This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 5:08 pm What do you guys think about Trump saying “gd" multiple times at his recent rally? I thought he was a Christian or whatever?
Yeah. Christians never cuss. F’ing unbelievable.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: August 12th, 2019, 4:18 pm jimmy dore is the best leftist voice beside glenn greenwald.
I agree. Besides actually being funny (unlike Noah, Bee, etc.) he seems to be fairly consistent and actually makes an effort to support his position, which is certainly far left, as in Bernie and AOC territory. He has as much or more disdain for "moderate" dems as he has for the right.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I held my nose and vote for Romney and MCCain. I would never vote for Romney or Lee in the future. I hope its 6 more years before I have worry about It. :evil:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 5th, 2019, 4:18 pm I held my nose and vote for Romney and MCCain. I would never vote for Romney or Lee in the future. I hope its 6 more years before I have worry about It. :evil:
I was such a huge Romney fan. Massive. My disappointment with him is hard to swallow
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think I am more disappointed about how he seems to go back and forth on the Trump thing. Taking the side he deems most popular at the time.

I am tired of all the Trump stuff. If the media would just shut up then it would make it tougher for Trump to win reelection. Instead they hear the keys jingle in his pants and they jump around like the world is going to end which is exactly how he wants them to react. How else will he keep rhe ridiculous us vs them movement going? It's pretty sad to watch.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 5th, 2019, 6:33 pm I think I am more disappointed about how he seems to go back and forth on the Trump thing. Taking the side he deems most popular at the time.

I am tired of all the Trump stuff. If the media would just shut up then it would make it tougher for Trump to win reelection. Instead they hear the keys jingle in his pants and they jump around like the world is going to end which is exactly how he wants them to react. How else will he keep rhe ridiculous us vs them movement going? It's pretty sad to watch.
As I posted elsewhere the issue has become the constant drum beat. Everything from his odd speech patterns, to two scoops of ice cream to Big Macs at White House celebrations to Russia are all impeachable offenses according to the Media types of CNN NYT Democrats etc.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I wonder how many jobs bains captail helped offshore. He's a globalists who wants to "Make Romney Great Again". Not America.
By LUDad
adam42381 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 5:08 pm What do you guys think about Trump saying “gd" multiple times at his recent rally? I thought he was a Christian or whatever?
If I had to pick between a mediocre Christian heart surgeon or a world renoun heart surgeon to operate on me, guess which one I would choose. As long as Trump advocates for most things that my world views aligns with and gets the job done, abet, in unconventional ways, more power to him.
By LUDad
LUDad wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:25 pm
If I had to pick between a mediocre Christian heart surgeon or a non-Christian world renoun heart surgeon to operate on me, guess which one I would choose. As long as Trump advocates for most things that my world views aligns with and gets the job done, abet, in unconventional ways, more power to him.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 9th, 2019, 1:07 pm Trey Gowdy is coming onboard the president legal team.
:clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Worst move of his Presidency. The Kurds are fierce fighters and second in loyalty to the US to only Israel, and it’s close. No group is “all that”. But when things went to hell in a hand basket in Iraq in 06ish the Kurds were doing fine. When ISIS came to be thanks to Obama the Kurds had our back again, I was optimistic last year when Trump kid letting more modern military equipment stay in Kurdish areas. I thought having a small force their to help train and act as a deterrent was great. This move? This move is awful. I’m trying to find a reason why. I would be ok if I heard a couple of things were going on behind the scenes but I am not. I do not in anyway support this move at the moment
By Class of 20Something
I openly admit I am less than informed on this issue.

My time in the military did make an isolationist out of me, though. I default to no intervention. I grew up with 9/11 and enlisted 10 years later when I could and we still hasn't killed Bin Laden at that point. So, I mean this genuinely,

Why should the United States put our military members lives on the line here? Why isn't this an indefinite war like the the others we've been fighting?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I like to lay bible prophecy over current events in situations like this. It's only way to understand what's going on sometime. Bible indicates Russia, Turkey and Iran advance on Israel through Syria. Damascus ends up totally distroyed.

Other than God moving His timeline along it makes little since.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: October 10th, 2019, 6:53 am I openly admit I am less than informed on this issue.

My time in the military did make an isolationist out of me, though. I default to no intervention. I grew up with 9/11 and enlisted 10 years later when I could and we still hasn't killed Bin Laden at that point. So, I mean this genuinely,

Why should the United States put our military members lives on the line here? Why isn't this an indefinite war like the the others we've been fighting?
Because they put their lives on the line for US soldiers when no one else would. The question I ask is why are we in non Kurdish controlled areas of Syria? We have reports from soldiers stationed in Syria about the with drawn troops from Kurdish areas talking about massacres. I don’t care if Iran Syria Turkey ISIS etc fight it out. I don’t think we should have troops in any part of Syria not controlled by the Kurds. It’s not a good look or message to those in the region who would support us
I also don’t buy the “endless wars” line of reasoning. I didn’t know their was an expiration date on America’s loyalty. Did we leave Europe after WW 2? Why didn’t we just let France get overrun by Russia? The Kurds had abided by every thing we had asked them to do in regards to ISIS and Turkey. And we repay them by leaving them. Not even air support. What should they do with the 10k ISIS prisoners they have? Oh great the US took 2. The world is saved!! I’m not sure just shooting them all would not be the easiest fix. That way they won’t come back to kill them.
This is wrong on so many levels
By chris leedlelee
I have supported Donald Trump for a while and am very sympathetic to the isolationist leanings of his, and even I understand how bad of a move this is by Trump. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Having 100 US troops there keeping the peace is worth preventing the reemergence of ISIS and chaos in the region. To properly honor those who gave their lives fighting ISIS, it is only proper that we see this through and bring the conflict to a conclusive end, not abandon our only allies in the conflict and allow the war to heat up again.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Also I notice the “International Community “ doing exactly 0 to help the Kurds or the situation. Which is why when they do weigh in on issues concerning US Policy I give their opinion exactly the same consideration. 0
By Jonathan Carone
This week we've learned there are two things that can unite the left and right:

1) Trump pulling out of Syria
2) The NBA bowing to China
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
This guy is interesting

JD FARAG WAS BORN IN BEIRUT, LEBANON TO AN EGYPTIAN FATHER AND PALESTINIAN MOTHER AND IMMIGRATED TO AMERICA IN 1963. IN 1988 HE MARRIED HIS WIFE, KELLIE, IN SPOKANE, WASHINGTON AND MOVED TO HAWAII WHERE THEY STARTED THEIR FIRST BIBLE STUDY IN 2004. BEING A STRONG SUPPORTER OF ISRAEL, HE STUDIES BIBLE PROPHECY PERTAINING TO THE MIDDLE EAST AS WELL AS CURRENT PROPHETIC EVENTS. IN ADDITION TO HIS SERMONS HE ALSO DOES A WEEKLY PROPHECY UPDATE.

https://calvarychapelkaneohe.com/prophecy-updates/
By chris leedlelee
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 10th, 2019, 12:57 pm This week we've learned there are two things that can unite the left and right:

1) Trump pulling out of Syria
2) The NBA bowing to China
Agreed good sir. The NFL thought they could take the title of the most controversial league, but the NBA swooped in and took that title.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 10th, 2019, 12:05 pm Also I notice the “International Community “ doing exactly 0 to help the Kurds or the situation. Which is why when they do weigh in on issues concerning US Policy I give their opinion exactly the same consideration. 0
Israel might step up. Hang on if they do. They condemned the invasion today.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]