This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:11 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:09 pm What is the vibe on campus towards all this? I have absolutely no connection to students anymore and they're obviously not posting on here.
Not student related but r/LibertyUniversity is on fire right now
I try to mention the forums over there from time to time in hopes current students come over here. So far I am not sure it is working.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:22 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:38 pm
For 21 years, I have maintained an impeccable reputation for documenting Miami Beach’s storied social scene.

We wholly reject Jerry Falwell Jr.’s baseless allegation in yesterday’s Politico report by Brandon Ambrosino that one of our pictures was “photo-shopped” or manipulated in any fashion.

We, in fact, did not know Politico’s purpose for licensing the image and were as surprised as anyone to discover that Mr. Falwell was among the partygoers we photographed on July 19, 2014 at WALL Lounge.

I can't even imagine how bad the music is in that club.

As a result, we reviewed all the images we have from the event and discovered an additional four photos that include Mr. Falwell and two more of his son.

— Seth Browarnik, founder World Red Eye
https://worldredeye.com/2019/09/rebuke- ... e-article/
They’ve now updated the post to include the other family members who were there. Here are the rest of the pictures taken that night. I’m pretty sure a lot of us would have gotten in some serious trouble at LU if we went to this club.

https://worldredeye.com/2014/07/john-dahlback-at-wall/
By Jonathan Carone
That op-ed reminded me of one of Doc's most famous quote:

If it's Christian, it ought to be better.

This isn't about if Jerry broke any laws or if he was legally allowed to do the things he's doing. It's been shown over and over he operates unethically and unbecoming of a Christian, much less a Christian leader.

It's not enough to just check the boxes.

It should be above reproach.
If I could high five you right now Jonathan I would. I thought of that same quote from Doc and then I thought of 1 Peter 1:15, "but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in your conduct." This behavior is not pursuing holiness which all Christians are called to pursue. I would love nothing more than to see Jr. publicly repent of his sin and step down from his position. This would be good for his soul as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 9th, 2019, 5:44 pm Re:the board

They may be speaking anonymously to see if they can gauge their collective reactions. "coming out" as one gets them DeMossed. This could let them find out if they have the votes they need without outing themselves.
Someone mentioned him earlier ..... and he and Romney are friends and never Trumpers. I'm surprised BYU signed up to play us in football :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: September 11th, 2019, 5:42 pm Image
""President Jerry Falwell Jr. said he's asked the FBI to investigate a "criminal conspiracy" against him that he alleges has been orchestrated by disgruntled former board members and employees of the evangelical Christian college.

Falwell said Tuesday he has evidence the former members shared emails belonging to the Lynchburg, Va., university with reporters in an attempt to damage his reputation.""
Just trying to figure out who that might be. Your guess is as good as mine :lol:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jerry-falwel ... university
By rtb72
Seems to me, with the changes in his tweets, he might be in a little panic mode...IMHO. Of course the damage control has started on his end....but the damage being done in his attempt only makes him look more foolish.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I wonder what legally can be done regarding the emails. It seems a rather murky legal position but I could be wrong. Yes LU servers were used but if they were sent to John Doe then aren’t they partially theirs? Has anyone anywhere shared any contents of any email to someone not associated with L.U? Say an acceptance letter? A reference letter? A forwarded file? If John Doe sends an email to a Professor at Oral Roberts and the Oral Roberts Professor responds, then who does the email belong to in Juniors thought process? LU? ORU? I’m not sure how anything was stolen
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 11th, 2019, 11:38 am
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:23 am
Just John wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:19 am

"Ashley Reagan". Michael Reagan named his daughter the same so Reagan had a granddaughter with the same name. :) Not that we knew that when we named her.
I have no idea who that is.
My daughters name is Ashley Reagan. Hope that helps with the “yikes” factor. :roll:
Who that is refers to the last person mentioned in your post. Learn English, genius.
By ElmersTwin
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:04 pm Also - does the FBI have to take on the case? Is it even under the FBI jurisdiction? Who is paying for the meanest lawyer in New York - Jerry or the school?
To answer your last question, probably my cost of living increase. :wink:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I wrote a long reply to this last night and for some reason, it didn't show up. It was late, so I could have done something wrong.
I am going to try and make this real short.
1. The author of this piece rally doesn't use any names. If someone provides information, but won't allow their name to be used, it is most likely :BS .
2. I think Jr's ego needs to be reeled in substantially. Don't think his dad would be real happy regarding the current situation.
3. We are rapidly becoming Wake Forest, TCU, Baylor, etc. Christian in name only. I love LU and this breaks my heart.
4. Jr. has done an excellent job with the endowment and his skill set is certainly more in the business side of the University.
5. I have an adult beverage almost every day, sometimes multiples. I don't see anything biblically wrong with it. However, I am very disappointed that Jr. consumes alcohol in local public restaurants. As a Chancellor of a Christian university, I do think it shows very bad judgement at a minimum.

Again, I love LU. I hope my kids and grand kids go there some day. I don't think Jr's reaction to this situation is being publicly well received and regret that. I think it was a mistake. I would like to see Jr. get through this and reel in some of the perceived/real ego stuff. We will see. It is not my dads LU, but it is a fine line to walk. Prayers.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]