This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 4:47 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:07 am

Now that hes had several days to think about it will ballcoach finally answer?
This must be question PH keeps referring to:

Does anyone know what's actually in the glass ? It could be water, tea, orange juice, Gatorade or another non alcoholic beverage. Back in my younger days, I was at some places and since I did not drink alcoho
Ic drinks, I would drink water or tea in the glass.
Throwing aside that the prohibition against drinking alcohol is a man-made, not a God-made rule. You bring out an excellent point.

Some people will want to believe that it is in alcoholic beverage, so in their mind it will be an alcoholic beverage. Nothing will change their mind. You just correctly pointed out that we don't know what is in the drinks. You can order virgin drinks at almost any bar.
I have refrained from this as I did not see it firsthand but I have been told by more than one person that certain members of Jr's family have been intoxicated publicly, at a wedding reception. If that is true, water and tea doesn't cause that. Becki also posted pictures on FB with alcohol on the table from their home when Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughan visited around the time of the graduation they both briefly spoke at.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The leader of a Christian organization is going to be held to a higher standard, and rightfully so, than I am. That is the nature of it. More eyes are on him, especially young ones. College aged kids just trying to figure out life. Seeing the leader of their Christian college using the kind of language he uses fo insult those he disagrees with and using deceptive language when asked very direct questions, makes it much easier for kids under his leadership to justify a ton of behavior that could be destructive.

That is the reality of the position Jerry is in. Again, if he isn't prepared to handle those kinds of expectations, Liberty probably isn't the school to be leading.

"If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea"

Matthew 18:6
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Spin

:BS

Spin

Spin.....

I'll leave you with this. JR is a man. He isn't God. He isn't perfect. He has made some mistakes and has done some things that I disagree with. The same goes for President Trump. God knows that I've made my own share of mistakes. I never claimed anything to the contrary. I do find it interesting that there is a great deal of cross-over between self-described "never-Trumpers" and the people who are now targeting JR. They impose one set of standards on the President and JR that they themselves don't hold, and then go out and tell people that they should support avowed communists and those who would put Christians in cattle cars because they are so committed to their own sense of moral superiority.

I have a BIG problem with that.
So who let the Commie and Christian-killer advocates into the forum? :shock:

We are supposed to take people like this serious? What a joke.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 15th, 2019, 10:49 pm
makarov97 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Spin

Spin

Spin.....

I'll leave you with this. JR is a man. He isn't God. He isn't perfect. He has made some mistakes and has done some things that I disagree with. The same goes for President Trump. God knows that I've made my own share of mistakes. I never claimed anything to the contrary. I do find it interesting that there is a great deal of cross-over between self-described "never-Trumpers" and the people who are now targeting JR. They impose one set of standards on the President and JR that they themselves don't hold, and then go out and tell people that they should support avowed communists and those who would put Christians in cattle cars because they are so committed to their own sense of moral superiority.

I have a BIG problem with that.
So who let the Commie and Christian-killer advocates into the forum? :shock:

We are supposed to take people like this serious? What a joke.
I take anyone who wears a tinfoil hat seriously.
By House on fire
The attempts to make this about Trump, alcohol, and Photoshop are laughable. And no one expects Jr. to be perfect. To exhibit humility and repentance? Yes. But not to be perfect.
"It's business" doesn't excuse condescension or denying someone value because they disagree with you. Even my non-Christian co-workers would expect better. His inability to handle disagreement without lashing out is extremely troubling - especially because he holds all the power .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Here is what I learned
Junior was never at the Wall because he never said he wasn’t.
Even though there are pictures of him there they are not real because they had to be blown up using photoshop
Junior has never consumed alcohol because I have never actually tasted any of the liquids that he has consumed just prior to them entering his mouth. Even if there was a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hands I can’t be sure that there really WAS Jack Daniels in there as opposed to say iced tea
Any criticism or disbelief in Junior means that I hate Trump and want to put Christians into box cars.
Which obviously bolsters the argument that there is no heavy handed tactics or atmosphere of fear and intimidation at LU
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 9:41 pm
ATrain wrote: September 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm Ok, so Jr. never technically denied being at the club, and we don't know what was in the glass, although those glasses they were holding are typically used for alcoholic drinks. I Thesslonians 5:22 says "Abstain from all appearance of evil."
That assumes alcohol is evil. It isn’t. Jesus made wine (not grape juice, wine) and Paul told Timothy to drink alcohol for his stomach problems.

