This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I read the article.
You said:
The part I liked the most was Jerry is the only college President whose phone.number is in Casey’s cell phone. That says something

I am asking you what that says
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 18th, 2019, 8:50 am I read the article.
You said:
The part I liked the most was Jerry is the only college President whose phone.number is in Casey’s cell phone. That says something

Oh, I thought you were asking what the article said. When I read that Casey has Jerry's phone number and he answers his calls, I knew article would not be a negative liberal article like most . Apparently Casey and Jerry have a connection with each other.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 18th, 2019, 9:17 am He doesn’t know what satire is.

Quick someone provide him with A Modest Proposal. I need to know what he thinks.
The problem we are having now is that the person who usually does his homework for him because he’s not smart enough to do it himself won’t touch this thread with a 10’ pole. So he is on his own.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 9:11 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 18th, 2019, 8:50 am I read the article.
You said:

Oh, I thought you were asking what the article said. When I read that Casey has Jerry's phone number and he answers his calls, I knew article would not be a negative liberal article like most . Apparently Casey and Jerry have a connection with each other.
Ballcoach, this article was written in tongue and cheek. The writer used his platform to mock Jerry Jr and his supporters. I am not sure how to explain this to you more clearly. Does this help at all?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 9:54 am When I get time , I will go back and read it again.
So EVERYONE who has read the article is telling you it is satire (ask Cider he will tell you what that means) but somehow you think you need to re read the article to see if those observations are correct? So you want to see if you can understand something you don’t understand
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: September 19th, 2019, 8:10 am Dan Casey is as liberal as they come. complete jagoff. i love that the "so-called ball coach" doesn't get it.
#fraudcoach
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 18th, 2019, 1:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 9:54 am When I get time , I will go back and read it again.
So EVERYONE who has read the article is telling you it is satire (ask Cider he will tell you what that means) but somehow you think you need to re read the article to see if those observations are correct? So you want to see if you can understand something you don’t understand
Not everyone. I received a telephone call alerting me to the article. The caller said that " Roanoke Times has published an article favorable to Liberty."
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Apparently a Christian activist group is trying to make waves with this. I'm not sure what a criminal probe will really do. I just would love for Jerry to have an honest, open dialogue with someone who will challenge him. These types of things will only convince him that he is simply being attacked because of his political views.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna10 ... ssion=true
Faithful America is a left-of-center group that was founded in 2004 and affiliated with the National Council of Churches of Christ.
By Jonathan Carone
I know nothing of this writer, but this quote stuck out to me:
No, he's definitely not a pastor. But here’s the thing: a Christian university doesn’t need a pastor at the helm. It just needs a principled follower of Christ. Just a decent person with a little humility and wisdom.
https://www.al.com/opinion/2019/09/the- ... gA9Eunf7EY

Those four sentences sum up my feelings pretty nicely.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good find. I wish this would stop being about Trump. Everything doesn't center around politics. There are plenty of anti Liberty people making this political as well so it is easy for the conservative news outlets and Jerry to beat the drum. It makes it easier to do that instead of answering to the real concerns.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Or...
If you want the mantel of a Leader in the Evangelical Movement there will be certain expectations that go along with it
By Saint Augustine777
Liberty 92 Graduate, Went to Law School (Samford U) and Practicing attorney for 20 years and am now back at LU for a MA in Theology/History Degree on a semi sabbatical from the practice of law.

Jerry is doing a fine job. I worked in politics and this is a hit piece that is IMO politically motivated by folks whose concern for the school is the last thing on their mind. While I don't always approve of Jerry's methods, people have said the same thing of me. We all suffer from imperfections, we are all human and we are all sinners, saved by grace.

I for one will not judge the man for his faults, and I approve of the results. The School is on solid footing for the first time I can recall.
By Saint Augustine777
That would be a terrible defense.

That was not my defense, if you were referring to me. I don’t think Jerry needs defending.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I agree that the news articles are probably politically motivated. At least a little bit but there are certainly a good portion of people, who are Trump supporters, that aren't a fan of how Jerry represents Christ and Liberty University.
By Thirdbase
Since the articles were published, Jerry has publicly addressed every accusation except one: the culture of fear. It’s real. I like Jerry and I love LU, but we don’t work at a Christian school anymore; it’s a cut-throat business run mostly by unqualified administrators. To survive, we shake our heads and laugh at the absurd leadership, quietly behind closed doors. At most other colleges, the culture is one of respect and professionalism. Not here. LU faculty are dedicated to the students but embarrassed at how the academics are managed by those who believe the bottom line is what matters most.
By Saint Augustine777
Jerry has the typical attorney caustic personality. I don’t think that reflects who he is as a person. It may not be pleasant to be on the receiving end of that persona, but the trains run on time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]