Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We take care of business and got a ton of playing time for the young guys.

Bring your thoughts here!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m glad I stayed home and watched it and the WVU game on the ESPN+ thingy
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Deondre Francois is potentially the best QB we will play all year aside from maybe Bryce Perkins(who is a true dual threat monster).

Just some food for thought in regards to our first 4 games and how many points per game we have given up compared to last year:

2018 - 34.5 ppg allowed and 480.5 yards per game allowed
2019 - 25.75 ppg allowed and 431 yards per game allowed

We wanted improvement defensively and we have gotten it and I believe it will get better!

What if. . . we are 7-2 going into BYU?????
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It would have been great if ODU had beat the boo Hoos.

Our pass defense was not good tonight. Too many open receivers.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:44 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:38 pm It would have been great if ODU had beat the boo Hoos.
Better for LU that they didn’t.
That is probably true. But I still despise them.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:44 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:38 pm It would have been great if ODU had beat the boo Hoos.
Better for LU that they didn’t.
That is probably true. But I still despise them.

I wonder did the boo hoo fans storm the field tonight.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 21st, 2019, 9:44 pm I’m glad I stayed home and watched it and the WVU game on the ESPN+ thingy
I got the $6 Flamethrower nachos, and I went looking for you to give you a sample. Since you weren't there, I gave Big Smooth your portion. Those new nachos are definitely FBS ready. They were actually maybe the best nachos of my life. :shock:
By Class of 20Something
I was underwhelmed with the nachos. The chips were just outright oversalted.

My wife however wanted the fries with the nachos cheese from the Wing counter. Goodness me. I would still be eating them if they kept plates coming.
By PAFlame
Next 5 games include an FCS team we should beat and literal dumpster fire bottom of the FBS programs. If we can’t win all 5 games then there is something wrong.
By tyndal23
Easy PAFlame...just exactly where do you think we are? 1st Year official FBS - new system, coach who has been away from more practices than he has been at... 1 game at a time. FCS - top 10 team, P5 means just that - P5 - ton of athletes ranked way higher than ours, regardless of cellar dweller label. Can we do it - Yes - if we don’t - that doesn’t mean something is wrong. We just beat the tick out of a team that went on to beat Temple, who beat MD - the reality is Buffalo came off the road against Penn St who they led at half - got beat up 2nd half - then had to regroup and travel again to LU and lost with every call going against them and LU hitting on all cylinders - is Buffalo a bad team ? No - they had the deck stacked against them and made a lot of mental errors, bounced back and beat a very good Temple team. UNM has more talent than we do simply by being FBS for longer - are they a better team - i don’t think so - can they beat us - yes 45 percent of the time. And so on and so on...
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote: September 21st, 2019, 11:07 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 21st, 2019, 9:44 pm I’m glad I stayed home and watched it and the WVU game on the ESPN+ thingy
I got the $6 Flamethrower nachos, and I went looking for you to give you a sample. Since you weren't there, I gave Big Smooth your portion. Those new nachos are definitely FBS ready. They were actually maybe the best nachos of my life. :shock:
Where are you getting those exactly? I think I need to try those next week.
By Class of 20Something
LU 57 wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 6:03 am
Cider Jim wrote: September 21st, 2019, 11:07 pm
Where are you getting those exactly? I think I need to try those next week.
They were in seperate carts on both sides of the stadium. Both south of the 50.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Where is this Wing Cart thing you talk about
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In his radio post-game interview, Buckshot said that Bennett's injury was to his tibea. That would be consistent with them air casting the leg before taking him off. That could actually be good news long term as compared to something like an ACL tear, but he is out for the season nonetheless. As I mentioned earlier, the fact that they went to Pop to run the RPO at the goal line instead of him was a pretty strong signal he was going to be red-shirted anyway, but of course that likely would have changed quickly if anything happened to Buckshot.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In addition to AGG now leading the NCAA in receiving yards, Buckshot has moved up to 18th in passing yards and 13th in yards per completion. Pretty remarkable considering a couple of weeks ago we had people here saying he should be benched for a True FR who was 2-5 for 11 yards.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Buckshot has turned things around for sure. Credit to him for not giving up and pushing through. Having Hugh Freeze down in the sideline has certainly helped too. He is able to make adjustments and understand better how to put his QB in a position where he feels most comfortable.

It's been fun to see.
By tyndal23
Yes, much more fun to see. We really need to get our run game going 1st quarter to avoid getting in shoot outs with equally or less equal talented teams. I know HF RPO system,screens aren’t part of it, but with a pocket passer who is night and day different when pressured - we need to make teams pay early who bring the house against him. Scouting LU - not much of a run threat, bracket AGG and sell out on pressuring QB - that will be the game plan until we force it to be otherwise. We might be able to give him enough time this coming stretch of games, but Rutgers, BYU, UVA, that will certainly be their game plans.
By chris leedlelee
tyndal23 wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 1:36 pm Yes, much more fun to see. We really need to get our run game going 1st quarter to avoid getting in shoot outs with equally or less equal talented teams. I know HF RPO system,screens aren’t part of it, but with a pocket passer who is night and day different when pressured - we need to make teams pay early who bring the house against him. Scouting LU - not much of a run threat, bracket AGG and sell out on pressuring QB - that will be the game plan until we force it to be otherwise. We might be able to give him enough time this coming stretch of games, but Rutgers, BYU, UVA, that will certainly be their game plans.
Fully agree. With teams that we outmatch in the trenches, our offense can get rolling and score enough points to win. However, in the Syracuse and UL game, Buckshot was pressured and AGG was blanketed, so our offense stalled. The Power 5 programs that we play are going to know this, and we need to prepare accordingly.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 7:29 am Where is this Wing Cart thing you talk about
It's a full location with 4 points of sale on the student side. Southernmost concession under the grandstand.
So the student side has FOUR wing places, and the Baptist side doesn't have any? Old guys like wings, too. Am I right, Purple?
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 3:26 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 7:29 am Where is this Wing Cart thing you talk about
It's a full location with 4 points of sale on the student side. Southernmost concession under the grandstand.
So the student side has FOUR wing places, and the Baptist side doesn't have any? Old guys like wings, too. Am I right, Purple?
It's one location with four checkout stations.
By CCWMichael
As all I loved the win. I really enjoyed watching the youngins play. Granted mistakes were made and I will not call them out at this stage in their time here at Liberty because they are youngins. This is a part of the game I love. Why? I will enjoy seeing how they improve down the road. GO! FLAMES! :football
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]