The Bible condemns drunkenness, not drinking.
When the Liberty Way was written, it also assumed alcohol was evil. There is also the argument that Proverbs 23:10 condemns drinking. The Liberty Way forbids the consumption of alcohol for students, and it more or less condemned being in nightclubs while I was there. Personally, I do not think it is sin and do not care whether or not Jerry Jr. drinks. If he does, though, it sets a bad precedence for students: "Do as I say, not as I do."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for making my points. Junior never said he was there either. So he obviously wasn’t because the only picture of him there was digitally altered
Love the consistency of trying to tac on Trump to this. At this point I’m just thoroughly entertained by the absurdity of your arguments and the suspension of disbelief you expect others to engage in.
No one really cares if he was at the Club or not
No one really cares if he was drinking or not
What people do care about is him being coy and misleading in regards to it all. You verbal gymnastics could not provide better examples
Now if you’ll excuse me apparently several box cars full of Christians have run off the track and are being besieged by Mormons. That’s a heck of a mess right there
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Apparently not now. I believe the FBI is going to show up to take my MAGA hat away
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Meh at this point it’s a joke to some of us. Seeing how far the defenders will go. I can see the absurdity in it. I may or may not have been caught doing things and tried to weasel my way out of it playing silly word games. I of course grew up and own (most of) my actions now. It’s fun being on the other side and seeing how desperately silly it looks
By Thirdbase
What’s absurd is the attention in this thread spent on photos and alcohol. The real travesty is that LU upper management treats faculty and staff like sh**. Something’s gotta change, and it’s not drinking and dancing rules.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 16th, 2019, 12:49 pm Thank you for making my points. Junior never said he was there either. So he obviously wasn’t because the only picture of him there was digitally altered
Love the consistency of trying to tac on Trump to this. At this point I’m just thoroughly entertained by the absurdity of your arguments and the suspension of disbelief you expect others to engage in.
No one really cares if he was at the Club or not
No one really cares if he was drinking or not
What people do care about is him being coy and misleading in regards to it all. You verbal gymnastics could not provide better examples
Now if you’ll excuse me apparently several box cars full of Christians have run off the track and are being besieged by Mormons. That’s a heck of a mess right there
:D :D :D
By Jonathan Carone
Thirdbase wrote: September 16th, 2019, 7:00 pm What’s absurd is the attention in this thread spent on photos and alcohol. The real travesty is that LU upper management treats faculty and staff like sh**. Something’s gotta change, and it’s not drinking and dancing rules.
It’s classic deflection. Jerry is doing exactly what Trump does when he’s under attack. He changes the subject to something else that is polarizing to distract you from the real issue.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 16th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Thirdbase wrote: September 16th, 2019, 7:00 pm What’s absurd is the attention in this thread spent on photos and alcohol. The real travesty is that LU upper management treats faculty and staff like sh**. Something’s gotta change, and it’s not drinking and dancing rules.
It’s classic deflection. Jerry is doing exactly what Trump does when he’s under attack. He changes the subject to something else that is polarizing to distract you from the real issue.
I’ve brought several of my posts back to that point. But I can only do so much as I print McMuffin for Prez and load Baptists into box cars. Apparently guys and girls have to be separated by at least six inches. Really messes up inventory
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There was a good article in Roanoke Times Saturday, written by Dan Casey, defending Jerry. Everyone should read it. I can't post a link, but one can google "Roanoke Times Jerry Falwell Jr., and it will pop up on screen.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]