If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really like this quote from Coach:
Ritchie McKay wrote:“I think it’s a falsity that you can take a team, especially a team that people liked or appreciated, that won (29) games and just replace the players that are leaving with new players or existing players to play the same role,” Coach McKay said. “(It’s) not possible. I’m old enough in this profession to not even try to do that. Every team is different, and every player has a different set of skills that we deem as valuable.”
Having RM's wisdom on the sideline certainly is an asset. I am so glad that he is the guy who is leading this program.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's strange to me that in everything I have read about the prospects for next year there has been absolutely no mention of the 2 FR who redshirted last year, Blake Preston and Josh Price. Based on Ritchie's statements last year prior to the decision to redshirt him, Preston would have been ahead of Newton on the depth chart. Price has his limitations, but I keep hearing he is the best pure shooter on the team, and when you have shooters like Georgie, Cuff and Keegan, that is saying something. My gut feeling is that Preston will play a significant role.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It certainly appears we have some depth but there are question marks with that depth. But you're right oldflame, I haven't seen a lot of talk about Preston or Price which is interesting.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Based on what I've heard, I wouldn't anticipate Price having much of a role this season. Preston will play it's just a matter of how many minutes there are for him. Myo and Scottie are ahead of him as is Rode who could eat into some minutes at the 4. The coaching staff is very high on him and his potential though. I've shared some of this on Club, but I don't mind sharing here as well - everyone has been pleasantly surprised and pleased with Shiloh Robinson. He still may end up redshirting, but it's not 100% certain anymore.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:24 am Based on what I've heard, I wouldn't anticipate Price having much of a role this season. Preston will play it's just a matter of how many minutes there are for him. Myo and Scottie are ahead of him as is Rode who could eat into some minutes at the 4. The coaching staff is very high on him and his potential though. I've shared some of this on Club, but I don't mind sharing here as well - everyone has been pleasantly surprised and pleased with Shiloh Robinson. He still may end up redshirting, but it's not 100% certain anymore.
Thanks for the info Jon. Great news on Shiloh. We will need him after this year with Scottie and Myo graduating. I was thinking he was a lock to redshirt, and it certainly seems that was the plan, so if he does not, that tells us he is really, really good.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Yeah, I still think he will redshirt. I just don't see there being enough minutes to go around that would justify using his year. That only changes if Ritchie wants to play 2 bigs at all times, which I wouldn't expect.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: August 6th, 2019, 10:51 am Yeah, I still think he will redshirt. I just don't see there being enough minutes to go around that would justify using his year. That only changes if Ritchie wants to play 2 bigs at all times, which I wouldn't expect.
I tend to agree. The only way I see Shiloh playing this year is if he is bringing something to the table nobody else does, more than likely his combination of length and athleticism on the defensive end.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: August 18th, 2019, 8:15 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 18th, 2019, 8:03 pm Oh my! Can't wait! 2020 :lol:

I really think we get the projections next year. So excited.
Do you think it will be this season or next? Seems like they would save it for the new arena?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
You have to have a complete blackout for it to work. Vines has lit concession stands inside. The only light you can have is track lighting on the aisle steps. Play Basketball
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im sure they could shut the lights off in the concession stands as well for Liberty intros...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: August 20th, 2019, 12:02 pm Im sure they could shut the lights off in the concession stands as well for Liberty intros...
Dude, they can’t even get nachos right! :D
By amar0819
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote: August 20th, 2019, 12:02 pm Im sure they could shut the lights off in the concession stands as well for Liberty intros...
Dude, they can’t even get nachos right! :D
They're still better then the cardboard nachos Radford served at the finals...I dont know what hurt worse the shot or the nachos
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've honestly given up on the LU nachos. I can make better ones at home with a microwave.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Our program is at an all new level for a well respected preview magazine to consider us worthy of top 25! Such a cool time for LU basketball and couldn't happen to better guy in coach Mckay.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Wow! What a turnaround McKay has lead. I would've never predicted this quick rise to respectability
By LUAlum1215
The season opens at home vs Radford, which also happens to be a CFAW weekend. Should be a good crowd.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
MBB Twitter account has been suspended for a full day now. What silly rule could they possibly have violated?
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:30 am MBB Twitter account has been suspended for a full day now. What silly rule could they possibly have violated?
Likely a DCMA thing. Twitter has done this wrongly before though. Some rights holders claim DCMA violations before verifying the license was there.
By LUAlum1215
Game times were announced yesterday. Any idea why the Trinity Baptist game on Dec 2 is a 10pm tip-off? I know ESPN used to do a 24 hour bracket buster deal but this would be too early in the season for that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 7:10 am Game times were announced yesterday. Any idea why the Trinity Baptist game on Dec 2 is a 10pm tip-off? I know ESPN used to do a 24 hour bracket buster deal but this would be too early in the season for that.
Classes resume after Thanksgiving break the next day. My guess is they are thinking the late start time will have more students on campus and looking for something to do.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]