Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

UNM-Lobos-10_694f6b12-5056-a36a-091f16779216765f.jpg
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico

UNM Football Official Site

UNM Fan Football Board

Head_Coach_Bob_Davie.JPG.jpeg
Bob Davie
8th Season as UNM Head Coach

2019 Record
  • Overall .......... 2-1
    Mountain West ............. 0-0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hoping Frith gets to play this game and starts to be a consistent threat opposite AGG by Rutgers game. Their d is porous but we can’t be sloppy. This years D seems to play hard for 4 quarters and we should avoid that near 2nd half collapse of last year. That said - they have their offense playing much better coming in to this game than they did a year ago. Let’s pad some stats and get AGG a lead on Balitnikoff. ( correct my spelling BJ )
Dalegarz1 wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 3:29 pm So will I along with entire family. Is it still okay to tailgate in the field across from the hockey rink? Is that restricted at all? Thanks for the help.
Good to go. They’ve actually attempted to designate parking area by painting the grass. It’s not working really, but the paint is there lol
A couple of odd stats on the Lobo's offense. They are 4th in the NCAA in yards per completion, but 100th in passing efficiency and complete well under 50% of their pass attempts. Apparently Dailey is dialing up a lot of deep routes. They scored 55 last week against NM State, but that was actually the second fewest points the Aggies have allowed this season.
the early spread is 7.5 points.

A couple of stats to consider:

- since Syracuse we are averaging 445 yards per game and 37 points per game and buck shot has 7 Td's and 1 pick with a 65% completion over those last 3 games. He has only been sacked 6 times since the Syracuse game where he was sacked 7 times!

-Tevaka Tuioti can do damage with his legs as he is averaging 8 yards per rush on his 8 rushes this year. Two games and his completion is only 54%. Last year against us Tevaka ran 6 times for 42 yards and before he got hurt completed 6 of 14 for 57 yards and a pick.

-The biggest stat is just how bad New Mexico's D is! Basically giving up 50 points a game and basically 550 yards! Sam Houston St. threw for 443 yards and rang up 558 yards on them. Then New Mexico State threw for 335 and put up 489 yards(NM State before this game only averaged 302 yards of offense).
This QB terrifies me. Our safeties and corners better play their butts off. Lots of speed at WR, and good backs. This is the best QB we have seen by far. This is how I see Bennett/whomever - run an HF offense. He made some incredible throws on the run, extremely accurate and can run when he has to. We are going to have to play well for 4 qtrs - these guys can put up points quick. Condensed Game link below avianst NMSU.
More great content from Manson...

NEW MEXICO GAME CRITICAL FOR FLAMES’ BOWL HOPES

Hugh Freeze wrote:“We have a great challenge, I’m glad it’s at home. Our crowds have been good, we need them to be great this Saturday night. We really need everyone to be here from the student body, to our fans, to the Flames Club. It’s going to be an exciting night, and I think you will see a real exciting football game between the two of us.”
I think this will be a much more competitive game than some think. I am hoping for a great crowd on Saturday
I know I'm jumping ahead a week here - but I don't want to start a thread for NM State. just yet.

Does anybody here have FloSports? I'm thinking about getting it so that I can see NM State and UMass games. Can you cast the game from an iPhone to a Chromecast/Smartcast TV? (which is how I watch ESPN+) Is month to month billing from first day of month to last day of month, or do you get 30 days from whatever day you sign up? If its the later, I may delay getting it until a day or two before the NM St. game so that I get both games inside a 30 day window. Thanks in advance for any insight.
BlueBlood wrote: September 24th, 2019, 3:47 pm I know I'm jumping ahead a week here - but I don't want to start a thread for NM State. just yet.

Does anybody here have FloSports? I'm thinking about getting it so that I can see NM State and UMass games. Can you cast the game from an iPhone to a Chromecast/Smartcast TV? (which is how I watch ESPN+) Is month to month billing from first day of month to last day of month, or do you get 30 days from whatever day you sign up? If its the later, I may delay getting it until a day or two before the NM St. game so that I get both games inside a 30 day window. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Last year, LU worked out a deal with FloSports to have the games with NMSU and UMASS simulcasted on LFSN/LU Roku channel and one of the local Lynchburg channels (the local WB old WDRL channel i believe).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]