cell

:football :football :football
By rtb72
I don’t have club seats.... but I do have premium reserved, and they r yours and your buddy’s if u want the. PM me. We r n the burg already and plan on getting on campus about 3pm. I can pm u my cell number and we can meet. Section 104, BB, aisle seat 22....21,20
By GSKSOCCER
Registration Days Posts
I will be at the Flames Club Pre-Game Meal. Are you? Would be a good place to meet. I am usually, at the beginning of the line
By GSKSOCCER
Registration Days Posts
The entrance, near the Baseball Stadium, before the pre-game meal.
By GSKSOCCER
Registration Days Posts
Can you send me your cellphone number. I don't know how to retrieve PM. on this site
By rtb72
GSKSOCCER wrote: October 18th, 2019, 11:51 pm To my cellphone number
Hey GSKSOCCER! Just sent you all my info via text and left a message for you. Hope it will work out. Go FLAMES!!!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]