The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Who's driving? I'm considering making the trip, but I'm NOT eating at Burger King. :nono Fishin' Pig for me, if I go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My sources say that said professional bus/van driver is not a big fan of Burger King (thank God).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So you're up for trying a restaurant other than Burger King if the softball conversation is good?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, hasn't the game been changed to 4:00 on Thursday?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have now seen 3 different game times: 4:00, 6:00 and 6:30. I will attempt to check with ALL my sources tomorrow to verify actual game time.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 14-12. Trailed 7-1 after 1st inning. We hit ball good. Hudson, Ruiz and Sweat each had 3 hits. Megan Johnson pitched 9th and 10th inning. 6 up,6 down.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 7:27 pm LU wins 14-12. Trailed 7-1 after 1st inning. We hit ball good. Hudson, Ruiz and Sweat each had 3 hits. Megan Johnson pitched 9th and 10th inning. 6 up,6 down.
Pitcher's duel! We'll miss DiMartino and Cassady.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TF and I got Ballcoach to eat somewhere other than Burger King! Fishin' Pig had a 30 minute wait, but the half price catfish basket on Thursdays was well worth it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When Cider got into the van, I noticed he had a sheet of paper in his hand. I thought he had printed off the LU softball roster, but it was a Fish n Pig Menu.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I knew Ballcoach and TF would coach me up on LU softball; my job was to coach you and TF up on the half price catfish basket for only $5.75. TF passed, and you failed for paying twice as much for only a catfish sandwich & fries.

If Purple would have known that it was also live Jazz night at Fishin' Pig, he might have joined us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 18th, 2019, 9:54 am I knew Ballcoach and TF would coach me up on LU softball; my job was to coach you and TF up on the half price catfish basket for only $5.75. TF passed, and you failed for paying twice as much for only a catfish sandwich & fries.

If Purple would have known that it was also live Jazz night at Fishin' Pig, he might have joined us.
I’m more of a blues guy myself
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 18th, 2019, 10:25 am PH should have attended game to be coached up on softball.
OR I could have worked at my job that helps pay my mortgage etc. Tough choice but I opted for being a responsible adult
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Time management doesn't mean normal people can cut away from work multiple times a year. If I was self employed it may be easier. Military life doesn't quite work that way and there are many other jobs that don't either.

But trolls like to troll.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
To get a heads up on what we'll have for 2020 season. After watching fall ball, I predict our hitting and defense will be better than in past seasons. I like our freshmen class.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Pitching will be down though. And pitching is close to everything in softball. Man, I still cringe at what a missed opportunity last season was.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 19th, 2019, 6:52 am Pitching will be down though. And pitching is close to everything in softball. Man, I still cringe at what a missed opportunity last season was.
We didn't hit last season. There were 3 spots in lineup that produced very little offense, in addition to not getting good RBI production from "RBI spots" in lineup.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 18th, 2019, 10:17 pm Why in the world would someone other than a parent take off work to watch a scrimmage?
I hear ya. It’s hard enough to juggle my schedule to get to scrimmages I HAVE to be at with a sport I actually care about
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]